Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Accessory Discussion / Reviews

Old 11-08-2011, 06:52 AM   #1
OLS
Suck It

First Name: Brad
Trading: (19)
Bolivar AirForce (Served With Honor)
OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold
Default Congratulations to Waxing Moon Humidors

All of you interested in buying a GOOD humidor should keep an eye on the newest vendor thread
in Cigar Retailers For Profit Sales thread. Ed at Waxing Moon Wood has brought on a large staff
and will be making his great humidors at a faster clip. This will give you a chance to learn what it
took me over a decade to finally understand. Online 50 dollar humidors are 5hit and only serve to keep
your cigars dark. Their true preservative qualities are sketchy at best. You can sometimes get lucky, but
in the end you get what you pay for. I have read so many complaints from people who have hinges that
become separated from those fiber-board POSs and can't believe that the insides are actually fake wood
with a thin spanish cedar veneer. The outsides we know are fake. Anyway, take some time and inspect
the goods and save up a few bucks and get your self a TRUE humidor from one of our great wood-
workers here at the asylum...WaxingMoon, Golfnut, (Chaseden if he is still doing anything, hard to tell.)
Support your BOTLS and your American Craftsmen in these tough times. Don't support some Chinese
humidor shop shipping these fake boxes of junky fake wood that kill your cigars.
OLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 07:18 AM   #2
chaase321
ZOTL's mmmmm brainssss

First Name: Cole
Trading: (81)
Partagas
chaase321 is a jewel in the roughchaase321 is a jewel in the roughchaase321 is a jewel in the roughchaase321 is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Congratulations to Waxing Moon Humidors

Nice honest post Brad. I couldn't agree with you more about the online humi's. Once I save up enough I am looking in the Asylum first!
Old 11-08-2011, 07:29 AM   #3
mkarnold1
Skol Vikings!

First Name: Mark
Trading: (22)
RA Army (Served With Honor)
mkarnold1 will become famous soon enoughmkarnold1 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaase321 View Post
Nice honest post Brad. I couldn't agree with you more about the online humi's. Once I save up enough I am looking in the Asylum first!
+1, And being in MN, I could save on shipping and Herf with my bro after picking it up. Just need to gather the scratch and talk my wife into it. Obviously the second part of that equation is the most difficult.
Old 11-08-2011, 07:52 AM   #4
OLS
Suck It

OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold

I know some of our members are actually vendors for cheap chinese fake wood boxes, and I am not trying
to hurt their business. I just think that the product is crap, and the fact is sometimes people will take crap
in order to round out their collection of paraphenalia as cheaply as possible. A vendor has to have a well-
rounded stock of stuff,
and that usually means stocking these items for the benefit of the smoker. But I don't
think anything of them. Never had one that was worth a crap and I have had half a dozen. And again, for
a lot of smokers, it will take a year of saving or missing the latest cigar by the box a few times to arrive at
the proper fundage. But that's where the ice chest comes in. You get a small one and utilize it until you
no longer need it and then it's STILL an ice chest, it HAS a use. Of course, it will likely never hold ice, cause
people always want more cigars, lol. But a humidor in today's world is kind of a luxury. Might as well buy a
good one. Ice chests will do fine in the meantime.

Last edited by OLS; 11-08-2011 at 07:57 AM.
Old 11-08-2011, 08:46 AM   #5
kickerb

hey Brad, what kind of Waxing moon humidor do you have?
Old 11-08-2011, 09:23 AM   #6
OLS
Suck It

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickerb View Post
hey Brad, what kind of Waxing moon humidor do you have?
PM sent...or pending.
Old 11-08-2011, 09:41 AM   #7
OLS
Suck It

But yes, I do indeed have one.
Old 11-08-2011, 09:57 AM   #8
Mutombo

I love Ed's stuff. I'm definitely going to pick up a custom humi from him one of these days.