Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 10-08-2011, 07:09 AM   #121
688sonarmen
Shipmate!

First Name: Jake
Trading: (17)
Bolivar Navy (Active)
688sonarmen is just really nice688sonarmen is just really nice688sonarmen is just really nice688sonarmen is just really nice
Default Re: The Wolfman

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoflex View Post
I'm wondering if the Monster will even happen next year now. I got to speak to Pete for a bit at a recent event and he admitted the Monster has become a "Monster." If you follow him on Facebook you will see it obviously has become a nightmare for him already again this year(this is going back to Wednesday, two days after releasing the list to the general public) but when speaking to him he said if this year turns out to be a fiasco like years prior he may ditch the project completely as it has done more harm than good for him. Can't blame the guy as he did try and do it as something fun but it has ironically become a Monster to deal with as no one seems to be happy with what they get both vendors and loyal customers.
I wish he would, the cigars are not worth it. After chasing a box down last year waiting the required few weeks because "the wrappers were fragile" and sparking one up looking forward seriously forward to the cigar- it burst on me. I have smoked a few more and they are not great cigars. Actually no cigar is going to live up to the hype of this S. I think the monster series has cheapened the traditions of the cigar world and made men who were once only closet teenagers and children to come out of the closet. Tatuaje tries to be so different but in the end is manufacturing the same hype and B.S (last year the same story was told, "not doing monster next year") as the other company's they bash. Just my and if I hurt anyones religious views to their higher power I'm sorry
688sonarmen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 07:31 AM   #122
E.J.
I'm nuts for the place

Trading: (21)
E.J. is a jewel in the roughE.J. is a jewel in the roughE.J. is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoflex View Post
I'm wondering if the Monster will even happen next year now. I got to speak to Pete for a bit at a recent event and he admitted the Monster has become a "Monster." If you follow him on Facebook you will see it obviously has become a nightmare for him already again this year(this is going back to Wednesday, two days after releasing the list to the general public) but when speaking to him he said if this year turns out to be a fiasco like years prior he may ditch the project completely as it has done more harm than good for him. Can't blame the guy as he did try and do it as something fun but it has ironically become a Monster to deal with as no one seems to be happy with what they get both vendors and loyal customers.
That is unfortunate.... I have never quite understood the sour grapes attitude of those that cannot get a box of cigars.... In the end, it is rolled up tobacco leafs, buy something else, something that you know you enjoy and will most likely be far less expensive and go on with life. Nobody kicked your dog, spoke poorly about your mother or slept with your girlfriend/wife/boyfriend/husband. You were not able to purchase a limited edition cigar.... Odd concept, limited edition, high demand, some people don't get.....

Fact is, at a later date, boxes always come up for sale on here at/around MSRP.

Not to mention the cutting off your nose to spite your face comments like, I'll never buy a tat again after not being able to buy a box of XXXX? If you like them, smoke them. This wasn't a plot against you or anyone who couldn't get a box.... Some loved and loyal consumers won't get boxes....that is life, it doesn't mean they are not appreciated. But if you want to stop smoking cigars that you enjoy, because you somehow feel like you were personally disrespected by being unable to get a box of limited edition cigars...okay, there are a lot of other great cigars out there....go enjoy them. I don't quite understand it, but everyone has choices in life.

I have been able to secure a box and been unable to, been on both sides of this through the years. On this years release, I didn't even try.... It was not because I don't like the concept or didn't want a box, it was just not something I wanted to put energy in. Plus, I have spent a little money on cigars this month....

I hope Pete continues to put out the series, I think it is fun.... It is unfortunate that too many people take this release FAR TOO SERIOUS.

/end rant
E.J. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 09:35 AM   #123
lyle23

Well said EJ! You have some great points. I do like the concept behind the monster series, it does suck that not everyone can get their hands on a box, or in some cases even a stick. But like You said, limited edition is limited edition. It sux that I can't get my hands on most viajes that I want to try, but oh well. They are LIMITED in numbers and it's just something I have to accept. And I have accepted it. Maybe I am more understanding than others?
Old 10-08-2011, 02:12 PM   #124
MiamiE
I'm nuts for the place

First Name: Erick
Trading: (38)
RA
MiamiE will become famous soon enoughMiamiE will become famous soon enough

I don't understand what's the big deal either. Those who REALLY want to chase and secure a box will go through the hassle to get one. If you didn't get one you didn't work hard enough for it. Just my opinion.
MiamiE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 02:20 PM   #125
Bill86
Snob

First Name: Bill
Trading: (67)
Cohiba
Bill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to all

The face boxes last year weren't much of a hassle at all to get......

I just called Uptowns and got put on a list. I didn't even attend the event.

