Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 01-29-2013, 07:39 PM   #21
Gophernut
Have My Own Room

First Name: Steve
Trading: (15)
Diplomatico
Gophernut will become famous soon enoughGophernut will become famous soon enough
Default Re: When is Too Early?

I always went with the idea that the closest part of the driveway isn't as close to the neighbor as the closest part of the lawn is. So the noise isn't as obtrusive anyways. So snow blower can be run at anytime, lawnmower should wait until the lawn is dry anyways.
Old 01-30-2013, 08:20 AM   #22
rizzle
Order Restored

Trading: (23)
Bolivar
rizzle is a jewel in the roughrizzle is a jewel in the roughrizzle is a jewel in the roughrizzle is a jewel in the rough

What is this "snow" you speak of?
rizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 08:57 AM   #23
Ogre
****CENSORED****

First Name: Larry
Trading: (46)
Montecristo
Ogre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant future

Just to stir the pot a little. What about the lawn services that make a living mowing yards. At noon here it hits 90 during the summer. Most companies start at sunup so they can be done before the afternoon heat. I have been out at 7 during the summer.
Old 01-30-2013, 08:58 AM   #24
coffeemonkey
Smoking my way to the Top

Trading: (0)
Partagas
coffeemonkey is on a distinguished road

Too early IMO. As a father of a passel of little people, I don't appreciate babies waking up due to my inconsiderate neighbors. Sleep is precious enough as it is.

Why does waiting until you get home mater anyway? It seems you are willing to bother your neighbors for your convenience? Just asking, not judging.
Old 01-30-2013, 09:03 AM   #25
Dave128
Sexy Dave

First Name: Dave
Trading: (4)
Dave128 is just really niceDave128 is just really niceDave128 is just really niceDave128 is just really nice

My opinion:

Snow removal = any time day or night.
Lawn mowing = 9/10 am.
Old 01-30-2013, 09:21 AM   #26
E.J.
I'm nuts for the place

Trading: (21)
E.J. is a jewel in the roughE.J. is a jewel in the roughE.J. is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeemonkey View Post
Too early IMO. As a father of a passel of little people, I don't appreciate babies waking up due to my inconsiderate neighbors. Sleep is precious enough as it is.

Why does waiting until you get home mater anyway? It seems you are willing to bother your neighbors for your convenience? Just asking, not judging.
It will warm with the day and insulation of snow, freeze underneath the top layer, making removal FAR more difficult. That is tough on concrete as well. There is the safety factor. Not to mention the tire compression strips of snow that never seem to go away without snow melt or the like.

As far as I know, I am also responsible for snow removal on my walks and property, legally. Peoples safety, related to the snow on my walks/drive is my responsibility.

That doesn't take into consideration that it may still be snowing and the accumulation compounds the problem(s).....

Yes, I appear willing to bother/disturb my neighbors related to that collection of things. Though it isn't so much convenience....there are considerations beyond that. In the end, it actually is a PIA to get out and snowblow before heading into the workplace AND when I got home for that matter, which seems like a second full time job of family stuff. I'd prefer to leave it for the weekend....
E.J. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 09:39 AM   #27
pektel
I'm nuts for the place

First Name: Peter
Trading: (28)
LGC
pektel is just really nicepektel is just really nicepektel is just really nicepektel is just really nicepektel is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by rizzle View Post
What is this "snow" you speak of?
It's a perfectly harmless type of precipitation, most well known for keeping pansies in warmer climates.
Old 01-30-2013, 09:47 AM   #28
E.J.
I'm nuts for the place

Trading: (21)
E.J. is a jewel in the roughE.J. is a jewel in the roughE.J. is a jewel in the rough

....snow and how I remove it from my drive and walks....

E.J. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 11:42 AM   #29
pektel
I'm nuts for the place

First Name: Peter
Trading: (28)
LGC
pektel is just really nicepektel is just really nicepektel is just really nicepektel is just really nicepektel is just really nice

I use a 4 wheeler with a plow on it. The slowblower leaves a much cleaner finished product, but my 5 year old loves riding along and running the winch for the plow.

That, and the $300ish for the plow was much cheaper than buying a separate machine.