Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 04-05-2010, 06:38 PM   #1
dbradley
Just in from the Storm

First Name: Brad
Trading: (0)
Bolivar
dbradley is on a distinguished road
Default Great BOTL - Mark

I wanted to give some major props to one of our brothers here.

About 3-4 years ago I lured one of my buddies to the slope and watched him tumble out of control - Mark aka BostonMark. He's one of my best friends and he's really been taking care of me lately.

Until last spring I was pretty set with my smokes buying some every week or so. I would get a few good smokes for myself and lots of introductory smokes for a weekly herf I would do with several first timers and casual smokers.

Then in May I had to move for a new job and since then I've been carrying two mortgages since my old house still hasn't sold. So money's been tight and unfortunately my cigar budget is gone (at least until I sell my house then I'm going to go crazy again.)

Luckily, my move put me in the same town as Mark. What a blessing! We quickly decided to do a mini-herf on Thursday nights and I assumed I would just be smoking what was left of my stash (mostly the cheaper cigars I bought to hand out).

Well I was wrong.

Since we started herfing in september Mark brings me one or two great sticks every week. He's probably gifted like 30-40 really good smokes. Though I haven't bought hardly any new cigars I'm still getting to try these great new sticks that are coming out- like the Cain, Illusion, etc... as well as great old ones like the Padron Annis that I love!

The amazing part is that I'm strapped for cash but he's a college student and I'm pretty sure he only makes like $9 a week. He is super generous and a great representation of the brotherhood (and sisterhood) that is found in this community!
dbradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 07:18 PM   #2
bigswol2
Feeling at Home

Trading: (7)
bigswol2 will become famous soon enoughbigswol2 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Great BOTL - Mark

Mark is the man! I met this young man a few summers ago and he is truly a great BOTL!
bigswol2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 07:31 PM   #3
Bax
C A P S...CAPS CAPS CAPS!

First Name: Tim
Trading: (70)
Partagas
Bax is a jewel in the roughBax is a jewel in the roughBax is a jewel in the rough

That's a great BOTL right there
Old 04-05-2010, 07:40 PM   #4
macsauce13
Have My Own Room

First Name: McKenzie
Trading: (38)
macsauce13 has a spectacular aura aboutmacsauce13 has a spectacular aura about

Thats really great to hear....I think Mark should receive some over head missiles in honor of his generosity... Anyone?
macsauce13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 10:07 PM   #5
MTBAlex

wow. that is an awesome story. While I don't have too many sticks, I would be in to send Mark a couple of sticks. It's stories like these that makes you glad to be part of the community.

If someone wants to coordinate, or send me his contact info, i'll send a few sticks over.
Old 04-05-2010, 10:26 PM   #6
brigey57
Smoke me if you can...

First Name: Bri
Trading: (0)
Montecristo
brigey57 is on a distinguished road
Talking Re: Great BOTL - Mark

Mark has been a great representative of the fellowship we all have with the BOTL. Mark has always gone out of his way to show his hospitality and friendship. I can't say enough nice things about Mark.

Remember your friends when times are tough because they will not always be that way. Pay it Forward when you can and best wishes to you Brad with both of your mortgages. I'm in the same spot but at least I'm able to rent the other unit out.

Thank you for your post.

Old 04-06-2010, 10:05 AM   #7
KenyanSandBoa
The Nightman Cometh...

First Name: Jim
Trading: (74)
Trinidad
KenyanSandBoa is a jewel in the roughKenyanSandBoa is a jewel in the roughKenyanSandBoa is a jewel in the rough

That's awesome...a true BOTL!!
Old 04-06-2010, 10:11 AM   #8
issues
Have My Own Room

First Name: Tony
Trading: (8)
VR
issues is a jewel in the roughissues is a jewel in the roughissues is a jewel in the rough

Good on ya Mark!

Another great BOTL, thanks for sharing the story Brad.
issues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 10:52 AM   #9
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute

True brotherhood of the leaf right there.
Old 04-06-2010, 05:46 PM   #10
MTB996
Adjusting to the Life

Trading: (1)
Partagas
MTB996 is on a distinguished road

Mark is cool. Met him a few times (first time at Bigs place) and he is a great BOTL.
MTB996 is offline   Reply With Quote