Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-02-2019, 09:29 PM   #1
The camaro show
Adjusting to the Life
 
The camaro show's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
First Name: Chayse
Location: West Virginia
Posts: 261
Trading: (1)
VR
The camaro show is on a distinguished road
Default My girlfriend of 3 years broke up with me because of cigars

I had a very bad day today. My girlfriend of 3 years broke up with me today. So she is very anti tobacco and treats cigars like cigarettes which we all know how different they are on here. She always said she wouldn’t kiss me if I smoked and today she found my stash in my room and totally went off. She was like I told you to never smoke and what are these and how long have you been smoking and I said about 7 months and she was like well you should have told me when you started and not hid them from me. Then broke up me. We were the perfect couple.
The camaro show is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2019, 10:26 PM   #2
gomeitsmybday
Adjusting to the Life
 
gomeitsmybday's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
First Name: Michael
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Posts: 444
Trading: (4)
Bolivar
gomeitsmybday will become famous soon enough
Unhappy Re: My girlfriend of 3 years broke up with me because of cigars

Sorry to hear that Chayse...it's never any fun to go through a break up, regardless of which side you are on.
I have to say though, (Based solely on what you've written here...) that if this was enough for her to want to break up, then maybe it's for the best? There are a lot more serious things to disagree on in a relationship than cigars after all...
Definitely wasn't good that you hid it from her though, it's been my experience that when I've hidden things in a relationship, it's never (evereverever) ended well.
If I could offer any advice, it would be to try to find a girl that you can be as honest and open with about cigars, etc as possible. Besides, there are plenty of women out there that are okay with cigars as well as some who are enthusiasts themselves!!
But yeah man keep your head up, as I recall, you are still a young dude so you have plenty of time to look for a more cigar tolerant relationship!

Last edited by gomeitsmybday; 05-02-2019 at 10:27 PM. Reason: Are, not ate...major typo.
gomeitsmybday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 07:36 AM   #3
Tio Gato
Uncle Kitty
 
Tio Gato's Avatar
9
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
First Name: Jeff
Location: Corner stool in a raw bar
Posts: 1,892
Trading: (11)
Partagas
Tio Gato is a jewel in the roughTio Gato is a jewel in the roughTio Gato is a jewel in the roughTio Gato is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: My girlfriend of 3 years broke up with me because of cigars

Chayse, someday you'll look back at this and be happy it occurred. You'll find a better girl and live happy everafter. Trust me.
__________________
"You stink like cigars Uncle Kitty!" Said my Boo age 3.
"Kid, take care of your family and the hell with anyone else" My Grandpa Bubba.
Tio Gato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 07:49 AM   #4
dijit
Have My Own Room
 
dijit's Avatar
5
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
First Name: Mike
Location: Brownsburg, Indiana
Posts: 2,156
Trading: (47)
Montecristo AirForce (Served With Honor)
dijit is just really nicedijit is just really nicedijit is just really nicedijit is just really nice
Default Re: My girlfriend of 3 years broke up with me because of cigars

First I would have to agree if its just over the tobacco there are much greater problems you will face as a couple. If instead it is over the hiding of the cigars, in a woman's eyes/mind that is a treasonous offense.

*

That being said always remember the old adage "if you love something, set it free." If you were the perfect couple, let her know you are there and the rest will take care of itself.
__________________
Sporting goods raffle for a great cause. PM me for tickets.
dijit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 08:01 AM   #5
T.G
Colonel Dickhole, esq.
 
T.G's Avatar
15
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
First Name: The Other Adam
Posts: 14,944
Trading: (37)
Navy (Served With Honor)
T.G has disabled reputation
Default Re: My girlfriend of 3 years broke up with me because of cigars

Quote:
Originally Posted by The camaro show View Post
I We were the perfect couple.
No you were not.

