Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 05-09-2011, 06:47 PM   #1
Stevez
Adjusting to the Life

First Name: Steve
Trading: (7)
HUpmann
Stevez will become famous soon enough
Default Gotta lose some weight NOW!

Da#$%#$mn. Just looked at a photo of me from a Derby Party at our house this weekend. Made me sick to my stomach. I knew I had gained weight lately, but the picture just sent it home. I have got to follow one of these exercise threads here and try and keep up. I have to do something or I'll be diabetic very soon and I am clearly killing myself with this weight. Just had to get it off my chest. Steve
Stevez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 06:51 PM   #2
xlc12rf
Still Watching My Back

First Name: Jay
Trading: (3)
xlc12rf is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Gotta lose some weight NOW!

Do you exercise at all right now? I find when I start exercising, I also eat healthier. If I skip a few days, I'm more apt to eat junk.
xlc12rf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 07:10 PM   #3
Stevez
Adjusting to the Life

First Name: Steve
Trading: (7)
HUpmann
Stevez will become famous soon enough

I do, but I'm just not consistent. I walk on the treadmill 2 - 3 times per week and lift weights pretty hard. But, I've been much less consistent the last year and it shows, plus my sweet tooth has gone crazy. I do notice I eat better when I work out as it is an incentive not to waste what I just gained by working out. Trying to get back to being a good habit like I was 3 years ago where I couldn't fathom missing working out hard at least 4, usually 5, days a week. Trying to get that motivation again.
Stevez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 08:29 PM   #4
Fordman4ever
Redneck driving a ricer!!

First Name: Earl
Trading: (26)
HUpmann AirForce (Active)
Fordman4ever is a jewel in the roughFordman4ever is a jewel in the roughFordman4ever is a jewel in the roughFordman4ever is a jewel in the rough

If you're lifting pretty hard, try lifting right before meal time and drink a protein shake before you eat. you'll eat less and stay full longer.
Fordman4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 09:02 PM   #5
Eleven
Solid As The Sun

First Name: Scott
Trading: (23)
Eleven has a spectacular aura aboutEleven has a spectacular aura aboutEleven has a spectacular aura about

I am the worst person in the world for watching what I eat and working out. A couple months ago a friend showed me "MyFitnessPal", a free app for the Droid/iPhone/Blackberry.

From there it was easy to track what I ate, it was even fun. Now it's a commitment for me and I stick to my daily intake and I have lost 15 pounds in these 2 months pretty much just doing that.

Now I am starting to look at exercising, another friend told me to get "Jackie Warners Power Circuit Training 5"...it's a 10 dollar DVD and it's simple, easy stuff you can do virtually anywhere.

Good luck to you! I just threw my 2 cents in there for a couple options and easy ways to get started. I'm still 15-20 pounds from where I want to be, not to mention I am way out of shape, hopefully in a couple more months I will be where I want, I hope you are too!

CA: putting the 'man' in bromance since 2008! --markem.
Eleven is offline   Reply With Quote