Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Old 03-17-2009, 03:46 PM   #1
michael88n
Finger Sniffer

First Name: Michael
Trading: (3)
Punch Army (Retired)
michael88n is on a distinguished road
Default Joyas de Panama – Robusto

I wish I could remember who gave me this cigar. Great smoke! A Panamanian puro.

I grabbed a bottle of water, headed out to my after work sanctuary, and settled down to enjoy my cigar. Right out of the cello it had a nice earthy smell. Very natural.

I punched the cap and thought I didn’t get a good draw, so I clipped the end. Good draw. I wish I had a torch; but due to our location, they are hard to get, and uhhhh ‘difficult’ to ship. So I got my Zippo and started to toast the cap with the heat-and-purge method that I have adopted. And then my Zippo apparently ran out of fluid. So I had to go find a smoker and use his bic.

Anyway (back to my story), right away there was a lot of spice and earth flavors. It had a good medium-ish flavor that really kept my attention. And lots of thick smoke. It was a tad windy, but the smoke was blowing right into a light on a corner of a building and I could watch it drift away.

I would have paid more attention, but at that point my buddy Mike stopped by and we sat around and we were talking about work stuff for a while, so my mind wasn’t 100% on the smoke. The construction was good, the ash held on for about an inch at a time, and the burn was great.

At the half-way mark the cigar picked up in intensity. It got more spicy and my mouth and nose started tingling. I didn’t have a very big dinner and had a little buzz going on. I was totally digging it, but nothing good lasts forever… like this cigar. It did last me 50 minutes and I loved it.

I would definitely smoke this one again. Check it out if you get a chance.

Cheers,
Michael

… and that is my ninth review.
michael88n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 03:45 PM   #2
michael88n
Finger Sniffer

First Name: Michael
Trading: (3)
Punch Army (Retired)
michael88n is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Joyas de Panama – Robusto

This cigar came from a sampler from Eric at Kioki Cigars.
Thank you, Eric. Good smoke.
Michael
michael88n is offline   Reply With Quote