Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Old 05-20-2010, 03:12 PM   #1
C1garfan
Just in from the Storm

Trading: (0)
C1garfan is on a distinguished road
Default Viaje TNT

Brethren,

As a loyal patron to my B & M I am rewarded with the occasional rare or hard to find smoke for which I am grateful. My B & M happens to be a Viaje preferred account, so we get a sample from time to time. This week I am happy to report I was the lucky recipient of a Viaje TNT which is set to release in a couple weeks. This information may not be 100% accurate, but here is what I was told:

VIAJE TNT

TNT is set to release as a cigar designed specifically for July 4th. As you can see in the pics below this is evident by the cigars shape. TNT was designed to look like a stick of dynamite and may I say they have done an extraordinary job. The cigar adorns a fuse and covered foot. The cigar is 6.25” X 54, so you can expect to spend some time with this one as you enjoy the fireworks. I was told the packaging on TNT is equally as impressive. TNT will be boxed in crates of 75. Again, the boxes are supposed to resemble crates of dynamite, but I have yet to see one. Time to get to the smoke!

Upon inspection all I can say is this is one bad ass looking stick. The construction on this is top notch. The fuse is applied very well with the covered foot finishing off the illusion that this is in fact a stick of dynamite. There were no soft spots and the wrapper had noticeable oils present. I carefully clip the fuse and off we go.

I tend to take my time when lighting up a cigar with a covered foot. I make sure the foot is glowing orange before I take the first pull. I enjoy the flavor you get from the extra wrapper. This one surely doesn’t disappoint. Unfortunately I don’t know what kind of wrapper they use on TNT, but it has some peppery kick to it which I am loving.

Due to its size TNT burns slowly which is nice if you plan on spending the evening out under the stars. As I mentioned before, I get a very full flavored smoke with just enough pepper which tickles the back of the throat. This cigar is full bodied. As I approach the end of the first third the cigar performs admirably with loads of flavor and a sharp burn.

At this point I am starting to feel a bit of the nicotine buzz you can expect from a cigar this size and strength. The flavors are rich with leather and a very enjoyable nuttiness. Here is where I must leave you. I only received one of these so I’m going to kick back and enjoy. I can’t wait for Independence Day!

One quick side note: If you are new to Viaje, I suggest you give them a try. Over the last year or so they have become some of my favorite cigars with Fifty Fifty and Exclusivo leading the way. They may be hard to find due to the boutique nature of the company, but they are well worth the effort to track down. On one of the forums someone commented that you don’t hear all that much about Viaje compared to some of the other boutique cigar brands. This is a good thing. Take advantage of this before Viaje blows up and dare I say the quality suffers. Till next time.

C1garfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 03:16 PM   #2
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Viaje TNT

Nice review...have not been disappointed with a Viaje stick yet.
Old 05-20-2010, 03:29 PM   #3
cigarlvr
Adjusting to the Life

Trading: (11)
cigarlvr is on a distinguished road

Looks like another great one. Love those closed foot on them.
cigarlvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 04:36 PM   #4
alwayslit
Welcome to the madness

First Name: Jim
Trading: (14)
RA
alwayslit is on a distinguished road

More crack............guess I better get my a$$ out on the street again.......LOL
alwayslit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 05:40 PM   #5
wolfandwhisky
Resident Whisky Addict

First Name: Matt
Trading: (4)
Cohiba
wolfandwhisky is on a distinguished road

thanks for the review - great looking stick.
wolfandwhisky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 06:26 PM   #6
klipsch

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwayslit View Post
More crack............guess I better get my a$$ out on the street again.......LOL
I tried that route Jim. It was suggested that I stand under the Handicapped sign...
Old 05-20-2010, 06:42 PM   #7
alwayslit
Welcome to the madness

First Name: Jim
Trading: (14)
RA
alwayslit is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by klipsch View Post
I tried that route Jim. It was suggested that I stand under the Handicapped sign...
......Walt, I feel ya man......LOL
alwayslit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 08:29 PM   #8
danreeve
Feeling at Home

First Name: Dan
Trading: (2)
danreeve has a spectacular aura aboutdanreeve has a spectacular aura about

I love Viaje, but 6.25” X 54, not sure about that
Old 06-03-2010, 05:43 PM   #9
cigarlvr
Adjusting to the Life

Trading: (11)
cigarlvr is on a distinguished road

Any idea on price
cigarlvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 05:56 PM   #10
Penzip

wow , looks good
Old 06-03-2010, 06:23 PM   #11
tomc3084
Feeling at Home

First Name: Tom
Trading: (26)
tomc3084 is on a distinguished road

damn I cannot wait to try one of these!
Old 06-03-2010, 06:29 PM   #12
SkinsFanLarry

They are due out before the end of June!
Old 06-03-2010, 06:34 PM   #13
tomc3084
Feeling at Home

First Name: Tom
Trading: (26)
tomc3084 is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the info Larry. I really want to get one of these for July 4th now
Old 06-03-2010, 07:55 PM   #14
cobra03
Adult Babysitter

First Name: Scott
Trading: (15)
Partagas
cobra03 will become famous soon enoughcobra03 will become famous soon enough

The owner of my local B&m was talking to me about these the other day. He said they would probably retail for around $11 , atleast at his shop here in VA. Im hoping he decides to get them. If there half as good as the exclusivos i'll be happy.
Old 06-17-2010, 07:50 AM   #15
Ewingrules

Vendor I am getting then from just e-mailed me they will be $10.20 per stick. He will have multiple cases but no one person will get a whole case. They will all be broken up.
Old 06-17-2010, 07:58 AM   #16
elderboy02
Lets Go Buckeyes!

First Name: Dan
Trading: (133)
Bolivar
elderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud of

It looks like they ripped off the idea of the DPG Firecracker. I still want one though!

I am sure they will be good!
elderboy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 08:02 AM   #17
Ewingrules

Quote:
Originally Posted by elderboy02 View Post
It looks like they ripped off the idea of the DPG Firecracker. I still want one though!

I am sure they will be good!
The Viaje Reserva is a awesome smoke. The winter blend was also great. They are also coming out with the Summer Fest cigars now. Damn I forgot Skull and Bones another great cigar.
Old 06-17-2010, 08:04 AM   #18
klipsch

DAMN! I thought somebody else was posting some actual input on these. I don't give a **** if these turn out to be nothing more than a 6.25" version of a Daisy Cutter. I'm grabbing a box worth!
Old 06-17-2010, 09:28 PM   #19
maninblack
Will smoke for food

First Name: Kevin
Trading: (80)
Partagas
maninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to behold

Damn these look and sound great! I need some good 4th of July smokes for the people I got coming over. Looks like I found it.
Old 06-17-2010, 09:44 PM   #20
G G
BR549

First Name: Greg
Trading: (10)
Bolivar
G G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant future

Thanks for the review.
G G is offline   Reply With Quote