Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 10-09-2013, 09:46 PM   #1
jjirons69
Haberdasher

First Name: Jamie
Trading: (94)
LGC
jjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to behold
Default Need some dollar bill assistance

We're having a large golf outing in the middle of next year and we plan on having a few nights of different games. Naturally hold 'em poker will be played several of those nights, but we also found out we'll be playing liar's poker. Liar's poker is so fun and can be a riot when played with a bunch of sauced friends. Liar's poker is played with dollar bills using the serial numbers to bet with. It's whom ever can lie best or bet truthfully that wins. My stack of dollar bills has dwindled over the years and I was wondering if the CA family could give me a hand. Now I know Alan is stacked, but I won't be bothering him (unless he wants to help out ), but I was wondering if you guys could help me out. I'm looking for dollar bills that have at least 4 or higher of the same number listed in the serial number ( ex. 12228922). We'll have 24 guys at the golf outing and I'd like to have enough to spread the good bills with the cash register bills. I have no access to bills other than change and since I usually use a debit card, so I have very little change to look through.

Here's what I'm asking for: please check your $1 bills for me. I'll gladly reimburse you for the bills and will pay for mailing the bills. For every five bills sent at once, I'll gladly pay $6 plus stamped envelope cost. As a bonus, if you can send a bill with 6 of a kind of any number or higher, I'll pay double ($2) for it. Just let me know you're collecting for me and keep me updated. I really appreciate it and you'll be helping a bunch of silly golfers laugh their way through a fun-filled weekend. I promise I will not be selling the bills for profit, I will only be divvying them out to my golfing buddies. Thanks in advance, Jamie.

Old 10-09-2013, 10:24 PM   #2
smokin5
Have My Own Room

Trading: (69)
Bolivar
smokin5 is just really nicesmokin5 is just really nicesmokin5 is just really nicesmokin5 is just really nicesmokin5 is just really nice
Default Re: Need some dollar bill assistance

Best I could find is 4 5's. And 4 4's w/a pair of 6's.
Good enough, or do you want a real good hand?

PM me.
Old 10-09-2013, 10:40 PM   #3
MrClean
Bald Man

First Name: Jeff
Trading: (28)
Montecristo
MrClean is a jewel in the roughMrClean is a jewel in the roughMrClean is a jewel in the rough

Jamie, you looking for any consecutive numbers, like a flush scenerio? I checked mine and the only good one is a '4,5,6,7,8,9'.
Old 10-09-2013, 11:12 PM   #4
pnoon
YNWA

First Name: Peter
Trading: (20)
RA
pnoon has disabled reputation

Just checked and no luck. But I'll keep my eyes open for you.
Old 10-10-2013, 06:19 AM   #5
jjirons69
Haberdasher

LGC
jjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokin5 View Post
Best I could find is 4 5's. And 4 4's w/a pair of 6's.
Good enough, or do you want a real good hand?

PM me.
Coming in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrClean View Post
Jamie, you looking for any consecutive numbers, like a flush scenerio? I checked mine and the only good one is a '4,5,6,7,8,9'.
No reason for consecutive numbers. We're trying to find bills with at least 4 of a single number on them. Naturally the more of one number, the better.

Thanks to you all.
Old 10-10-2013, 11:42 AM   #6
themoneycollector
Nicotiana Tabacum

Trading: (108)
Bolivar
themoneycollector has disabled reputation

I have plenty of these if you still need, just let me know if $2 bills are ok or you just want $1's.

PM me.
themoneycollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 12:54 PM   #7
T.G
Grrrrrr

First Name: The Other Adam
Trading: (37)
Navy (Served With Honor)
T.G has disabled reputation

Found three so far, when do you need them?
T.G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 12:56 PM   #8
jjirons69
Haberdasher

LGC

Quote:
Originally Posted by themoneycollector View Post
I have plenty of these if you still need, just let me know if $2 bills are ok or you just want $1's.

PM me.
Only $1 bills.
Old 10-10-2013, 12:57 PM   #9
jjirons69
Haberdasher

LGC

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.G View Post
Found three so far, when do you need them?
Mid-May of next year. Adam, you can sit on them until you get 5 or 10 and send them at one time. I'll PM by address.
Old 10-10-2013, 02:02 PM   #10
smokin5
Have My Own Room

Trading: (69)
Bolivar
smokin5 is just really nicesmokin5 is just really nicesmokin5 is just really nicesmokin5 is just really nicesmokin5 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjirons69 View Post
Only $1 bills.
So I guess my $3 bills are out, huh?
Old 10-10-2013, 02:22 PM   #11
jjirons69
Haberdasher

LGC

Yes, but more importantly a $0 bill with Shilala on it. This is not Legal Tender in the Milky Way Galaxy.

Old 10-20-2013, 04:31 PM   #12
jjirons69
Haberdasher

LGC

Alan set me up with a nice fiver of bills!! As the song goes, "Oh what fun!" Thanks, Brother, payment coming your way.

Still looking for more. Let me know.
Old 11-07-2013, 01:05 PM   #13
jjirons69
Haberdasher

LGC

Old 04-28-2014, 07:30 AM   #14
jjirons69
Haberdasher

LGC

Smokin5 (eric) sent me 9 fine bills and a CD of "Not-so-classic rock" for our upcoming weekend. Rep left, brother! Thanks again.
Old 04-28-2014, 11:31 AM   #15
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

All I came up with is a full house. I suck at this game.