Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 08-29-2009, 04:40 AM   #41
drevim
On the inside looking out

First Name: Ian
Trading: (6)
Partagas
drevim has disabled reputation
Default Re: Your memorable "Cigar Smoking Experiences"

To hark back to JBaileys post, walking into Luhvul I and having people whom I had only known for 2 months, and only through an internet forum, treat me like family. I still am in awe of the group we had there, and how a newbie quickly was brought into that group. All the cigars that day were special, but not because of what they were, but where I was.

St. Louis, 2007, smoked a Monte 2 Dunhill, and a Cabinetta back to back, while hanging with some great people.

Wrapping up an amazing weekend in KC, doing a mini PPP (3 person) with a Clem and 1492.

So many at the Shack over the 3 years I've been, having met so many great BOTLs and shared so many great cigars, hard to single one out. Although getting the "Big Chief" at SH3 stands out, as does the Punishment PPP this year. Smoking the Trinis on the pier on Sunday at SH2, when there was only about 8 of us left.

The Epic PPP in Springfield, at LOLH 6, Klugs hotel room, the walls lined with probably 20+ people. Can't imagine what the cleaning lady thought the next morning. Kerry's Pineapple Vodka drink, Tom and I cutting the top off the bottle to eat the goods that were down in the bottom.
Old 08-29-2009, 05:37 AM   #42
yachties23
The Belly of the Beast

First Name: Chris
Trading: (15)
Bolivar
yachties23 is on a distinguished road

My first CS herf with the Jersey/Philly guys. (VS, JoeD, Germantownrob, Raisin)

05 Boli PC. First CC ever, made me realize I hadn't even begun the experience cigars. I had no idea what to expect when I showed up at JRs, but I got a great welcome, enjoyed an awesome night, and smoked more cigars that night than I can think to count, but the Boli PC stands out.

Tonight-

Hopefully this will be a memorable one. Heading down to Atlantic city for one of my best friend's bachelor parties. Bringing down three Opus X double Coronas, that have been sitting for a while. One for my brother, myself and for the doomed groom to be.
yachties23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 10:57 AM   #43
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (60)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by drevim View Post
To hark back to JBaileys post, walking into Luhvul I and having people whom I had only known for 2 months, and only through an internet forum, treat me like family. I still am in awe of the group we had there, and how a newbie quickly was brought into that group. All the cigars that day were special, but not because of what they were, but where I was.

St. Louis, 2007, smoked a Monte 2 Dunhill, and a Cabinetta back to back, while hanging with some great people.

Wrapping up an amazing weekend in KC, doing a mini PPP (3 person) with a Clem and 1492.

So many at the Shack over the 3 years I've been, having met so many great BOTLs and shared so many great cigars, hard to single one out. Although getting the "Big Chief" at SH3 stands out, as does the Punishment PPP this year. Smoking the Trinis on the pier on Sunday at SH2, when there was only about 8 of us left.

The Epic PPP in Springfield, at LOLH 6, Klugs hotel room, the walls lined with probably 20+ people. Can't imagine what the cleaning lady thought the next morning. Kerry's Pineapple Vodka drink, Tom and I cutting the top off the bottle to eat the goods that were down in the bottom.
Some great moments, Ian.

Allan busting open the RACs from Sean at the Luhvul Herf and passing them out...the look on Sean's face.

Stoli Dolis....I just can't believe I remember that night so vivdly with about 1/2 gallon of vodka in my belly.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 11:17 AM   #44
:eevis

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbum View Post
monte no 2 during my best friend's bachelor party...
Funny, this is the the exact same that I was going to post. One of my friend future brother in laws brought two boxes into town with him, and we sat around the horse track and enjoyed many of them! This was about the only part of the night that I remember
Old 08-29-2009, 01:29 PM   #45
Sr Mike
As Is

Sr Mike has disabled reputation

Every S.H.I.T. herf is a memorable experience, but I will share one that was not during that herf.

A few years back, a buddy of mine and I went on a road trip to Arizona. Finally arriving at the hotel around 8:30 pm. The hotel we were at was in shambles, they called it construction, the door for the bathroom had been kicked in, and the faucet in the bathroom was loose from the sink. The place was pretty ratty.

We were on the second floor. As we were sitting on the balcony smoking Mombacho Thermonuclears (wonderful cigars BTW) we were having a great time BSing about everything in life, joking about the hotel room, laughing at how disgusting the pool looked with moving mounds of dirt on the floor of the pool. We were having a great time.

I got up to get a drink in the room, we had the sliding glass door closed because we were in a nonsmoking room. I reached for the handle and gave a pull and thought to myself, 'something is not right here'. I tried again, it still did not open, I was puzzled because the latch to lock the door is on the inside and was obviously unlocked as we were outside.

After a third time without any luck of opening the door, I turned to my friend and said "Guess what, you are sleeping on the balcony tonight" he turned to look at me and mumbled out a "what?" to which I replied, "you are locked out of your room, you better go tell the front desk."

He did not believe me and had to try to open the door himself, I looked over the balcony to the floor below and saw that the concrete walkway was too far out to jump to and right below us the "garden" was filled with lava rocks. Both my friend and I were barefoot, so jumping was not a good idea. I told my friend "dude, you are in the military, why don't you monkey yourself on down and go get help". He replied "Hey, I'm Navy not Marines!"

