Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Old 01-23-2018, 10:39 PM   #1
borndead1
Ayatollah of Rock n Rolla

First Name: Mark
Trading: (7)
Partagas
borndead1 has a spectacular aura aboutborndead1 has a spectacular aura about
Default Cigar Bundles of Miami Connecticut blend torpedo

Cigar Bundles of Miami is a great vendor with fantastic customer service. I found them a couple of years ago while Googling cigars made in the USA and have purchased from them several times. Their Miami blend are some damn good smokes at around $4/stick. I recently got a bundle of Connecticut wrap torpedos.

Decent looking cigars. Not the prettiest, but decent looking wrapper. The cigar is well-rolled and has a nice weight. Easy clip and the draw is perfect for a torpedo.

First few draws...teeny bit of spice and wood right after lighting, then a bit of tanginess.

About 1" in...settling into a fairly standard mild/medium bodied CT wrap cigar flavor. It's one of my favorite flavor profiles, so I ain't complaining.

About 2" in...a little more depth is opening up. Pretty standard creamy/buttery flavor on the draw with a bit of woodsy flavor in the nostrils and on the finish. Nice smoke. Good burn so far with one minor burn correction.

About halfway...no major twists or turns. Similar flavor profile, now with a tiny of of an anise aftertaste. It's nice. Large smoke volume and maintaining a pretty even burn with one more minor burn correction.

A little past halfway...similar flavor profile with the "strength" bumping up a notch to medium. Anise aftertaste is gone, replaced with a woodsy flavor.

Toward the end...similar profile, but a bit more woodsy flavor in the nostrils. I let 'er die around 1.5".

Final thoughts...these are great smokes for the price point, and made in 'Murica. I got some Habano blend lanceros, too. I will do a review of one of those soon.