Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 11-18-2008, 09:49 PM   #1
auburnfan1980

Default Everyone please read

After talking it over with the mods early this morning, I've decided to post a public explanation as well as apology to all affected in a situation so I can move forward on this new forum and try my best to enjoy my time here.

I received a private message last night that I will post here, but the sender's name will remain anonymous:

Quote:
I just saw one of your posts and read your intro to CA. I'm not trying to be an asshole, but your "hiatus" from CS wasn't exactly self-imposed. I'm glad you can get a fresh start on this new board, but please be aware that several people know know why you went on "temporary ban" there. It's upsetting to see you get a clean slate here without ever apologizing for or explaining your non-payment in the contest (last March) on CS.
Let me clarify: After the end of the first quarter of 2008, I was going through a few difficult struggles in both my personal/professional life. I'm not going to elaborate on what those struggles were, because it's noone's business other than to know that it was possibly the toughest time in my life that I've ever endured. It was during this time that I decided to take a "hiatus" from Club Stogie, as it was consuming a large quantity of my time and with the imminent failure of a start up cigar shop, I needed to get away from the "scene" for a while. Where I went wrong was having a "damn-it-all" attitude, and leaving without making sure I had any open obligations to anyone on the forum at the time. I was registered in the CS Lottery and though I had assumed my announcement to leave the board was sufficient in withdrawing from the lottery, I was incorrect...leaving my 5'er owed to the winner (yourchoice) unpaid, but graciously taken care of by pnoon himself. I'll try to make a long story short, but after two months, I tried to log into the site for the first time, only to find that I was banned. (Please note: not one time did I receive a personal email notifying me of being banned or reminding me of failure to pay my obligation....all notices were contained within the site which I had not visited.) I had several emails exchanged back and forth with the site owner, took some things he said personally, said some things I didn't mean since I felt he was insulting me, and to be honest...we both made ourselves look like asses.

I recognize I was at fault in this situation, but I desperately want everyone to know that this was an HONEST mistake as my family's health and my personal financial welfare was at stake during this time and (no offense) in no way was I remotely concerned with an online forum community when it came to family. I should not have left so suddenly without making sure ALL obligations had been met, and yes, that is completely my fault and noone else's. I deeply regret my lax judgement and it's apparent that many of you I used to call friend are still holding a grudge against me for this mistake.

I've contacted all parties involved personally, and have taken the necessary steps to make things right. This is a new forum, NOT Club Stogie, and I will not put up with messages such as the one listed above. I'm publicly humbling myself and asking everyone's forgiveness if your trust in me was damaged by this situation or you feel personally hurt and/or betrayed by it. The thing I'm most hurt by is the fact that several of you had gotten to know me, actually met me at a couple of different herfs, and after months of building a great reputation amongst our friends, had my integrity questioned because of a mistake like this. If the relationship between us has been permanently damaged, I'm truly sorry and I hope you'll eventually forgive me, but I'm moving on. I'm here on a new forum, with a new outlook on life, and I don't need the past thrown in my face every time I turn around. If you can't handle this, I'm washing my hands of the matter right here. However, if several of you all feel the same was as the brother who sent me this message and cannot accept my apology, please be completely honest and say so in response to this. If I feel it will be detrimental to the enjoyment of the forum for any of you if I were to stay here, I'll gladly find another place to congregate with like-minded men/women, though I'd really love to stay.

That's all I've got, so if you have a frustration with me, now's the time...air it out...I'm a big boy and I'm ready to put it behind us, so let's hear it, and hopefully those of you affected can forgive me.

Sincerely,

Jason (Auburnfan1980)
Old 11-18-2008, 09:58 PM   #2
SmokeyJoe
Chief Wannastogie Lounge

First Name: Joe
Trading: (28)
VR
SmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud of
Default Re: Everyone please read

Glad you are stepping up now... and the explanation was necessary to start fresh. Hope you enjoy the Asylum.
Old 11-18-2008, 10:02 PM   #3
dcamacho

things happen all the time .... and there's way to many great cigars and way to many great people to live life on the past or with grudges or even pass a chance of meeting someone you can call a friend. i respect how you're reaching out to your BOTL , i wish u all the best man!
Old 11-18-2008, 10:05 PM   #4
BamBam
Just Pipin'

Trading: (37)
Montecristo
BamBam will become famous soon enoughBamBam will become famous soon enough

I don't know you so I got no beef with you. You're mannin up to your mistakes and that's good enough for me.

My only curiosity is if you ever re-paid pnoon for taking care of your mistake?
BamBam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 10:21 PM   #5
auburnfan1980

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamBam View Post
I don't know you so I got no beef with you. You're mannin up to your mistakes and that's good enough for me.

I was told to "pay-it-forward" and bomb the hell outta somebody.
Old 11-18-2008, 10:24 PM   #6
BamBam
Just Pipin'

Trading: (37)
Montecristo
BamBam will become famous soon enoughBamBam will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by auburnfan1980 View Post
I was told to "pay-it-forward" and bomb the hell outta somebody.
Doesn't get any better than that.

