Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 09-17-2019, 03:32 AM   #3301
Stogieman
Herf King

First Name: Charlie
Trading: (0)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
Stogieman is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Re: Good morning Post and sports update

Good morning all, the coffee is on and it's looking like we have a great weather week according to NOAA here in the Hudson Valley:

https://forecast.weather.gov/MapClic...6#.XYClz6l7mi4

The Yankees are back home and are taking on the LA Angels tonight starting at 1835 (6:35 pm). They're down to the home stretch getting ready for the playoffs, time to keep the momentum going and staying healthy. Enjoy everyone........
Old 09-17-2019, 04:10 AM   #3302
The Poet
Il megglior fabbro

First Name: Thomas
Trading: (2)
The Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud of
Default Re: Good morning Post and sports update

Yanks need to clinch this week so Boonie can play the scrubs and keep the stars of the IL.
Old 09-18-2019, 03:46 AM   #3303
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)
Talking Re: Good morning Post and sports update

Good morning everyone, the coffee is on as always and it's already "Hump Day". Congrats to the Yankees as they won big time yesterday 8 - 0. These two teams will be back at this evening starting at 1835 (6:35 pm) again. Have a great day all and if time permits, smoke a favorite or two or.......
Old 09-19-2019, 03:54 AM   #3304
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all, the coffee is on and it's a little nippy out with temps around 45°F right now. Today's high will be in the lower 70°F's and as the weekend approaches, it's only getting nicer. There's no rain in sight for the next week so that's a good thing for all us sun lovers. Today being Thursday, we'll be heading over to Hudson Valley Cigars / Schlesinger's Cigar Bar this evening for a cigar or two. The Yankees lost 3 - 2 last night with an error in the 9th inning, lets go fellas and put up a "W" tonight. Enjoy everyone and I hope to see a few of the locals this evening.......
Old 09-20-2019, 03:43 AM   #3305
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning everyone, the coffee is on and it's Friday! We had a good time last night at Schlesinger's, the usual crowd was there and then some. A huge congrats to the Yankees as they clinched the AL East last night, time to keep it up fellas and stay healthy. The NASCAR racers are in Richmond, VA this weekend and Army football takes on Morgan State at noon here at West Point tomorrow. Enjoy the weekend everyone and I hope your favorite NFL team wins this Sunday.......
Old 09-23-2019, 03:43 AM   #3306
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all, the coffee has been on since 0420 as always and it's already back to work Monday. It was a quick weekend as we worked in the Emergency Operation Center 12 hours in support of the Army football game. Congrats to Army on their win over Morgan State with a final score of 52 - 21. Also, a big congrats to Martin Truex Jr. for taking the checkered flag in Saturday night's NASCAR race which was the first in the playoff round. The Yankees are rolling along with taking 2 out of 3 wins this weekend, they are off today and take on the Rays in Tampa Bay the next couple of nights. Unfortunately, the Eagles came up short yesterday 27 - 24. They'll be taking on Green Bay this Thursday evening, should be another good one. Enjoy your week everyone and be safe out there........
Old 09-24-2019, 03:47 AM   #3307
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)
Smile Re: Good morning Post and sports update

Good morning everyone, the coffee is on and it's looking like we'll have a nice Fall day according to NOAA:

https://forecast.weather.gov/MapClic...6#.XYnkGql7mi4

The Yankees are in Tampa tonight with the first pitch being thrown at 1910 (7:10 pm), keep up the momentum fellas and stay healthy. Have a great day all and enjoy a favorite or two or........
Old 09-25-2019, 03:52 AM   #3308
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all, the coffee is on as always and it's already "Hump Day". Got some yard work done last night, pulled the cucumber plants along with the basil plants. Also ripped out some old hydrangeas that were overgrown and now I have more space for next year's vegetables. I see that the Yankees came up short losing 2 - 1 in the bottom of the 12th inning. Lets go fellas and turn this around tonight with a "W". Anyway, enjoy your day everyone and remember to be safe out there.......
Old 09-26-2019, 03:53 AM   #3309
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning everyone, the coffee is on and it's Thursday. We are going to change it up a bit tonight and head over to Doc James Cigars in Shrub Oak, NY for their annual Drew Estate Oktoberfest:

https://www.facebook.com/events/341749223220480/ https://www.docjames.com/upcoming-events

I see that the Yankees lost again, lets go gentlemen and get the winning momentum rolling again. Enjoy all and hopefully we see a few of you S/BOTL tonight.......
Old 09-27-2019, 03:56 AM   #3310
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)
Talking Re: Good morning Post and sports update

