Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 10-14-2008, 11:51 PM   #1
SvilleKid
Yes I am a Pirate

Trading: (52)
SvilleKid has disabled reputation
Default How do I request friendship

OK, so I'm an old fart that is just barely computer literate. That said, I need some guidance.

Did not do this elsewhere because I could not figure it out, maybe I'll turn over a new leaf.

When someone request to be My friend, I get a notification, and I easily figured out how to accept them. But, if I want to be someone's friend, how do I request that? Under the friends area, I put in a name and hit what I perceived to be the button to request friendship. That name then popped up on MY friends list! Did it also send a request to the member to accept my request?

Or is this done somewhere else and I'm too feeble to recognize the link/icon/button...... You know one of those darn computer things..

Thanks in advance
Old 10-14-2008, 11:59 PM   #2
poker
1:11

First Name: Kelly
Trading: (7)
Cohiba
poker has disabled reputation
Default Re: How do I request friendship

Quote:
Originally Posted by SvilleKid View Post
OK, so I'm an old fart that is just barely computer literate. That said, I need some guidance.

Did not do this elsewhere because I could not figure it out, maybe I'll turn over a new leaf.

When someone request to be My friend, I get a notification, and I easily figured out how to accept them. But, if I want to be someone's friend, how do I request that? Under the friends area, I put in a name and hit what I perceived to be the button to request friendship. That name then popped up on MY friends list! Did it also send a request to the member to accept my request?

yes

Or is this done somewhere else and I'm too feeble to recognize the link/icon/button...... You know one of those darn computer things..

Thanks in advance

hope that helps!

Cigar Asylum: A cigar board birthed without agendas, without profiting, and without advertisements. Amor puro

Character is what you do when no one is watching
poker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 12:07 AM   #3
SvilleKid
Yes I am a Pirate

Trading: (52)
SvilleKid has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by poker View Post
hope that helps!
Yep. I now see that there is a lightly colored message saying that I am waiting for a response to my request. Might have missed that before!!

Another question:

If someone request that I be their friend, and I accept, am I automatically added to their list as a friend, or do I have to send a return request to be their friend? (Is this question clear?)
Old 10-15-2008, 12:09 AM   #4
JKim

Quote:
Originally Posted by SvilleKid View Post
If someone request that I be their friend, and I accept, am I automatically added to their list as a friend, or do I have to send a return request to be their friend? (Is this question clear?)
As I understand it, when you accept someone's friendship, that little gray message stating 'awaiting confirmation' or whatever it is along those lines disappears automagically!

So yes, you are on their list then as a friend.
Old 10-15-2008, 08:46 AM   #5
Mugen910
I <3 Huy

First Name: Location
Trading: (106)
HUpmann MarineCorps (Served With Honor)
Mugen910 has disabled reputation

No worries Cliff...just tell them to request you!
Mugen910 is offline   Reply With Quote