Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Sports

Old 01-23-2011, 06:02 PM   #401
TonySmith
Feeling at Home

Trading: (1)
AirForce
TonySmith has disabled reputation
Default Re: J! E! T! S! Jets! Jets! Jets!

you guys got a plan B?
TonySmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 06:40 PM   #402
TonySmith
Feeling at Home

AirForce

Nice pass play
Old 01-23-2011, 06:41 PM   #403
longknocker
Postwhore

First Name: Greg
Trading: (82)
Cohiba
longknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonySmith View Post
Nice pass play
At Least It Should Be An Interesting 2nd Half!
longknocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 06:44 PM   #404
TonySmith
Feeling at Home

AirForce

Quote:
Originally Posted by longknocker View Post
At Least It Should Be An Interesting 2nd Half!
Yeah, It looks like Jets have made a few adjustments
Old 01-23-2011, 09:09 PM   #405
elderboy02
Lets Go Buckeyes!

First Name: Dan
Trading: (133)
Bolivar
elderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud of

I swear, the Jets clock management is as bad as the Bengals. I mean seriously, why waste so much time in the 2nd half?
elderboy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 09:58 PM   #406
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

Tough loss, guys. I gotta hand it to the Jets, they made it a game in the second half.
Old 01-23-2011, 10:01 PM   #407
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwerty1500 View Post
They wanted to show off their defense for 27 minutes.
Lolzers.
Old 01-23-2011, 10:52 PM   #408
ujponds
Homer Joe

First Name: Mark
Trading: (2)
Bolivar
ujponds is on a distinguished road

The Steelers wanted it more, have to give them credit. The Jets came out flat (especially the run defense) in the first half. They made it a game in the second half and at least made this crazy season respectable.

Greg has to be pissed at how well Sanchez played! If there is one thing to take from this game: The Jets have their QB

Poor game management.... Shotty has to go!!!!

I still feel I can hold my head high being a Jets fan!
ujponds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 05:10 AM   #409
elderboy02
Lets Go Buckeyes!

Bolivar
elderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by ujponds View Post
That would be nice if you got your wish. The Bengals offensive coordinator has to go.

I thought Shottenheimer called a good game, he just needed to get the plays in quicker.
Old 01-24-2011, 06:54 AM   #410
ujponds
Homer Joe

Bolivar

Quote:
Originally Posted by elderboy02 View Post
That would be nice if you got your wish. The Bengals offensive coordinator has to go.

I thought Shottenheimer called a good game, he just needed to get the plays in quicker.
Those pass plays on the goalline were just Bad! Greene was running well on that drive and Shotty takes him out and trys to pass it two plays in a row from the one! They could punched it in!
Old 01-24-2011, 06:58 AM   #411
elderboy02
Lets Go Buckeyes!

Bolivar

Quote:
Those pass plays on the goalline were just Bad! Greene was running well on that drive and Shotty takes him out and trys to pass it two plays in a row from the one! They could punched it in!
I agree with you on that. Phil Sims (who I can't stand, by the way) even said "I would call 2 running plays" and then Sanchez passes it on the 1st play and then they run it when everyone is expecting them to on the 2nd play
Old 01-24-2011, 07:21 AM   #412
Tuxguy
Feeling at Home

First Name: Jason
Trading: (26)
Cohiba
Tuxguy will become famous soon enough

what happened?????????????
Tuxguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 08:53 AM   #413
DBall
Cigar Jesus

Trading: (46)
RyJ
DBall has disabled reputation

I don't understand why they didn't go for the onsides kick at the end there...
Old 01-24-2011, 09:07 AM   #414
jonumberone
Raw Dog

First Name: Dom
Trading: (62)
RA
jonumberone has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBall View Post
I don't understand why they didn't go for the onsides kick at the end there...
Because Rex Loves his Defense!

I think not going for the onside was the right call, especially with 3 TO's left.
If the D stops them your looking at getting the ball back with 2 min left.
Better off playing the field position game in that scenario.
Old 01-24-2011, 09:59 AM   #415
Parshooter
I'm a friend of Gary S

First Name: Marc
Bolivar
Parshooter will become famous soon enough

Five bucks the Sanchez kid picks his nose.

