Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 10-27-2011, 11:47 AM   #21
dave
Have My Own Room

First Name: Dave
Trading: (15)
Partagas Navy (Retired)
dave is a jewel in the roughdave is a jewel in the roughdave is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Where to smoke, where NOT to smoke?

I always start from the perspective of 'outside=ok'. However, I do think I'm fairly considerate. So, it depends:
In line, generally, not so much ok.
However.....if there for hours, wind blowing a little, not nut-to-butt, other stuff being smoked, not too close to little kids/babies, etc......then....I'm probably going to have a cigar
dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 11:50 AM   #22
Zanaspus
Adjusting to the Life

First Name: Tony
Trading: (3)
Zanaspus will become famous soon enough

I look at it this way. It may be legal, it may be your "right," but the truth is that cigar smoke offends even other smokers. Heck, it kind of offends me when I'm not smoking.

But, consider this. In that crowd of people you're pissing off, there may well be a politician (I realize that's not likely in this instance, but it is in many circumstances,). Alright, there's not a politician, but maybe there's someone who's got too much time on his hands and chooses to be an anti-cigar activist.

Do we really need to make these folks mad? I mean, if smokers never smoked in public, would there be as much anti-smoking activity? Would SCHIP have happened if not for these instances? Maybe, maybe not.

The way I look at it, I'll smoke when there's no one to offend because I neither want more limited access or higher taxes.
Old 10-27-2011, 11:54 AM   #23
Blak Smyth
Think Blue!

First Name: SD
Trading: (52)
RA
Blak Smyth has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zanaspus View Post
I look at it this way. It may be legal, it may be your "right," but the truth is that cigar smoke offends even other smokers. Heck, it kind of offends me when I'm not smoking.

But, consider this. In that crowd of people you're pissing off, there may well be a politician (I realize that's not likely in this instance, but it is in many circumstances,). Alright, there's not a politician, but maybe there's someone who's got too much time on his hands and chooses to be an anti-cigar activist.

Do we really need to make these folks mad? I mean, if smokers never smoked in public, would there be as much anti-smoking activity? Would SCHIP have happened if not for these instances? Maybe, maybe not.

The way I look at it, I'll smoke when there's no one to offend because I neither want more limited access or higher taxes.
Old 10-27-2011, 11:56 AM   #24
loki
H.A.T.E

Trading: (7)
Partagas
loki will become famous soon enoughloki will become famous soon enough

Quote:

just to let you know, the sky isn't falling. schip would have been passed no matter what and you're not going to change the feelings of someone who hates smoking no matter what you do. you're just not that special
loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 01:18 PM   #25
CigarSquid
AKA Garryyjr

First Name: Garry
Trading: (39)
CigarSquid has a spectacular aura aboutCigarSquid has a spectacular aura aboutCigarSquid has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelmac07 View Post
Garry going to a Tech N9ne concert?
This is my 4th one here in Oregon. I even did a photoshoot last year during his set. Awesome!
Quote:
Originally Posted by croatan View Post

But I have to ask: why would you be standing in a line long enough to smoke a cigar going to a concert? I don't think I've ever waited more than 3-5 minutes to get into a venue.
I need to get my drink on. The venue it is held at, only sells GA tickets, Plus we won them. No way Imma pay 30 a peice for him. Seen him plenty times.

I normally wouldn't smoke by a crowd or a line. But like I stated and others have, It is a Tech N9ne, amongst all the other smells and, since it is a all ages show, All these little 'punks'... I don't see the harm in this one.
CigarSquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 01:19 PM   #26
CigarSquid
AKA Garryyjr

CigarSquid has a spectacular aura aboutCigarSquid has a spectacular aura aboutCigarSquid has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
Well...

If you see them hatas giving me mugs,
ladies giving me hugs
It ain't no rocket science it's because
.....Imma playa, Imma playa.....

Old 10-27-2011, 01:23 PM   #27
replicant_argent
Gravy Boat Winnah.

First Name: Pete
Location: my attorney has advised against giving this information to insane people
Trading: (22)
LGC
replicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to all

Quote:

I don't imagine there is a lot of "anti"-anything activity at this particular concert, much less any holier than thou activists.
Old 10-27-2011, 01:25 PM   #28
CigarSquid
AKA Garryyjr

Quote:
Originally Posted by replicant_argent View Post
I don't imagine there is a lot of "anti"-anything activity at this particular concert, much less any holier than thou activists.
Old 10-27-2011, 01:31 PM   #29
Zeuceone
You're next

First Name: G
Trading: (16)
LGC
Zeuceone has disabled reputation

Just put it in the air.. light it up, smoke it up, but don't inhale, atleast not a cigar.
Zeuceone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 01:41 PM   #30
Mikess
Still Watching My Back

Trading: (1)
Army
Mikess is on a distinguished road

Had to google who this was, sounded like a rave venue then I thought love peace ironic soft rock but I was wrong on both accounts. Check out the people around you and make a decision from the crowd.
Mikess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 03:15 PM   #31
Crownedone
Adjusting to the Life

First Name: Stephen
Trading: (0)
Crownedone is on a distinguished road

I'll smoke where I want, when I want. If I worried as much about every aspect of my life the way that some do about cigars I might as well just bubble wrap my ass and stick it in the closest.

We worry way to much about offending some with a cigar. We don't do for every thing else in our lives, and I won't do it with one of the few legal pleasures that have.
Crownedone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 03:43 PM   #32
Col. Kurtz
Have My Own Room

First Name: Jerry
Trading: (26)
RA
Col. Kurtz has a spectacular aura aboutCol. Kurtz has a spectacular aura aboutCol. Kurtz has a spectacular aura about

I will generally ask the people around me before I light up. Even outdoors in public spaces. Something along the lines of "would it bother you if I smoke?" I can't ever remember someone telling me they would rather I didn't, but if that was the response I'd gladly wait.

In fact, it is usually a good icebreaker. I hear about how they love the smell of cigar smoke and how uncle Bobby used to always smoke when they were kids....et c.

Let's face it, we're not addicts, and the last thing I want to do is inconvenience anyone with what brings me happiness. Not fun to be on the other end of that. (think of your neighbor that rides four-wheelers with gutted mufflers @ 10pm)
The last thing I want to do is come across as inconsiderate and give other cigar smokers a bad name.

All that said, if I were in a venue where most folks were stoned out of their mind and feeling no pain, I probably wouldn't bother asking.
Old 10-28-2011, 01:21 AM   #33
LigaPrivadaT84

I try to have consideration for others when I smoke; seems like the more I try - the worse looks I get though.

What if the guy next to you lights up too?
But it's not a cigar..
Old 10-28-2011, 05:15 AM   #34
Jasonw560
PhD from Sarcastic State

First Name: Jason
Trading: (0)
Jasonw560 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
Well...

If you see them hatas giving me mugs,
ladies giving me hugs
It ain't no rocket science it's because
Would you smoke one in the line?
Would you smoke one watching N9ne?
Would you smoke one in the park?
Would you smoke one after dark?
they don't like green sticks and ham,
Sam I am.

I can rap, too.
Old 10-28-2011, 08:51 AM   #35
CigarSquid
AKA Garryyjr

And, I got off work late, Had to rush, totally forgot to grab a stick... Damn. All this talk and didn't take advantage of the tailgate deal.
Old 10-28-2011, 10:49 AM   #36
Zeuceone
You're next

First Name: G
Trading: (16)
LGC
Zeuceone has disabled reputation

Don't worry there will be plenty to smoke, brother.
Zeuceone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 11:36 AM   #37
CigarSquid
AKA Garryyjr

Yes there is...