Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 08-21-2009, 04:09 AM   #281
Stogieman
Herf King

First Name: Charlie
Trading: (0)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
Stogieman is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Re: Good morning Post and sports update

Good morning all, the coffee is on and a big T.G.I.F.!!!! We had a great time last night at Schlesinger's with a packed house. It was one year ago yesterday that we lost our BOTL Tom (hudsonvalley) and we had a nice time remembering all the good times. Two of his sons and a daughter came down for it and it was nice to see a lot of his ole' buddies there as well. It's tough some times when we lose a good friend but as long as you can remember the good times that were had, they are never gone. Anyway, The Yankees were off last night and they'll be in Boston tonight starting at 1910(7:10pm) with Andy Pettitte starting on the mound for the Bombers. Also, the NASCAR drivers are at my favorite track this weekend, Bristol, Tenn:

http://www.nascar.com/video/daily.ne...car/index.html

The Nationwide Series racers will be at it this evening and the Sprint Cup Series will be racin' tomorrow night. I hope everyone has a great weekend and enjoys a favorite or two and gets to relax as well. If any of you are in Hurricane Bill's path, hunker down and let us know if all is well.......
Old 08-22-2009, 06:31 AM   #282
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all and yes, the coffee is on. Last night's Yankees / Red Sox game will not go down in history as the best pitching game but the scoring was wild. The Yankees won 20 - 11 with a number of players going deep from both teams. Today, they'll have game 2 of the match up at 1610(4:10pm) with A.J. Burnett starting for the Bombers on the mound. Also last night, David Ragan won the NASCAR Nationwide Series race in Bristol, TN. http://www.nascar.com/ Tonight, the Sprint Cup Series will go at it starting around 1830(6:30pm) and I'm sure that tempers will be hot in the high banked short track. I hope everyone has a super Saturday and enjoys it as well........
Old 08-23-2009, 05:35 AM   #283
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)
Smile Re: Good morning Post and sports update

Good morning all and yes, the Killer Beans Electric Chair™ Espresso coffee is on. Well, the Yankees got beat yesterday so that means that the rubber game of the match up is this evening at 2005(8:05pm). It will be a pitching duel with C.C. Sabathia up against Josh Beckett and hopefully the Bombers bats get hot again like they were Friday evening. Last night, Kyle Busch won the race at Bristol, TN. It was a good race with a lot of beatin' and bangin', your normal short track racin'. Anyway, I hope everyone has a great day and enjoys.......
Old 08-24-2009, 04:07 AM   #284
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all and yes, the coffee is on as always. Well, the Yankees hit 5 homers and with C.C. Sabathia pitching, the Bombers won again in Boston 8 - 4 taking the series 2 out of 3 games this weekend. They are off tonight and will be back in the Bronx tomorrow taking on the Texas Rangers for a 3 games series. I hope everyone has a great week and gets to enjoy a few of your favorites through out it.......
Old 08-25-2009, 03:57 AM   #285
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all, the coffee is on and I'm already on my 2nd cup. Not much going on last night sports wise. Tonight the Yankees will take on the Texas Rangers at 1905(7:05pm) with Joba Chamberlain starting on the mound for the Bombers. Have a great day everyone and enjoy.......
Old 08-26-2009, 03:58 AM   #286
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)
Talking Re: Good morning Post and sports update

Good morning all, the coffee is on and I'm thinking of grabbing a egg and sausage on a bulky roll on the way to work. Well, the Yankees came up 1 run short last night loosing 10 - 9 to Texas. They'll be back at it again tonight with the Rangers at 1905(7:05pm) with Andy Pettitte starting on the mound. Hopefully the Bronx Bombers bounce back with a "W" tonight. Army has their 1st football game next Saturday the 5th of September at Eastern Mighigan and the following Saturday (Sep 12th) is the 1st Home Game of the season. They will be taking on Duke which should be a good one to watch. Here is the entire season schedule and if your in the area and would like to attend a game or two, just let me know ahead of time:

http://www.nmnathletics.com/SportSel...&Q_SEASON=2009

Anyway, I hope you have a Happy Hump Day and you take the time to enjoy a favorite cigar or two........
Old 08-27-2009, 03:47 AM   #287
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all and yes, the joe is brewin'. Well, the Yankees came back with a decisive win last night beating the Rangers 9 - 2.

