Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Accessory Discussion / Reviews

Old 05-05-2014, 07:07 AM   #1
forgop
Not a puffer

First Name: Duane
Trading: (40)
Partagas Army (Served With Honor)
forgop is a jewel in the roughforgop is a jewel in the roughforgop is a jewel in the roughforgop is a jewel in the rough
Default Avalla Accumonitor/Staebell Set and Forget/Habitat Monitor

Appears as though my CI branded Hydra LG crapped out and managed to get 2 years out of it. Not overly sure it was that accurate either.

Looks like Avallo/Staebell both would run $299 for a cabinet ~ 6 cu ft with a fan timer. I sent an inquiry in to Habitat Monitor for their recommended configuration based upon the typical room conditions in the summer/winter.

I'm sure all 3 will be quite nice, but wondered if anyone has actual experience with more than one of them.

TIA
forgop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 07:21 AM   #2
massphatness
Where's my buffaloooo ...

First Name: Vin
Trading: (206)
ERdM
massphatness has disabled reputation
Default Re: Avalla Accumonitor/Staebell Set and Forget/Habitat Monitor

I have an Avallo cabinet as well as an Aristocrat that are both roughly similar sized. Both humidification systems work extremely well, and both companies deliver excellent customer service. Personal preference from an ease of use standpoint is the Avallo mostly because of the simplicity of adding water and changing the wicks in the canisters. However, if you're into all the bells and whistles, the Aritocrat's humidification control allows you to program many more features. I generally don't need much more than the ability to set the desired humidification, but if you like micro-managing the humidor environment, the Aristocrat's system is probably the way to go.

Happy to send you scans of the user manuals for both units to give you an idea of what I'm talking about. PM me your email address if you'd like that (and give me a couple days to pull the info together).
Old 05-05-2014, 08:43 AM   #3
CigarNut
F*ck Cancer!

First Name: Michael
Trading: (111)
RA
CigarNut has disabled reputation

I do not know anything abou the Habitat, but I do not think you can go wrong with either the Avallo or the Aristocrat.

2 of 3 Requirements for use of the CA Rolodex: 100 posts/ 60 day membership/ participation in trade (trader rating). New members can be added at any time.
CigarNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 09:58 AM   #4
equetefue
Liga Privada Hoarder

First Name: Edwin
Trading: (17)
Partagas AirForce (Disabled Vet)
equetefue has a spectacular aura aboutequetefue has a spectacular aura about

I have the Set and Forget and is simply awesome. Haven't had any issues whatsoever with the unit and the humidity control inside the cabinet since getting it.
Old 05-05-2014, 10:01 AM   #5
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

My stuff works great. I couldn't be more pleased.
I have about a dozen hydras in a box on the shelf in the garage, but no lg's.
Old 05-09-2014, 12:05 AM   #6
forgop
Not a puffer

First Name: Duane
Trading: (40)
Partagas Army (Served With Honor)
forgop is a jewel in the roughforgop is a jewel in the roughforgop is a jewel in the roughforgop is a jewel in the rough

Looks like I lucked out...for now. The digital display was flashing nonsense and wasn't working, so I unplugged it. I then plugged it in after some time off and it took off running.

That said, I think I'm still leaning towards a better system. I added 3 circulation fans inside my cabinet humi for a humidifier of that size and it still doesn't seem like it does a good job of getting the humidification to the top drawer as much as I like. Then again, I have to play cigar tetris with the best of them to get all of my boxes in there, so that doesn't help matters.

Probably leaning towards the system from Bob, but if you look at the humidification unit itself, it's the same thing as sold by Habitat. The controller is different though, so not sure what that is worth.
forgop is offline   Reply With Quote