Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Old 03-14-2011, 03:24 PM   #1
RevSmoke
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

First Name: Todd
Trading: (51)
HUpmann
RevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant future
Default Goviado Black Petite Corona

Goviado Black Petite Corona
4X40

0.0 - 2.0 = poor/inferior quality
2.1 - 2.9 = fair
3.0 - 3.5 = good
3.5 - 4.5 = excellent
4.6 - 5.0 = superior

1) Aesthetics: I must admit that I do enjoy this size cigar, there isn’t a time that it doesn’t fit. It sports a Colorado Maduro wrapper which has some slight veins and some slight oil.

Score for aesthetics: 4.4

2) Pre-light Construction: Ths is a well rolled cigar, properly filled and firm from foot to head. It has a bit of weight for a cigar this size. On the pre-light draw, there is a slight hint of fruitiness.

Score for Pre-light construction: 4.7

3) Post-light Construction/How it smoked: It light easily and drew with only slight effort, just like I enjoy them. Never needed a touch-up even though smoked while outside fishing, and burned cleanly down to the nub without a relight. The ash was a dark grey, and held firmly for a good inch plus. A nice thing about this one was that it didn’t get hot either, that is a sometime threat with this size.

Score for post-light construction: 4.8

4) Flavor and strength: The first puff was a bit harsh, but after that there wasn’t a problem (probably a lighting error on my part). There is some slight spice here, but I found a fruitiness that predominated on this medium bodied cigar. Some earthiness and coffee were also exhibited. I enjoyed the fact that the flavor sort of changed throughout. As I was fishing, I didn’t pay as close attention as I should have to write a review, but I did enjoy it.

Score for flavor and strength: 4.2

5) Finish/Aftertaste: A rather light finish of fruit and spice..

Score for aftertaste: 4.1

6) Aroma: I was surprised that cocoa came into the aroma coupling with the fruit and spice that was mentioned in the flavor.

Score for aroma: 4.4

7) General Comments: I had been led to believe that this would be harsh, some ammonia might be present in the flavor/aroma, so I was reluctant from the get go. It didn’t happen. I must say that this was a very good cigar. I enjoyed my first, and have a second one waiting for my future.

Overall score for the cigar: 4.2

8) Recommendation: Yes, I’d recommend this cigar to those looking for a shorter smoke.
Old 03-14-2011, 03:31 PM   #2
HollywoodQue
Invictus

First Name: Howard
Trading: (46)
Bolivar Navy (Served With Honor)
HollywoodQue is just really niceHollywoodQue is just really niceHollywoodQue is just really niceHollywoodQue is just really niceHollywoodQue is just really nice
Default Re: Goviado Black Petite Corona

Thanks for the review, I got a couple of there from Albert and they were great.
HollywoodQue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 03:41 PM   #3
Emjaysmash
The Hebrew Hammer

First Name: M.J.
Trading: (76)
Emjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to behold

Glad this one treated you better then the one I had. Maybe it's time to try another one!
Old 03-14-2011, 03:48 PM   #4
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute

Nice review Todd.