http://newyork.yankees.mlb.com/index.jsp?c_id=nyy

Today the two teams will meet once again for that rubber game of the match. A.J. Burnett will throw the 1st pitch at 1305(1:05pm) in front of a sold out stadium. We tried getting tickets but the game has been sold out for a month. Anyway, since today is Thusday, we'll be at Schlesinger's Cigar Bar / Hudson Valley Cigars this evening enjoying primo sticks and good times. Stop on by if you're in the area and join in on the good times. Either way, I hope everyone has a great day and gets to enjoy a primo stick if the time allows.......
Old 08-28-2009, 04:11 AM   #288
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all and a deserving T.G.I.F.!!!!! Yesterday's Yankees game was bad as they got beat by the Rangers 7 - 2. One good thing was that the Red Sox also lost so we are still 6.0 games ahead in 1st place. Tonight the White Sox are in town and C.C. Sabathia will be throwing the 1st pitch at 1905(7:05pm). Last night we had a good time at Schlesinger's Cigar Bar and it was good seeing LouieD, Ralph (ilcchef2), and all of the rest of the Thursday night gang. Not sure what's up for this weekend as of yet due too the unknown path of Tropical Storm Danny heading our way. We'll know more later on today as it starts to pass the Outer Banks and determines its direction a little bit more. Have a great weekend all and be careful out there if your on the East Coast.......

Oh yeah, the coffee is on!!!!!!
Old 08-29-2009, 03:59 AM   #289
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all and yes, the joe is brewin'. I know, it's 0500(5am) on a Saturday morning but I have to go into the office and clear 2 transient barracks full of Royal Canadian Air Force Cadets that are heading back to Toronto this morning. Anyway, it was good to see the Yankees win last night with Robbie Cano hitting a 3 run walk-off homer in the bottom of the 10th giving the Bombers a 5 - 2 victory over the White Sox. For the full story, look here:

http://newyork.yankees.mlb.com/news/...=.jsp&c_id=nyy

The two teams will be back at today at 1305(1:05pm) and hopefully the Yanks will get another "W" as well. I hope everyone has a great day and gets to relax and enjoy a couple of primo stogies.......
Old 08-30-2009, 06:12 AM   #290
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good Sunday morning all and as always, the coffee is on. Yesterday, the Yankees blanked the White Sox 10 - 0 with a great showing by Sergio Mitre who left the game with a bruised right forearm in the 6th inning and a 1 hit game. for the full story:

http://newyork.yankees.mlb.com/news/...=.jsp&c_id=nyy

Today the two teams will be back at it one more time today at 1305(1:05pm) again with Joba Chamberlain starting on the mound for the Bombers. Also today, the NASCAR Nationwide Series (the ole' Busch Series) will be racing up in Montreal, Canada this afternoon at 1400(2pm) and will be televised on ESPN2. Anyway, I hope everyone has a great day and enjoys.......
Old 08-31-2009, 04:02 AM   #291
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning everyone and yes, the joe is brewin'. It was another good day yesterday as the Yankees swept the White Sox with a final score of 8 - 3. Today, the Bombers will be taking on the Baltimore Orioles in Camden Yards at 1905(7:05pm) with Andy Pettitte on the mound for New York. Also, congrats to Carl Edwards for winning the NASCAR race up in Canada beating Marcos Ambrose on the last lap of the race. For the full story, look here:

http://www.nascar.com/

I hope everyone has a great week and gets to enjoy a few of your favorites through out it.......
Old 09-01-2009, 03:52 AM   #292
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all and yes, the coffee is on as always. Well, the Yankees took game 1 in Baltimore 5 - 1 and the two teams will be back at it again tonight at 1905(7:05pm) with A. J. Burnett pitching for the Bombers. It looks like the weather is finally cooperating here on the East Coast with temps in the 70s during the day with plenty of sun if you're still lying out on the beach:

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick...ield2=-74.0273

I hope everyone has a great day and takes the time to enjoy a primo stick sometime during it.......
Old 09-02-2009, 03:32 AM   #293
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all and yes, I got a fresh pot of coffee brewin' as we speak. I hate to say it but the Yankees won another one last night over the Orioles 9 - 6. Thank god they are on a roll cause the Red Sox are doing the same thing and we are keeping a 6.5 game lead in 1st place. Tonight C.C. Sabathia starts on the mound for the Bombers and hopefully they put another "W" up on the scoreboard. Anyway, I hope everyone has a happy "Hump Day", and enjoys a favorite or two or........
Old 09-02-2009, 03:37 AM   #294
bvilchez
En búsqueda.....