Ten bucks he eats it.
Old 01-24-2011, 10:00 AM   #416
hotreds
Ephesians 2:8

Trading: (63)
Bolivar
hotreds has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parshooter View Post

Ten bucks he eats it.
Who: Sanchez or his kid?
Old 01-24-2011, 10:32 AM   #417
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parshooter View Post

Ten bucks he eats it.
Did you see The Dirty pick his nose and wipe it on another player? We laughed our asses off.
It was almost as priceless as Rashard Mendenhall humping Ben after he took a knee to end the game.
Old 01-24-2011, 10:49 AM   #418
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba

Quote:
The Steelers wanted it more, have to give them credit. The Jets came out flat (especially the run defense) in the first half. They made it a game in the second half and at least made this crazy season respectable.

Greg has to be pissed at how well Sanchez played! If there is one thing to take from this game: The Jets have their QB

I still feel I can hold my head high being a Jets fan!
From my side, Mark, that first half, our O-line was just plain stronger than your D. That let the Steelers run. The run let them throw effectively.
It wasn't long into the second half that our O-line got tired, and the Jets D started getting deep in the backfield on every play. Ben was able to fight that off when it was only a couple guys in our backfield, but it wasn't long before you had five guys deep in our backfield.
The absolute best thing that could have happened to the Steelers was that 8 minute plus drive the Jets made late in the game. It gave our O-line the rest they sorely needed, and they went right back to ball control, and the Jets D wasn't getting in the backfield again.
If the Jets score in two minutes instead of 8 on that drive, you guys had a chance.

If I had to boil it down to one thing that made the difference, I think collectively, our guys were just a tiny bit stronger yesterday, and it was what mattered.
I can't think of one single mistake that Tomlin made. Zero. Letting Ben go longarm twice in a row on that second drive of the game was questionable, but that's me. They were up 7-0, got the ball right back, I would have pounded it down the Jet's throat with the running game.
Looking back at that, it may have sapped our O-line's strength when we needed it later in the game, so that makes Tomlin's mistakes zero again.

The Steelers never step on the field without "wanting it more". They never take anything home with them, it's always on the field. That's why I love them sunsab1tches.
The Jets did that yesterday, too. I still can't stand the franchise, and I'll always hope they lose, but they finally earned a little respect from me. I'll give them credit for being a good ball club now. Don't think that ain't hard to admit.
Old 01-24-2011, 11:10 AM   #419
ucla695
Neither here, nor there

Trading: (5)
Montecristo
ucla695 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by shilala View Post
Did you see The Dirty pick his nose and wipe it on another player? We laughed our asses off.
It was almost as priceless as Rashard Mendenhall humping Ben after he took a knee to end the game.
I caught both of those.
ucla695 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 12:19 PM   #420
ujponds
Homer Joe

Bolivar

Quote:
Originally Posted by shilala View Post
From my side, Mark, that first half, our O-line was just plain stronger than your D. That let the Steelers run. The run let them throw effectively.
It wasn't long into the second half that our O-line got tired, and the Jets D started getting deep in the backfield on every play. Ben was able to fight that off when it was only a couple guys in our backfield, but it wasn't long before you had five guys deep in our backfield.
The absolute best thing that could have happened to the Steelers was that 8 minute plus drive the Jets made late in the game. It gave our O-line the rest they sorely needed, and they went right back to ball control, and the Jets D wasn't getting in the backfield again.
If the Jets score in two minutes instead of 8 on that drive, you guys had a chance.

If I had to boil it down to one thing that made the difference, I think collectively, our guys were just a tiny bit stronger yesterday, and it was what mattered.
I can't think of one single mistake that Tomlin made. Zero. Letting Ben go longarm twice in a row on that second drive of the game was questionable, but that's me. They were up 7-0, got the ball right back, I would have pounded it down the Jet's throat with the running game.
Looking back at that, it may have sapped our O-line's strength when we needed it later in the game, so that makes Tomlin's mistakes zero again.

The Steelers never step on the field without "wanting it more". They never take anything home with them, it's always on the field. That's why I love them sunsab1tches.
The Jets did that yesterday, too. I still can't stand the franchise, and I'll always hope they lose, but they finally earned a little respect from me. I'll give them credit for being a good ball club now. Don't think that ain't hard to admit.
Well said. I like the Steelers and love Tomlin, I think he is a level guy and it comes through in his coaching. I wish you luck in the big game, although I want Rodgers to win one and get out of Favre's shadow. Hopefully we can get a rematch next year.