Good morning all, the coffee has been on since 0420 as always and it's Friday! We had a good time at Doc James Cigars, it's always great to see Adam and the crew down there. Congrats to the Eagles on a sloppy win last night over the Packers. This is the final regular season weekend of play for the Yankees, they are down in Texas. Lets go fellas, put up a couple of "W"s and stay healthy for next weekend's ALDS playoffs. The NASCAR racers are down in North Carolina for race 2 of the their playoffs as well. There are a few Oktoberfest in the area, Beth and I are planning on hitting a couple of them during this weekend. Enjoy everyone........
Old 09-30-2019, 03:41 AM   #3311
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning everyone, the coffee is on and it's back to work Monday. We had a great weekend starting Friday with friends over and then hitting an Oktoberfest both Saturday and then yesterday. We have a busy week at work getting ready for Saturday's home football game against Tulane. Enjoy your week and smoke a favorite or two if you get the chance.......
Old 10-01-2019, 03:44 AM   #3312
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all, the coffee is on as always and very much welcomed. It's looking like we'll have a few days of rain here in the Hudson Valley starting today through Thursday. It's been dry for the past couple of weeks so a little rain ain't gonna hurt no one:

https://forecast.weather.gov/MapClic...6#.XZMeDal7mi5

Enjoy your day everyone and remember to be safe out there especially with the wet leaves on the ground........
Old 10-02-2019, 03:33 AM   #3313
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning everyone, the coffee has been on since 0420 and it's "Hump Day". I hope you all have a great day and enjoy......
Old 10-03-2019, 03:46 AM   #3314
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all, the coffee is on and it's Thursday which means we'll be back at Hudson Valley Cigars / Schlesinger's Cigar Bar this evening. What a difference a day makes with yesterday's temps in the upper 80s and today it'll barely hit the mid 50s:
Overnight - Rain likely. Cloudy, with a low around 48. Northeast wind around 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
Thursday - Periods of rain, mainly after 9am. Areas of fog after 9am. High near 54. East wind 5 to 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
Thursday Night - Periods of rain, mainly before 3am. Widespread fog before 3am. Low around 48. Calm wind becoming west around 5 mph after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
Time to pull out the Fall weather clothing and get ready for Winter as I have a feeling the warm temps are gone for now. Anyway, enjoy everyone and I hope to see a few of you local S/BOTL this evening.........
Old 10-04-2019, 03:58 AM   #3315
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning everyone, the coffee is on and it's Friday! We had a good time at Schlesinger's as always, the place was packed as a result of the cooler temps and rain. The Yankees have their first game tonight of the best of 5 ALDS playoffs. The NASCAR drivers are in Dover, DE this weekend and Army football takes on Tulane home at West Point tomorrow. I have a family wedding to attend with Beth tonight and my normal 0430 arrival to work tomorrow is delayed until 0830. The Emergency Operation Center at West Point will be fine, we have others to fill in when needed. Enjoy the weekend all and smoke a favorite or two or........
Old 10-07-2019, 03:59 AM   #3316
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all, the coffee is on and it's back to work Monday already. The weekend flew by as they say. The family wedding was great on Friday, always a good time when you have an establishment full of Wojehowski(s). Congrats to the Yankees as they won their first 2 games, unfortunately Army lost to Tulane on Saturday. Congrats as well to Kyle Larsen for taking the checkered flag in yesterday's NASCAR race and advancing to the next round of 8 in the playoffs. Lastly, two thumbs up to the Eagles for winning yesterday in Philly. Have a great week everyone and enjoy........
Old 10-08-2019, 03:55 AM   #3317
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning everyone, the coffee has been on since 0420 and it's looking like the rain is here for the next couple of days and then will clear up for the Columbus Day weekend: https://forecast.weather.gov/MapClic...6#.XZxarKl7mi6

Congrats to the Yankees as the won last night 5 - 1 and have advanced to the ALCS Playoffs: https://www.mlb.com/yankees/news/yan...e-to-2019-alcs

Enjoy all and remember to be safe out there........
Old 10-08-2019, 06:22 AM   #3318
cigarlady7

Anybody down for going to/meeting at the Army/Navy game in December? Located in PA this year...
Old 10-08-2019, 07:24 AM   #3319
Brian D.
Have My Own Room

First Name: Brian
Trading: (1)
Brian D. is a glorious beacon of lightBrian D. is a glorious beacon of lightBrian D. is a glorious beacon of lightBrian D. is a glorious beacon of lightBrian D. is a glorious beacon of light

Columbus Day weekend? I forgot that was ever a holiday. It sure isn't paid attention to around here any longer.
Old 10-09-2019, 03:58 AM   #3320
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all, the coffee is on and it's already "Hump Day". I see that the Tampa Bay Rays won last night and forced a game 5 with Houston last night, they'll play tomorrow evening to see who will play the Yankees Saturday in a best of 7 ALCS playoff series. Enjoy everyone and try to stay dry on this raining Wednesday........