Old 10-08-2011, 03:13 PM   #126
Matt-N-Ga
MattGah

First Name: Matt
Trading: (4)
Partagas
Matt-N-Ga will become famous soon enough

I'm not normally one to chime in on these type of things, but I will agree with EJ. While personally a fan of Tatuaje cigars, I'm also a fan of inventive business practices. Take for example the recent release of some very limited beers. Same problem. Too many people want them, not enough production. Isn't that exactly the type of demand that a company wants ? I won't be searching out for the series this year, mostly cause I have other priorities and my taste have changed (love the "Twang") in the past 2 years, but I'm jealous of Pete, his ability to maintain a constant fervor, a longing, a desire to have his product has launched a "Monster" (pun intended) of a business. I can only hope that when it comes time to open my business venture, I can create as much passion (love or hate) as Pete has.
Old 10-08-2011, 07:18 PM   #127
neoflex
I'm nuts for the place

First Name: John
Trading: (32)
RA
neoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really nice

Well put EJ and that seems to be the issue here. Too many people, retailers included seem to take it personal if they don't get any or more than their original allotment. A lot of guys have said they didn't like any of the Monsters but I would be curious to see the results if they were given the stick unbanded with no info as the hype may have had them expecting too much from it.
Old 10-08-2011, 07:54 PM   #128
Boz
In Vino Veritas

First Name: William
Trading: (18)
HUpmann
Boz has a spectacular aura aboutBoz has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill86 View Post
The face boxes last year weren't much of a hassle at all to get......

I just called Uptowns and got put on a list. I didn't even attend the event.

I just walked into Belle Meade premium cigars and he has 10 dress boxes and a couple boxes for sales of singles. He had 31 yesterday.
Old 10-10-2011, 01:33 PM   #129
Boz
In Vino Veritas

First Name: William
Trading: (18)
HUpmann
Boz has a spectacular aura aboutBoz has a spectacular aura about

I just realized how crappy this picture is. I'll try to get some better ones.
Old 10-10-2011, 02:37 PM   #130
Angry_Pirate
Traveler

First Name: J.T.
Trading: (40)
Cohiba
Angry_Pirate is on a distinguished road

Do any stores online have these for sale in singles yet?
Angry_Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 09:59 PM   #131
RightAJ
Here Franky Franky

First Name: aj
Trading: (3)
RA
RightAJ will become famous soon enough

Just got the call today, my coffin is shipping tomorrow

aj
Old 10-10-2011, 10:02 PM   #132
neoflex
I'm nuts for the place

First Name: John
Trading: (32)
RA
neoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really nice

Called my local and still nothing.
Old 10-10-2011, 10:12 PM   #133
ktblunden
Adjusting to the Life

First Name: Kevin
Trading: (6)
RA
ktblunden is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angry_Pirate View Post
Do any stores online have these for sale in singles yet?
Look for those the last week of the month when the bulk of Tatuaje retailers get their shipments. New Havana will probably have them and sell out in 5 minutes. I had good luck with Atlantic last year with the Face.
ktblunden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 10:16 PM   #134
Angry_Pirate
Traveler

First Name: J.T.
Trading: (40)
Cohiba
Angry_Pirate is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktblunden View Post
Look for those the last week of the month when the bulk of Tatuaje retailers get their shipments. New Havana will probably have them and sell out in 5 minutes. I had good luck with Atlantic last year with the Face.
Thanks, I've had luck with Atlantic on Viajes releases, so I'll check with them first.
Angry_Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 11:34 PM   #135
Louistogies
Area Fumado

First Name: Louis
Trading: (26)
Louistogies is on a distinguished road

I'm waiting on this one. You'll see them in the WTS/T section later on down the road.
Louistogies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 05:31 AM   #136
Lonely Raven

I called my local store, and both my boxes and Pete himself will be there tomorrow.
Old 10-11-2011, 10:03 AM   #137
T.G
Grrrrrr

First Name: The Other Adam
Trading: (37)
Navy (Served With Honor)
T.G has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonely Raven View Post
I called my local store, and both my boxes and Pete himself will be there tomorrow.
The real Pete Johnson?
T.G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 10:06 AM   #138
CigarGuy88
Good Cigar = Good Day

First Name: Steve
Trading: (38)
LGC
CigarGuy88 will become famous soon enoughCigarGuy88 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.G View Post
The real Pete Johnson?
Will the real Pete Johnson please stand up

Sorry I had to
CigarGuy88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 10:06 AM   #139
Lonely Raven

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.G View Post
The real Pete Johnson?
That's what they said. It's a release party with sales on all Tat (except Wolfman) and even a limited edition Dupont lighter (too rich for my blood).

I'm looking forward to getting my boxes signed.

If there are any extra boxes, I'll see if I can get some for guys here...but I'm not counting on it.
Old 10-11-2011, 10:09 AM   #140
mariogolbee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonely Raven View Post
That's what they said. It's a release party with sales on all Tat (except Wolfman) and even a limited edition Dupont lighter (too rich for my blood).

I'm looking forward to getting my boxes signed.
But when you get your box signed you must ask him if he really is Pete Johnson. There is an impostor out there who swears he's really Pete. He showed me his tattoos and everything. A darned good copy, but still a copy.