icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (60)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation
Default Re: Official MMA Thread

I have a friend who has a glass eye.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 11:26 PM   #902
zitro_joe
Adjusting to the Life

First Name: Joe
Trading: (16)
Partagas AirForce (Active)
zitro_joe is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelergar View Post
Everybody has a glass chin its a pressure point on you body. The impact on your chin rattles yoyr head in a way that causes a sensory overload resulting in a KO. Another one is the side of the head where Rodgers was hit. I guess he has a glass head.
geez

Yes, everyone can get KO'd, everyone has a button, AA's is just easier to push.
zitro_joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 11:27 PM   #903
LasciviousXXX
Team of 11...Always

First Name: Týr
Trading: (8)
VR
LasciviousXXX has disabled reputation

I would LOVE to see Fedor in the UFC. The only fight I really see being exciting for him in Strikeforce is Overeem. Almost all others I believe wouldn't be a challenge.

Having said that I also only see 2 exciting fights for him in the UFC as well. Lesnar and Couture. I don't think Mir, Dos Santos, Velasquez or Carwin are on the same level. So really I think he needs to fight the champion in the UFC as I don't consider the rest to be "the best".

And Fedor's fight with Fujita was 6 years ago.

One thing I have to say for Fedor is even when it seems he's on the brink, he always comes back and dominates. Case in point, his match with Fujita where he got rocked and came back to submit him. And his match with Randleman where he got suplexed onto his neck and came back to submit him via Kimura. And his match w/ Arlovski where it appeared he was going to be outclassed and came back and K'd him TFO. Point being, even when it looks like Fedor might be in trouble.... he always comes back to dominate.

LasciviousXXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 11:33 PM   #904
NCRadioMan
Chutney Lovebusciut

First Name: Chutney
Trading: (66)
RG
NCRadioMan has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZJB View Post

Anderson Silva would annihilate him and he's a MW.
The question was proposed to Silva not too long ago and he said Fedor would destroy him. I do think that would be a good match though. I miss the Grand Prix's of Pride.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zitro_joe View Post
Fedor has beat nog, but it was no easy fight for him, it was a long grueling three rounds. That's just the way Nog fights.

I thing fedor would definitely be a force in the UFC HW, II don't believe he would dominate in a sense. I mean Fujita almost knocked him out...Fujita????

He dominated NOG for three rounds for a uni decision. I watched that fight recently and NOG had nothing for him but did go the distance.

The key word you mentioned about Fujita is "almost".

And yes, Lesnar was on the juice when he was in the WWE. This was a false arrest but you could tell.
http://www.thesmokinggun.com/mugshots/lesnarmug1.html
Old 11-07-2009, 11:49 PM   #905
zitro_joe
Adjusting to the Life

First Name: Joe
Trading: (16)
Partagas AirForce (Active)
zitro_joe is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCRadioMan View Post
The question was proposed to Silva not too long ago and he said Fedor would destroy him. I do think that would be a good match though. I miss the Grand Prix's of Pride.

He dominated NOG for three rounds for a uni decision. I watched that fight recently and NOG had nothing for him but did go the distance.

The key word you mentioned about Fujita is "almost".

And yes, Lesnar was on the juice when he was in the WWE. This was a false arrest but you could tell.
http://www.thesmokinggun.com/mugshots/lesnarmug1.html
Agreed, but no matter how bad Nog is beaten up he is always a threat, did you see when Sapp dropped Nog on his head? That was crazy. However, nothing beats when Randlman suplex Fedor - that was nuts as well
zitro_joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 12:29 AM   #906
NCRadioMan
Chutney Lovebusciut

RG

Quote:
However, nothing beats when Randlman suplex Fedor - that was nuts as well
That was unreal!

A little over a minute later, Fedor subbed him.
Old 11-08-2009, 12:32 AM   #907
LasciviousXXX
Team of 11...Always

VR

Agreed, Big Nog is always a threat. But as I said a couple posts up, Fedor's patience and ability to finish no matter the condition he's in is what makes him dominant.

In his fight against Randleman I counted him out as soon as his feet left the ground. But he shocked me (and almost everyone else) and came back quickly to finish the fight. His ability to remain calm even in the most dire of situations is unbelievable.
Old 11-08-2009, 04:24 AM   #908
goalie204
Have My Own Room

First Name: Myles
Trading: (12)
Bolivar
goalie204 will become famous soon enoughgoalie204 will become famous soon enough

lol
goalie204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 04:43 AM   #909
LasciviousXXX
Team of 11...Always

VR

Quote:
Originally Posted by goalie204 View Post
lol

"Who would win in a fight? Fedor or God??????

Ahhh... trick question. Fedor IS God"
Old 11-08-2009, 06:34 AM   #910
floydpink
crazy diamond

First Name: Pete
Trading: (17)
Cohiba
floydpink has disabled reputation

Fedor is sick.
Old 11-08-2009, 06:52 AM   #911
floydpink
crazy diamond

First Name: Pete
Trading: (17)
Cohiba
floydpink has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
I have a friend who has a glass eye.
I once had a girlfriend with a hairlip....

A dude with a wooden eye asked her to dance at our senior prom.
Old 11-08-2009, 09:09 AM   #912
chippewastud79
Fatter than you!

