Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Old 08-07-2011, 03:58 PM   #1
pgagnon

Default Padilla Achilles Salomon

4 days ago, I smoked yet another salomon of the Padilla brand. During the last week of July, I’ve smoked a Signature 1932 and a Miami. All these sticks, as well as a Padilla series 68 were part of a simpler I bought from a BotL of Cigar Asylum. In a couple of minutes, as I’ll finish this “critique” I shall smoke that last one. Now let’s get down to business shall we?

As I took out the Achilles from my coolidor, the first thing I saw was those huge veins disfiguring it. I swear the cigar look like a … well something with huge veins along it. The wrapper was “huileux”, go figure, and smelled of freshly mown lawn and faint grounded pepper. The cigar felt tight but strangely enough, I could pull from it very pleasantly. Pre-light had a grassy taste to it. Now, as I took my first “bouffée” of the newly lit Achilles, I was totally assaulted by pepper. It stayed on the far back of my “palais” for the firsts few puffs and then it was gone. The nipple (Cachez ce sein que je ne saurais voir.) also revealed some hints of “vanille”. During all the first “tiers”, I could also lick leather from the back of my teeth, which was very pleasant. The stogie’s smoke also had a very rich tobak smell to it. As I sailed the first two inches the cigar developed a delicious “noix grilles” flavor. On the down side, I had to correct the burn during that time.

While I attacked the second “tiers” the leather became more present and a tad bitter. Fortunately for me, the bitterness quickly faded to be replaced with more nuts. The cigar then became very constant in its flavors and for a stick of that length, very boring. The burn stayed uneven and I was saddened by it because the ashes were quite strong.

All in all it’s just another salomon (you thought I’d say brick right!) from Padilla. Don’t mistake me, it is a good smoke but for the investment that these cigars demand (very time consuming) I’d rather enjoy the 1932 or a Miami. As for the ’68 we shall see in a couple of minutes!

Thanks again for reading me.
Old 08-09-2011, 08:54 AM   #2
gbum
Feeling at Home

First Name: Asyraf
Trading: (0)
Partagas
gbum is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Padilla Achilles Salomon

no picture?

me sad..
Old 08-10-2011, 02:16 PM   #3
Skywalker
BABOTL

First Name: Dice
Trading: (18)
Partagas
Skywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud of

Dang! I didn't know you didn't like these!

I should have read this first!

We'll guess what! You're getting another one!!!

Smoke what you like!!!
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 02:21 PM   #4
Tyler

Should have used the force Luke!
Old 08-10-2011, 02:27 PM   #5
WittyUserName
WOOOHOOO

First Name: Adam
Trading: (15)
WittyUserName has a spectacular aura aboutWittyUserName has a spectacular aura about

Great Review!! cannot wait to hear the result of the last one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywalker View Post
Dang! I didn't know you didn't like these!

I should have read this first!

We'll guess what! You're getting another one!!!
^^^ lol
WittyUserName is offline   Reply With Quote