If that was how it was going to go down, then it's better it ended now than a few years down the road.
T.G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 08:23 AM   #6
mosesbotbol
That's a Corgi
 
mosesbotbol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
First Name: Moses
Location: Boston
Posts: 5,836
Trading: (6)
Punch
mosesbotbol has a spectacular aura aboutmosesbotbol has a spectacular aura aboutmosesbotbol has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: My girlfriend of 3 years broke up with me because of cigars

Imagine if you're dealing with kids and mortgage. Hang in there and you'll find a girl more willing to accept your habits.

When I was single and looking, I'd mention cigars right away to make sure it would not be an issue later on.
__________________
Port Wine & Claret | British Cars | Welsh Corgi's

Last edited by mosesbotbol; 05-03-2019 at 08:33 AM.
mosesbotbol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 09:43 AM   #7
The Poet
Il megglior fabbro
 
The Poet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
First Name: Thomas
Location: Hickory, NC
Posts: 7,704
Trading: (2)
The Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud of
Default Re: My girlfriend of 3 years broke up with me because of cigars

Rudyard Kipling
The Betrothed

"You must choose between me and your cigar."
-- BREACH OF PROMISE CASE, CIRCA 1885.



Open the old cigar-box, get me a Cuba stout,
For things are running crossways, and Maggie and I are out.

We quarrelled about Havanas -- we fought o'er a good cheroot,
And I knew she is exacting, and she says I am a brute.

Open the old cigar-box -- let me consider a space;
In the soft blue veil of the vapour musing on Maggie's face.

Maggie is pretty to look at -- Maggie's a loving lass,
But the prettiest cheeks must wrinkle, the truest of loves must pass.

There's peace in a Larranaga, there's calm in a Henry Clay;
But the best cigar in an hour is finished and thrown away --

Thrown away for another as perfect and ripe and brown --
But I could not throw away Maggie for fear o' the talk o' the town!

Maggie, my wife at fifty -- grey and dour and old --
With never another Maggie to purchase for love or gold!

And the light of Days that have Been the dark of the Days that Are,
And Love's torch stinking and stale, like the butt of a dead cigar --

The butt of a dead cigar you are bound to keep in your pocket --
With never a new one to light tho' it's charred and black to the socket!

Open the old cigar-box -- let me consider a while.
Here is a mild Manila -- there is a wifely smile.

Which is the better portion -- bondage bought with a ring,
Or a harem of dusky beauties, fifty tied in a string?

Counsellors cunning and silent -- comforters true and tried,
And never a one of the fifty to sneer at a rival bride?

Thought in the early morning, solace in time of woes,
Peace in the hush of the twilight, balm ere my eyelids close,

This will the fifty give me, asking nought in return,
With only a Suttee's passion -- to do their duty and burn.

This will the fifty give me. When they are spent and dead,
Five times other fifties shall be my servants instead.

The furrows of far-off Java, the isles of the Spanish Main,
When they hear my harem is empty will send me my brides again.

I will take no heed to their raiment, nor food for their mouths withal,
So long as the gulls are nesting, so long as the showers fall.

I will scent 'em with best vanilla, with tea will I temper their hides,
And the Moor and the Mormon shall envy who read of the tale of my brides.

For Maggie has written a letter to give me my choice between
The wee little whimpering Love and the great god Nick o' Teen.

And I have been servant of Love for barely a twelvemonth clear,
But I have been Priest of Cabanas a matter of seven year;

And the gloom of my bachelor days is flecked with the cheery light
Of stumps that I burned to Friendship and Pleasure and Work and Fight.

And I turn my eyes to the future that Maggie and I must prove,
But the only light on the marshes is the Will-o'-the-Wisp of Love.

Will it see me safe through my journey or leave me bogged in the mire?
Since a puff of tobacco can cloud it, shall I follow the fitful fire?

Open the old cigar-box -- let me consider anew --
Old friends, and who is Maggie that I should abandon you?

A million surplus Maggies are willing to bear the yoke;
And a woman is only a woman, but a good Cigar is a Smoke.

