Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Accessory Discussion / Reviews

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-02-2016, 12:01 PM   #1
dmiller662
Just in from the Storm

Trading: (0)
RyJ
dmiller662 is on a distinguished road
Default Aristocrat Cabinet Humidor, will be going....

Just throwing this up there for now, for those who may be looking for a nice Aristocrat Humidor in the future..

This one is a nice cab. made by Bob over at Aristocrat... very nice with Burlwood inserts

I am in the discussions with Bob now to design and build a InWall unit for a addition I am remodeling in my house..

Once that is decided and deposit is down, the build will begin, and as anyone familiar with these units over at Aristocrat, its a 2-4 month wait time..

What we are trying to come up with and accomplish at this time, is a unit the is both T and H. The humidity is no problem at all. The Temp. though is another story...

while you needed vented at the back for the TEH, I don't want a fan popping into my Kitchen area, lol...

At the thinnest it looks like, I will need a total 18" depth.. We can use a remote PS under the bottom or top to the TEC, but still have to evacuate heat buildup from TEC..

I am a dealer for both MidAtlantic, and Cool Components, so my thought and I relayed to Bob, was air in at bottom with a cab. cooler, and evac. to the attic, for air movement .... Bob had brought up a good point of taking air out of the room, passing it over the fans, etc. then venting into attic, sounded fine and would work, but then you are moving air out of room, and not replacing.

Then I thought of pulling in air from bottom on unit through use of coolcomps cab. cooler, and exhausting from top, therefore keeping air in the room. This done all through a channel area...

Any thoughts from you guys out there?

Also, I wont be using the Central AC in the room, I will be installing a split unit for that room only, as I will be opening patio doors, etc. at times.... I just don't think I can do the new inwall humidor without a TEC, as I want to maintain a stable temp...
dmiller662 is offline   Reply With Quote