Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Accessory Discussion / Reviews

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-09-2013, 02:38 PM   #1
The Mans Man
Just in from the Storm

Trading: (0)
The Mans Man is on a distinguished road
Talking Cigar oasis Super mod with gel beads

I just made a really nice modification to my cigar oasis humidifier and I thought it would be appreciated to share my new set up with everyone as i put a little frankinstine twist on it.

So my number one concern has always been humidity and temperature, living up here in cold Canada, Alberta to be exact it is a challenge to balance both and with my collection ranging from $150 cigars to the basic robusto It was always such a pain to balance my humidor of about 200 until I bought the cigar oasis which I feel is the number one humidifier on the market with two years running trouble free.

The problem I had was the replacement cartridge, a real pain having to order so I decided to just replace the foam by popping open the cartridges. Very simple just use a sharp thin and short knife on each end and gently apply pressure. I went and bought the wet foam and was just getting ready to open the package to cut it into pieces when I noticed the warning on the side
(known to cause CANCER)

So I did a little research and yes, this is bad news fellas I wouldn't attempt dealing with it. Some bad cancer causing agents and I just probably coated my cigars with it for the past two years, chemicals like fromeldahyde that are in the foam. I threw the block in the garbage and then went and bought the gel beads, soaked them in ciguardian solution which is regulated at 70 degrees then dumped it into the cartridges and used a little scotch tape to seal it back up.

The gel beads are non toxic and it's been a month or more and I haven't had to do a single thing other than open my humidor to let my golden Cuban Cohiba collection breath once a week ! I feel much better about this resolution let's face it the cigars them selves are loaded full of cancer causing agents, why add to it ? Plus from what I heard in my research on these gel beads I read the young ins are soaking them in alcohol and eating them (funny) so I guess I guy can soak them in a nice hennasy scotch and catch an extra kick while burnin a stick..

Just my 2.0
The Mans Man is offline   Reply With Quote