Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 08-05-2012, 03:31 AM   #1
emopunker2004
Central Fla rollin

First Name: Justin
Trading: (46)
HdM
emopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to all
Default iPhone 5

Well looks like the rumored release date is Sept 12 with an on sale date of Sep 21. Here's the latest update I've found:

" More leaks on what we can expect from the new iPhone 5 have emerged, but this time we have measurements down to the last millimetre.

According to Etrade, which conducted a comparison between the iPhone 4S and iPhone 5 recording it on video, the new iPhone 5’s screen will be scratch resistant.

Scraping a set of keys repeatedly over both the iPhone 4S and iPhone 5’s display, the latter was left without a mark, while the iPhone 4S had visible scratches.

Back to the specifics of the iPhone 5’s front display and the panel is reported to measure 4.065-inches (we told you they were "specific"), but is in fact 0.1mm thinner than its predecessor.

The home button has also been slightly reduced, measuring 0.3mm, while the surrounding area has been reduced from 18mm to 15.4mm. The top area of the phone is also noticeably smaller than the iPhone 4S."

Source: http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/4679...ifics-revealed
Old 08-05-2012, 04:13 AM   #2
longknocker
Postwhore

First Name: Greg
Trading: (82)
Cohiba
longknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant future
Default Re: iPhone 5

I'm Getting One! My Current One Is A 3G, Still Works, But It's As Slow As Christmas!
longknocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 04:16 AM   #3
emopunker2004
Central Fla rollin

HdM
emopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to all

I'm not getting one. BUT I hope it drives the 4s Price down $50 or so by the start of Oct when I can get my upgrade
Old 08-05-2012, 04:18 AM   #4
Drez
The Warden

First Name: Frank
Trading: (35)
Cohiba MarineCorps (Retired)
Drez is a glorious beacon of lightDrez is a glorious beacon of lightDrez is a glorious beacon of lightDrez is a glorious beacon of lightDrez is a glorious beacon of lightDrez is a glorious beacon of light

im happy with my 4s. its treated me good for almost a year

They aren't going to multiply....burn that b!tch!
Drez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 05:51 AM   #5
Malakai
The Anti-Dennis

First Name: John
Trading: (34)
RA
Malakai will become famous soon enoughMalakai will become famous soon enough

Me too happy with my 4S. Won't be getting the 5.
Malakai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 06:06 AM   #6
emopunker2004
Central Fla rollin

HdM

I'd love to get the 5 but I wouldnt get it until a few months later when the bugs are worked out. But who knows I may change my mind.
Old 08-05-2012, 06:10 AM   #7
Don Fernando
Postwhore

First Name: Ferdinand
Trading: (29)
Army (Retired)
Don Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud of

well, I'm gonna get a company iPhone somewhere october of november, so with a bit of luck it will be a 5
Old 08-05-2012, 06:30 AM   #8
Taki
Welcome to the Layer Cake

First Name: Taki
Trading: (38)
HdM
Taki has disabled reputation

I am pretty excited for the 5 however I am sick of waiting!!
Me and the wife are most likely going to each get one however I know this release date is getting crazy, keeps changing and I hope you right with the September release date, I have heard that they are still making changes and whatnot to the phone so they were shooting for Nov-December (basically for Christmas) but then I also heard that if all the kinks (which there are always kinks) are not worked out by Nov that they will push it back to January!!

Anyway can't wait to get one, everything else I own is apple, why not a phone!!!
Old 08-05-2012, 07:02 AM   #9
mosesbotbol
That's a Corgi

First Name: Moses
Trading: (6)
Punch
mosesbotbol is a jewel in the roughmosesbotbol is a jewel in the roughmosesbotbol is a jewel in the rough

The connector is supposed to have few pins than the original and will make all current iPhone gadgets obsolete.
Old 08-05-2012, 07:34 AM   #10
MurphysLaw
Anything can go wrong

First Name: Brian
Trading: (19)
Partagas
MurphysLaw is just really niceMurphysLaw is just really niceMurphysLaw is just really niceMurphysLaw is just really niceMurphysLaw is just really nice

I'll pre-order just like I did with my iPhone 4. I've had the phone since the day before the launch and never had any trouble with it.
MurphysLaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 07:54 AM   #11
King James
Regard Me!

First Name: Jim
Trading: (2)
Bolivar
King James has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by mosesbotbol View Post
The connector is supposed to have few pins than the original and will make all current iPhone gadgets obsolete.
Not necessarily. I wouldn't be surprised if they made some sort of an adapter like they did for the redesigned MaSafe chargers. Either way, Apple has reached a point where they need the smaller connecter in order to have space for other things inside the phone, or to just keep it thin.

Although they are still rumors, usually the rumors become fairly accurate as Apple gets closer to releasing new products. If the "leaked" images and video of the iPhone 5 (or the 3d models that were made) are accurate, then I'm pretty excited for the release.
Old 08-05-2012, 08:14 AM   #12
jluck
Way out there

First Name: Jared
Trading: (12)
HdM
jluck will become famous soon enoughjluck will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by mosesbotbol View Post

This article shows the new connector, I am pretty sure this is done intentional, the cattle will re-spend to get all the accessories too. Even with an adapter, It will be on the phone side, Could you imagine how poorly it will fit a doc?
I had the 3gs and went to HTC, The HTC is crap. I probably will get the 5 after the price comes down a bit as I don't have any accessories for a iphone currently.

http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/4678...up-server-logs
jluck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 08:18 AM   #13
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute

I won't be grabbing this one as I'm still very pleased with my 4S.
Old 08-05-2012, 09:39 AM   #14
GreekGodX
Opa!!

First Name: Christos
Montecristo
GreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of light

Been waiting since April to upgrade! My first iPhone
Old 08-05-2012, 09:52 AM   #15
irratebass
EMPEROR TOMPKINS

First Name: Mickey
Trading: (48)
ERdM
irratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to behold

My 4s is doing just fine and I am happy with it, won't get the 5 for another 2 years, but thanks for the info.
Old 08-05-2012, 11:12 AM   #16
Skywalker
BABOTL

First Name: Dice
Trading: (18)
Partagas
Skywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud of

I just got the 4S!!!

Smoke what you like!!!
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 11:28 AM   #17
emopunker2004
Central Fla rollin

HdM

The screens are already shipping to apple
Old 08-05-2012, 02:02 PM   #18
GreekGodX
Opa!!

First Name: Christos
Montecristo
GreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywalker View Post
I just got the 4S!!!
I didn't want to make that mistake
Old 08-05-2012, 03:16 PM   #19
Smokin Gator
Just plain insane!

Trading: (106)
Partagas
Smokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to behold

I will definitely be getting a 5. My 4 has served me well... but it is time.
Old 08-05-2012, 03:34 PM   #20
emopunker2004
Central Fla rollin

HdM

If I can get one before October 12th without jumping through hoops and the price is reasonable then I'll get the 5 over the 4s.