Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Old 12-12-2020, 08:32 PM   #81
borndead1
Ayatollah of Rock n Rolla

First Name: Mark
Trading: (7)
Partagas
borndead1 has a spectacular aura aboutborndead1 has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Lancero love

Weird, I tried those Ninfamaniacs several years ago and thought they were awful. Different strokes...

Enjoying an Oliva V lancero. I really liked the last (first) one I smoked, so I wanted to try a few more before committing to a box.

I must say...this is a damn good cigar. Oliva has been not so great for me in the past few years. In fact, with the exception of the Connecticut Reserve, Oliva has been on my 'do not buy' list for quite some time. I think it's time to rethink that. And it's time to snag a box of V lanceros.
Old 12-14-2020, 09:25 PM   #82
RevSmoke
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

First Name: Todd
Trading: (51)
HUpmann
RevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant future

What should I smoke while in the deer blind? Yeah, I thought so, a lancero sounds like a good idea!

The other Ninfamaniac sound like a wonderful idea. A nice smoke, not quite what the maduro version is, but a decent smoke. Decent burn and abit more subdued and one dimensional in comparison to its darker twin.

Another day in the woods, and since I had does around while smoking, another cigar sounds like a good idea. The Balmoral Anjeo smoked wonderfully. It is complex with hints of a hearty wheat bread, mild hints of pepper, and ephemeral gleamings of citrus.

Old 12-28-2020, 08:33 PM   #83
borndead1

Partagas

Revisiting the Cuban Crafters Medina 1959 lancero tonight.

This one was much better than the first one I tried. I would imagine that it's because of the nekkid humidor time. I really need to break myself of the compulsion to try every new cigar right off the truck. They always need at least a short nap of a month or so.
Old 02-01-2021, 08:30 PM   #84
borndead1

Partagas

Class 34 Sungrown Blend lancero (7" X 38)

Not much in the way of real flavor at first; smoke burns my tongue. What's crazy, though, is the aroma coming from the foot is really nice. About 2" in, a nasty mildewy hay flavor comes in. I pitched this thing pretty quickly.

I've bought new/unknown cigars from Cigar Page before and been disappointed. The Class 34 Sungrown lancero is no exception.
Old 02-02-2021, 08:09 AM   #85
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (61)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2021, 09:02 AM   #86
longknocker
Postwhore

First Name: Greg
Trading: (82)
Cohiba
longknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
What Was The Cigar, Brother? Can't Tell. Good??? Which Of The Skinny Monsters Do You Like Best, Or Are They All Good? I Have Some Resting At The Moment. Thanks!
longknocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2021, 02:58 PM   #87
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by longknocker View Post
What Was The Cigar, Brother? Can't Tell. Good??? Which Of The Skinny Monsters Do You Like Best, Or Are They All Good? I Have Some Resting At The Moment. Thanks!
That's the Skinny Drac, Greg. Ok, not my favorite of the bunch. That would likely either be the Mummy or the Frank.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
Old 02-02-2021, 02:59 PM   #88
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

'17 LGC M'dO 4

Old 02-04-2021, 06:21 AM   #89
longknocker
Postwhore

Cohiba
longknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant future

Quote:
That's the Skinny Drac, Greg. Ok, not my favorite of the bunch. That would likely either be the Mummy or the Frank.
Old 02-04-2021, 06:28 AM   #90
longknocker
Postwhore

Cohiba

Quote:

'17 LGC M'dO 4
I Have Some June, '17s, That I Need To Revisit, Now That You Mentioned It.
Old 02-04-2021, 08:25 AM   #91
RevSmoke
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

HUpmann
RevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant future

Quote:

'17 LGC M'dO 4
Very nice.
Old 02-04-2021, 08:53 AM   #92
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Quote:
I Have Some June, '17s, That I Need To Revisit, Now That You Mentioned It.
Are they LGR box code, Greg?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevSmoke View Post
Very nice.
I have to crack another box soon, I will be sure to send you a couple Todd.