First Name: Bolivar aka Jay
Trading: (76)
Bolivar MarineCorps (Active)
bvilchez has disabled reputation
Default Re: Good morning Post and sports update

Damn I love my Yankees!!!!!
bvilchez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 04:06 AM   #295
longknocker
Postwhore

First Name: Greg
Trading: (82)
Cohiba
longknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by bvilchez View Post
Damn I love my Yankees!!!!!
But will they win the "Series" this year?
longknocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 03:36 AM   #296
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all and yes, the coffee is on. Well, the Yankees took the broom to the Orioles winning again last night 10 - 2. C.C. had a very good 7+ innings pitching and the bats erupted in the top of the 9th producing 7 runs when they were needed. Tonight the Bombers will be in Toronto with the 1st pitch being thrown at 1907(7:07pm) Rogers Centre. Anyway, today being Thursday and all, we'll be at Schlesinger's Ciagr Bar / Hudson Valley Cigars enjoying primo sticks and watching the game. If you're close by and have an hour or two, stop on by and join in on the fun. Either way, I hope everyone has a great day and enjoys.......
Old 09-04-2009, 03:54 AM   #297
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all, the coffee is on and a big T.G.I.F. We had a good time last night at Schlesinger's enjoying great stogies and watching the Yankees win another one, 10 - 5. It will be a pitchers duel tonight, Joba Chamberlain vs. Roy Halladay (sounds like a gun fight at the O.K. Corral). This weekend will be filled with baseball, NASCAR and the opening game for Army football. They will be playing Saturday evening taking on Eastern Michigan (Rynearson Stadium), Ypsilanti, MI starting at 1900(7pm). Thier first home game is next Saturday against Duke which should be a good one. For thier full schedule, look here:

http://www.nmnathletics.com/SportSel...&Q_SEASON=2009

Also this weekend is the Oktoberfest at the Black Forest Mill located in Highland Mills, NY. I'm sure that we'll be there sippin' a couple of cold ones and enjoying some german fare. I hope everyone has a great Labor Day weekend and takes the time to enjoy a few of your favorites......
Old 09-04-2009, 03:11 PM   #298
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

First Name: Andy
Trading: (4)
Partagas
Starscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to behold

Good afternoon and the Reds suck. The Panthers look horrible this pre-season as well. Hoping they get 'er done in the regular season.

Insert quote here.
Starscream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 06:02 AM   #299
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all and yes, the coffee is on. Well, yes Yankkees had an off night last night loosing to the Blue Jays 6 - 0. They'll be back at it today at 1307(1:07pm) with Andy Pettitte starting on the mound for the Bombers. Also today, the NASCAR Nationwide Series is on at 1830(6:30pm) from Atlanta and then The Craftsman Truck Series is on at 2130(9:30pm) from Iowa: http://www.nascar.com/ The Army football game is not being televised but you can find it on certain radio stations: 770am, 1330am, 1390am, etc. Anyway, I hope everyone has a great day and enjoys.......

Oh yeah, we'll be stopping by the Oktoberfest today for a couple of cold mugs of German Beer and a bratwurst with kraut!!!!
Old 09-06-2009, 06:31 AM   #300
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all and yes, the Killer Beans Electric Chair Espresso it on!!!! Well, the Yanks one another 6 - 4 in Toronto while the Red Sox lost putting the Bombers 8.5 games ahead in the American League East. The two teams will meet up for one more game today at 1307(1:07pm) and then off to Tampa for the next series. Army won thier season opener up in Michigan 27 - 14 doing it for the first time since 1996. Here's the full story:

http://www.goarmysports.com/ViewArti...CLID=204788639

NASCAR wise, I didn't watch any of the races yesterday as I TVO'd them and will view both races today. The NASCAR Sprint Cup Series will be starting at 1900(7pm) in Atlanta and I'll be sure to watch that one live. We had a great time at the Oktober Fest yesterday sittin' around with a good 15 - 20 family & friends with us. I hope everyone has a super Sunday and relaxes and gets to enjoy a couple of your favorites.....