We came to the conclusion that since we were siting on the balcony to relax and smoke cigar, we would continue to do so until we finally saw someone we could ask for help. After about 30 minutes an employee exited the lobby, after laughing at us being locked out, she retrieved a new key to help us out. This employee was quite the light bulb when she shared her wisdom told us "Next time you go outside, don't lock the door behind you". I looked at her and said "This prank would have been funnier had I remembered I can only walk one direction through walls". She stood there puzzled, then left and we walked back outside making sure we did not close the door completely this time.

One might think the story ends there, but the next morning we went down to get our free complimentary breakfast provided by the hotel, which was real potatoes and eggs, we had company because the cook would bring her entire family over for breakfast every morning we were there.

When we headed back upstairs to the room, I put the plastic credit card key in the slot and the door did not budge. I tried again, but still no go. I then told my friend "Dude, you locked yourself out again!" After a bit of joking we headed downstairs to get a new key, turns out the employee that unlocked the glass door for us did not get just another key assigned to our room, but a new one and reprogrammed the door lock.

Needless to say, the next few nights we smoked cigars on the balcony, we never did close that glass door. We also never needed to get new keys.

That is my most memorable cigar smoking experience.
Sr Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 01:51 PM   #46
md4958
Captain Cannoli

First Name: Moe
Trading: (62)
HUpmann
md4958 has disabled reputation

Shack V!!!

Patriots vs Jets HERF Foxboro stadium parking lot.

Smoking in my garage with Joey (ir13) and his brother Greg (pyrokin) until the 4am

Blizzard HERF 08. attended by Massphatness, Mugen910, AdamC, ir13, pyrokin, Gargoyle. Most of whom traveled hours to get there in the biggest blizzard of the winter.

Smoking with Don Pepin

rrplasencia HERF summer 2009. Finally got to meet Richard for the first time

"One fart can foul the air for everyone" - Esteemed philosopher
"If avoiding the nasty $hit is being a snob, them I am guilty as charged."- Same esteemed philosopher.
md4958 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 04:29 PM   #47
drevim

Partagas

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
Some great moments, Ian.

Allan busting open the RACs from Sean at the Luhvul Herf and passing them out...the look on Sean's face.

Stoli Dolis....I just can't believe I remember that night so vivdly with about 1/2 gallon of vodka in my belly.
Stoli Dolis...Thank you, my brain can rest now.

Sean's face was priceless. "I couldn't bring myself to break that cab for 2 years and you pass them around at a herf"

Meeting Allan for the first time at Luhvul 2, getting off work at 10PM on Friday, and driving over to Louisville. Dave (Hollywood) and Allan were the only 2 still standing at about 1:30 when we (Puffy and me) got there. Ended up smoking for another 2+ hours after we got there. Learned the next day that Allan never surfaces at a herf until after noon...usually.
Old 08-29-2009, 05:02 PM   #48
Mugen910
I <3 Huy

First Name: Location
Trading: (106)
HUpmann MarineCorps (Served With Honor)
Mugen910 has disabled reputation

Shack herf V had so many great smoking experiences but the one that stick out of my mind the most during that herf was with Bryan (addiction) and Bobby (bobbyritz). Bryan thought he dropped his shiny black dupont into the grass on the pier had 4 guys on the ground at 10pm with flashlights looking for it. Well there is an on going joke with some of the guys about being a so-called big baller with their cigar collection. Ok so the funny part was having Bryan on his knees with a flashlight digging into his traveldor to see if his lighter fell in there by accident. Bobby sees this from across the pier and yells out "OMG Bryan's such a big baller that he can climb into this traveldor and it's phucken glowing" I couldn't stop laughing and neither could some of the other guys there. . Ahhh memories!!!
Posted via Mobile Device
Mugen910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 05:04 PM   #49
md4958
Captain Cannoli

First Name: Moe
Trading: (62)
HUpmann
md4958 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugen910 View Post
Shack herf V had so many great smoking experiences but the one that stick out of my mind the most during that herf was with Bryan (addiction) and Bobby (bobbyritz). Bryan thought he dropped his shiny black dupont into the grass on the pier had 4 guys on the ground at 10pm with flashlights looking for it. Well there is an on going joke with some of the guys about being a so-called big baller with their cigar collection. Ok so the funny part was having Bryan on his knees with a flashlight digging into his traveldor to see if his lighter fell in there by accident. Bobby sees this from across the pier and yells out "OMG Bryan's such a big baller that he can climb into this traveldor and it's phucken glowing" I couldn't stop laughing and neither could some of the other guys there. . Ahhh memories!!!
Posted via Mobile Device
who could ever forget that???

"One fart can foul the air for everyone" - Esteemed philosopher
"If avoiding the nasty $hit is being a snob, them I am guilty as charged."- Same esteemed philosopher.
md4958 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 10:46 AM   #50
M1903A1
Have My Own Room

Trading: (4)
RA
M1903A1 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
I remember trying some of that stuff. Damn, was it dangerous!
Old 08-30-2009, 12:53 PM   #51
Havanaaddict
Man in Black!!!

Trading: (1)
Havanaaddict will become famous soon enoughHavanaaddict will become famous soon enough

Quote:

Fricking great time
Old 08-30-2009, 12:56 PM   #52
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (60)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Havanaaddict View Post
Fricking great time
Root Beer!!

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 01:13 PM   #53
drevim

Partagas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havanaaddict View Post
Fricking great time

I would have to think Mark could say every one of the most expensive Statos Brevas ever that he bought at the auction was a memorable smoke.....F@$K Vic