Old 02-04-2021, 10:12 AM   #93
RevSmoke
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

HUpmann

Quote:
Saying, "Very nice" is not a mooch for cigars.
Old 02-04-2021, 11:12 AM   #94
longknocker
Postwhore

Cohiba

Quote:
Are they LGR box code, Greg?

Not Sure? "Habanos D.O.P."
Old 02-04-2021, 02:55 PM   #95
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Quote:
Saying, "Very nice" is not a mooch for cigars.
Sending cigars to a friend implies no mooching involved.

Old 03-03-2021, 06:37 AM   #96
RevSmoke
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

HUpmann

So, I am always looking for a deal on great smokes. So, there comes an advert from Cigar Page about their Class 34 cigars with the usual cover story of "these cigars come straight from the same factory as their famous counterparts but without the middle man and the fancy bands or packaging" story. I really enjoy lanceros, so I put the maduro #9, mad #47, sun grown #14, and Connie #1 in the cart. Then I ought, "what am I gonna do with 76 cigars I don't like." (Figuring I tried one of each and they were not good) So I got in touch with another pastor up here who enjoys cigars but is always looking for a deal. He said he'd buy half of them at that price $2.00 a stick.

Well, I have each of the maduros and while I did not plan to review them and so did not take notes...they were both very good. 9 had hints of coffee and cocoa, burning to a short nub. The 47 was a bit bolder with some spice, also burning to a short nub. No burn issues for either.

At this point I am glad of the order.
Old 03-03-2021, 06:49 AM   #97
longknocker
Postwhore

Cohiba

Quote:
So, I am always looking for a deal on great smokes. So, there comes an advert from Cigar Page about their Class 34 cigars with the usual cover story of "these cigars come straight from the same factory as their famous counterparts but without the middle man and the fancy bands or packaging" story. I really enjoy lanceros, so I put the maduro #9, mad #47, sun grown #14, and Connie #1 in the cart. Then I ought, "what am I gonna do with 76 cigars I don't like." (Figuring I tried one of each and they were not good) So I got in touch with another pastor up here who enjoys cigars but is always looking for a deal. He said he'd buy half of them at that price $2.00 a stick.

Well, I have each of the maduros and while I did not plan to review them and so did not take notes...they were both very good. 9 had hints of coffee and cocoa, burning to a short nub. The 47 was a bit bolder with some spice, also burning to a short nub. No burn issues for either.

At this point I am glad of the order.
Glad They Were Good To You, Todd!. I'm Like You. Most Of The "Bargains" Are Crummy Sticks!
Old 03-03-2021, 09:55 AM   #98
RevSmoke
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

HUpmann

Quote:
Glad They Were Good To You, Todd!. I'm Like You. Most Of The "Bargains" Are Crummy Sticks!
I am looking forward to the other 2 now. If they are even close to as good as these, I will be glad to have made the purchase. I like the sticks I like, and I like trying new things. It is nice however when you can go out fishing, or sit on the tractor clearing the driveway, or when you out mowing you have a cigar - and let's face it, not pay 100% attention to it. BUT... it is a decent tasting cigar when you do pause to ponder it.

So, it appears these may be in the category.

Or, when you go to a pastoral conference and a few guys are mooching because the only smoke cigars around you, you can give them something that isn't going to break the bank.

Peace of the Lord be with you.
Old 03-03-2021, 09:57 AM   #99
longknocker
Postwhore

Cohiba

Quote:
I am looking forward to the other 2 now. If they are even close to as good as these, I will be glad to have made the purchase. I like the sticks I like, and I like trying new things. It is nice however when you can go out fishing, or sit on the tractor clearing the driveway, or when you out mowing you have a cigar - and let's face it, not pay 100% attention to it. BUT... it is a decent tasting cigar when you do pause to ponder it.

So, it appears these may be in the category.

Or, when you go to a pastoral conference and a few guys are mooching because the only smoke cigars around you, you can give them something that isn't going to break the bank.

Peace of the Lord be with you.
You Too, Brother! Do You Have A Link To These Sticks? Thanks!
Old 03-03-2021, 10:04 AM   #100
longknocker
Postwhore

Cohiba

Never Mind, Todd; I Found It. Which One Did You Like The Best? Thanks, Brother!