Light me another Cuba -- I hold to my first-sworn vows.
If Maggie will have no rival, I'll have no Maggie for Spouse!
__________________
Ninety percent of everything is crap - Theodore Sturgeon.
The Poet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 10:26 AM   #8
G G
BR549
 
G G's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
First Name: Greg
Location: Taylor, FL.
Posts: 12,416
Trading: (10)
Bolivar
G G has much to be proud ofG G has much to be proud ofG G has much to be proud ofG G has much to be proud ofG G has much to be proud ofG G has much to be proud ofG G has much to be proud ofG G has much to be proud ofG G has much to be proud ofG G has much to be proud of
Default Re: My girlfriend of 3 years broke up with me because of cigars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tio Gato View Post
Chayse, someday you'll look back at this and be happy it occurred. You'll find a better girl and live happy everafter. Trust me.
I don't know how old Uncle Kitty is, but he is wise and 100% correct.
__________________

I did not!
G G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 12:10 PM   #9
CigarNut
Really?
 
CigarNut's Avatar
15
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
First Name: Michael
Location: Clermont, Florida
Posts: 17,234
Trading: (111)
RA
CigarNut has disabled reputation
Default Re: My girlfriend of 3 years broke up with me because of cigars



Break-ups are hard, but I think this one is best for both of you. Hang in there!
__________________
Need Beads? Need Five Finger Bags?

2 of 3 Requirements for use of the CA Rolodex: 100 posts/ 60 day membership/ participation in trade (trader rating). New members can be added at any time.
CigarNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 12:33 PM   #10
dave
Have My Own Room
 
dave's Avatar
5
 
Join Date: May 2011
First Name: Dave
Location: Northern VA
Posts: 1,180
Trading: (15)
Partagas Navy (Retired)
dave is a jewel in the roughdave is a jewel in the roughdave is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: My girlfriend of 3 years broke up with me because of cigars

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.G View Post
No you were not.

If that was how it was going to go down, then it's better it ended now than a few years down the road.
Exactly what I was going to wrote. T.G. is also wise.

I'm curious, though about a couple things..
1. It sounds as though you were making an effort to hide it from her. Still, good riddance, but maybe more than just a controlling witch and cigars going on here.
2. If you HAD told her you smoke cigars, what do you think she'd have said? If your next x gives you an ultimatum about cigars....or any other legal (or ethical?) pastime....run.
__________________
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it. Thomas Jefferson
dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 01:10 PM   #11
Weelok
I'm nuts for the place
 
Weelok's Avatar
7
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
First Name: Dave
Location: Reno, NV
Posts: 3,092
Trading: (16)
RA
Weelok will become famous soon enough
Default Re: My girlfriend of 3 years broke up with me because of cigars

Sucks man. Ditto to what everyone else said with the one addition of a woman needs to allow a man his vices. This gives a woman and man something to complain about that should be minor compared to the stresses of life. Man caves a a real psychological need and if a man can’t get that alone time, then relationship problems will happen.

As much as I hate to credit “Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus”, the author was correct despite being a simpering schmuck who eventually cheated on his wife.

She seems a little high strung to me and she treats your cigars like you banged her best friend. I’m curious what she would consider worst?
__________________
Drink, pray, smoke, and work out.
Weelok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 02:29 PM   #12
Porch Dweller
Life is for living
 
Porch Dweller's Avatar
10
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
First Name: James
Location: Mississippi Gulf Coast
Posts: 5,910
Trading: (24)
Bolivar AirForce (Retired)
Porch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: My girlfriend of 3 years broke up with me because of cigars

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.G View Post
No you were not.