Welcome to CA. Glad you're here and I think you handled everything awesome.

You made a mistake and owned up to it. What more can we expect.

If anyone can't let it go then that's what the Ignore function is for
BamBam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 10:31 PM   #7
pnoon
YNWA

First Name: Peter
Trading: (20)
RA
pnoon has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamBam View Post

Jason and I have communicated extensively via PM. No "repayment" is expected or necessary.
Old 11-18-2008, 10:46 PM   #8
Ahbroody
Daddy x 4

First Name: Mike
Trading: (53)
HUpmann
Ahbroody has disabled reputation

welcome I also got no beef with any of this. Shiet happens. As long as you man up and make it right thats what matters.

Let he who is without error in life hold the grudge. Pretty sure anyone holding a grudge has probablly errored in life as well and wanted that to be forgiven. We all make mistakes it takes a man to accept his errors. It also takes a man to over look ones errors.
Ahbroody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 11:41 PM   #9
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (60)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

To the fresh start, Jason.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 12:11 AM   #10
bobarian
Cranky Habanophile

Trading: (51)
ERdM
bobarian has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
To the fresh start, Jason.
I know nothing of your past transgressions, but the fact that you are willing to step up and make a public apology is good enough for me. We all have made mistakes, its how we face them that shows the true person.
Welcome to the Asylum.
bobarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 06:16 AM   #11
groogs
Have My Own Room

First Name: Grant
Trading: (62)
Trinidad
groogs will become famous soon enoughgroogs will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobarian View Post
I know nothing of your past transgressions, but the fact that you are willing to step up and make a public apology is good enough for me. We all have made mistakes, its how we face them that shows the true person.
Welcome to the Asylum.
Welcome to CA.
groogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 06:24 AM   #12
Smokin Gator
Just plain insane!

Trading: (106)
Partagas
Smokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to behold

Whatever your past transgressions were... I think the way you have handled in here is a good model for anyone. Congrats on being here brother!!
Old 11-19-2008, 06:35 AM   #13
Cigarcop
Wishin I Was Fishin

Trading: (40)
HdM
Cigarcop has disabled reputation

I agree with all the above and don't know the extent of it all, but it does take a big man to fess up and if all goes well you'll be herfin again with friends.

Good luck and welcome to CA
Cigarcop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 06:38 AM   #14
poker
1:11

First Name: Kelly
Trading: (7)
Cohiba
poker has disabled reputation

And thats the way its done. Nice to see you man up and make amends.
Welcome to a fresh start here.

Cigar Asylum: A cigar board birthed without agendas, without profiting, and without advertisements. Amor puro

Character is what you do when no one is watching
poker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 06:39 AM   #15
ucla695
Neither here, nor there

Trading: (5)
Montecristo
ucla695 has disabled reputation

Welcome to CA! I hope you're out of troubled waters and have smooth sailing ahead.
ucla695 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 06:39 AM   #16
dunng
MassHole

First Name: Greg
Trading: (59)
Bolivar
dunng has disabled reputation

Welcome to the Asylum! How's the store doing?
Old 11-19-2008, 06:40 AM   #17
SeanGAR
Crotchety Geezer

Trading: (3)
SeanGAR has disabled reputation

I still have a big problem here ... you haven't apologized for being an Auburn fan.

I want to see video of you doing an enthusiastic job of a GATOR CHOMP.

The rest ... well, you manned up.. I hope your troubles are behind you.
Old 11-19-2008, 06:48 AM   #18
auburnfan1980

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanGAR View Post
I still have a big problem here ... you haven't apologized for being an Auburn fan.

I want to see video of you doing an enthusiastic job of a GATOR CHOMP.

The rest ... well, you manned up.. I hope your troubles are behind you.

My troubles aren't behind me....have you seen the way we've played this year?!? There's been a lot of going around on Saturdays this year, i'm afraid. Don't tempt me about the gator chomp....I mean, I have no problem with you guys...seems Auburn is the one team you guys can't beat!

Jason
Old 11-19-2008, 07:00 AM   #19
ahc4353

Jason,

Takes a good man to admit when he was wrong. We can all learn from our mistakes as well as those made by others. Thank you for taking the time to let us know what happened.

I'm sure most, if not all, of the folks here will respect you for this post and move forward.

Welcome to our new home it is a great place to be. Kick your shoes off and make yourself comfy.

Al
Old 11-19-2008, 07:12 AM   #20
auburnfan1980

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahc4353 View Post
Jason,

Takes a good man to admit when he was wrong. We can all learn from our mistakes as well as those made by others. Thank you for taking the time to let us know what happened.

I'm sure most, if not all, of the folks here will respect you for this post and move forward.

Welcome to our new home it is a great place to be. Kick your shoes off and make yourself comfy.

Al

Al,

I dunno about being a good man, but I do try and I appreciate your kind words. I always remembered you being a great BOTL on the other forum and it's great to have a home to come back to here.

Jason