First Name: Larry
Trading: (44)
Partagas
chippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
I am pretty sure Lesnar was on the juice at one point in time as well.
Lesnar is a freak. With the exception of his short stint in WWE, I am not sure when else he would have had time to be 'juicing'. And even right after WWE he went to the NFL camp, he would have to have gotten off of it quite a long time in advance before he went into camp to avoid a positive test. If you look at him in college, he was a freak then. I suppose he could certainly could be using now, but I doubt it.
Old 11-08-2009, 09:21 AM   #913
ZJB

The athletic commissions are strict he'd be suspended and hated more than he is for his antics. So I doubt he's juice'n as well. I don't like him and would love to see Lesnar lose but he'd would end Fedors reign for sure.
Old 11-08-2009, 10:07 AM   #914
Tw3nty

Quote:
Name one formidable opponent Fedor has beat in the past couple years. I believe if he fought Lesnar or even Mir he'd have serious problems he has not fought any highly ranked HW's in quite awhile. Rodgers was even doing good and he has virtually no experience.

Anderson Silva would annihilate him and he's a MW.
I have been only reading here for a while, but this comment brought me out of my slumber at the keyboard.

I have to argue that you are blinded by the media. Mir and lesnar has not fought an opponent any better than Fedor has fought. In fact Mir lost to Ian Freeman, yea I don't know who he is either.

If you watch the fights and keep a non-media infused mind, You will see that the heavyweight division is week around the world. ****, the UF show had to recruit pro-football players with almost no fighting experience to fill the show. The fights have been week and a bunch football players with minimal talent. However, baby boy has some skills. he really earned some credit in his last fight in my eyes. That arm bar was Fedor like.

To wrap up, If you watch the other fighting contests Fedor competes in Sombo and another I forget the name of--but it is when you only submit guys with no strikes to the head allowed--you can still see that he rules those worlds as well as the mma world. Fedor is no Joke, and to quote NCradioman, still the emperor.
Old 11-08-2009, 10:15 AM   #915
ZJB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tw3nty View Post
I have been only reading here for a while, but this comment brought me out of my slumber at the keyboard.

I have to argue that you are blinded by the media. Mir and lesnar has not fought an opponent any better than Fedor has fought. In fact Mir lost to Ian Freeman, yea I don't know who he is either.

If you watch the fights and keep a non-media infused mind, You will see that the heavyweight division is week around the world. ****, the UF show had to recruit pro-football players with almost no fighting experience to fill the show. The fights have been week and a bunch football players with minimal talent. However, baby boy has some skills. he really earned some credit in his last fight in my eyes. That arm bar was Fedor like.

To wrap up, If you watch the other fighting contests Fedor competes in Sombo and another I forget the name of--but it is when you only submit guys with no strikes to the head allowed--you can still see that he rules those worlds as well as the mma world. Fedor is no Joke, and to quote NCradioman, still the emperor.
They filled the show with x-football players because they did it in a short time frame for ratings to get Kimbo on TV. This season was supposed to be all the guys that are gonna be on season 11. How can you be #1 if you havn;t fought a true #2 in years.
A. Silva walks around between 220 and 230 BTW. Lesnar would out muscle him and hold him down and smash him. While Mir poses a significant threats on the ground and has much improved striking and won't have a size disadvantage as he did with Lesnar.
Old 11-09-2009, 09:47 AM   #916
LasciviousXXX
Team of 11...Always

VR

Quote:
The athletic commissions are strict he'd be suspended and hated more than he is for his antics. So I doubt he's juice'n as well. I don't like him and would love to see Lesnar lose but he'd would end Fedors reign for sure.
100% disagree here bro.

While you cannot question Lesnar's speed and size he has HUGE holes in his game. Hell Randy Couture was getting the better end of the exchange when it came to standup against him for a little bit. If Randy could penetrate his standup game, Fedor would absolute tear him apart.

Size and speed yeah, he's an animal. Against the Last Emperor...he'd get ZULU'd
Old 11-09-2009, 11:59 AM   #917
NCRadioMan
Chutney Lovebusciut

RG

These are f'n hilarious!

Machida getting the best of Rashad

Anderson beating on Forrest again
Old 11-09-2009, 02:08 PM   #918
Ken
Still Watching My Back

Trading: (0)
RyJ Army (Served With Honor)
Ken is on a distinguished road

Thought the fights were pretty good. Some how 2 seconds can mean everything and it was the difference in Miller getting a W or L. Shields had a dominate ground control but Miller was never in danger. | Rogers gained some respect from during the fight and lost 10 fold after. I was surprised to see him active on the ground and able to stand up and I was disgusted at his post fight arrogance & stupidity.
Ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 03:00 PM   #919
ZJB

Quote:
Originally Posted by LasciviousXXX View Post
100% disagree here bro.

While you cannot question Lesnar's speed and size he has HUGE holes in his game. Hell Randy Couture was getting the better end of the exchange when it came to standup against him for a little bit. If Randy could penetrate his standup game, Fedor would absolute tear him apart.

Size and speed yeah, he's an animal. Against the Last Emperor...he'd get ZULU'd
Maybe some day we can see the fight.

As far as better end of exchanges Rodgers was doing well and lost.

You really think he'd stand with Fedor.
Old 11-09-2009, 03:51 PM   #920
LasciviousXXX
Team of 11...Always

VR

Quote:
Maybe some day we can see the fight.

As far as better end of exchanges Rodgers was doing well and lost.

You really think he'd stand with Fedor.
I think he'd be forced to try as Fedor's ground game is far superior. His submissions would devastate Lesnar. And since I think Lesnar is a fairly intelligent fighter he would sense that and either be forced to stand or try the lay and pray method.

I think my overall point is that while Lesnar is good and has earned my respect, he's not on the same level.