If that was how it was going to go down, then it's better it ended now than a few years down the road.
__________________
A 1911 in the hand is faster than 911 on the phone
Porch Dweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 08:20 PM   #13
borndead1
Ayatollah of Rock n Rolla
 
borndead1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
First Name: Mark
Location: Lancaster, CA
Posts: 1,124
Trading: (6)
Partagas
borndead1 will become famous soon enoughborndead1 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: My girlfriend of 3 years broke up with me because of cigars

If it hadn't been cigars, it would have been something else. She was looking for a reason/excuse to dump you. Sometime in the future, maybe soon, maybe years from now, she may try to reconnect with you and 'try again'. Don't fall for it.
__________________
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
borndead1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 09:38 PM   #14
Scottw
Going Commando
 
Scottw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
First Name: Scott
Location: Sussex, NJ
Posts: 2,797
Trading: (5)
Bolivar
Scottw has a spectacular aura aboutScottw has a spectacular aura aboutScottw has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: My girlfriend of 3 years broke up with me because of cigars

Quote:
Originally Posted by borndead1 View Post
If it hadn't been cigars, it would have been something else. She was looking for a reason/excuse to dump you. Sometime in the future, maybe soon, maybe years from now, she may try to reconnect with you and 'try again'. Don't fall for it.
__________________
"Ray when someone asks you if your a GOD you say yes."
Scottw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 10:53 PM   #15
The camaro show
Adjusting to the Life
 
The camaro show's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
First Name: Chayse
Location: West Virginia
Posts: 261
Trading: (1)
VR
The camaro show is on a distinguished road
Default Re: My girlfriend of 3 years broke up with me because of cigars

Thanks everyone for the advice. I agree with you guys there may be something more to this she has a few new friends that I don’t know how much I like and trust so maybe something there. I don’t smoke many Cubans often because I don’t come by many but last night I had a hoyo #5 and it was a great well needed smoke to blow some steam.
The camaro show is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2019, 05:36 PM   #16
Subvet642
Bilge Rat
 
Subvet642's Avatar
1
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
First Name: Darren
Location: Torpedo Room Bilge
Posts: 2,989
Trading: (13)
LFdC Navy (Served With Honor)
Subvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to all
Default Re: My girlfriend of 3 years broke up with me because of cigars

Everybody here is 100% right. She sounds more like "She who must be obeyed" than an equal partner, and, like Stevie Nicks sang: "Rulers make bad lovers".


BTW, props to The Poet for the Kipling.
__________________
"Man's mind is his basic tool of survival. Life is given to him, survival is not." -John Galt
Subvet642 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 07:51 AM   #17
hotreds
Ephesians 2:8
 
hotreds's Avatar
12
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: 5 miles past "Resume Speed"
Posts: 11,544
Trading: (63)
Bolivar
hotreds has disabled reputation
Default Re: My girlfriend of 3 years broke up with me because of cigars

Better now than after marriage! Certainly painful at the moment, but certainly for the best, too.
__________________
God loves you so much, that he made you read this, just to let you know.
hotreds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 10:56 AM   #18
The camaro show
Adjusting to the Life
 
The camaro show's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
First Name: Chayse
Location: West Virginia
Posts: 261
Trading: (1)
VR
The camaro show is on a distinguished road
Default Re: My girlfriend of 3 years broke up with me because of cigars

I agree with that above. I like my toys and money.
The camaro show is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 11:41 AM   #19
T.G
Colonel Dickhole, esq.
 
T.G's Avatar
15
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
First Name: The Other Adam
Posts: 14,944
Trading: (37)
Navy (Served With Honor)
T.G has disabled reputation
Default Re: My girlfriend of 3 years broke up with me because of cigars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subvet642 View Post

BTW, props to The Poet for the Kipling.
I was going to go with THIS, but it looks like TCS got over it pretty quick.
T.G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 01:21 PM   #20
SMOKING CAMPER
Still Watching My Back
 
SMOKING CAMPER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
First Name: Ricardo
Location: Southern California
Posts: 52
Trading: (0)
SMOKING CAMPER is on a distinguished road
Default Re: My girlfriend of 3 years broke up with me because of cigars

Sorry to here that, the best remedy if I may is to get a CABINET. Then keep it loaded with everything you enjoy smoking. That way when you get your next girl she knows exactly who you are & what you like.
__________________
I also collect Vintage Coleman Lanterns & Stoves...
SMOKING CAMPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:37 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All content is copyrighted jointly by Cigar Asylum and the content provider.