Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Old 03-09-2011, 01:36 PM   #1
Don Fernando
Postwhore

First Name: Ferdinand
Trading: (29)
Army (Retired)
Don Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud of
Default La Reloba seleccion Mexico robusto

A few days ago I posted a review of the La Reloba seleccion Sumatra robusto and today it's time for the La Reloba seleccion Mexico robusto. This 5x50 robusto is the new, yet unreleased, blend of the La Reloba line, which also exists in a Habano version. The band looks the same, except that it's in the color of the Mexican flag, green white and red, instead of the black & red (Habano) or black & yellow (Sumatra) bands.

The dark and oily San Andres Mexican wrapper has a few very thin veins. I smell a barnyard with wood and some tar. The construction feels good. The predraw is fine and I taste some floral flavors with some pepper on the lips.

I taste a spicy earth flavor and after half an inch some sweet herbs and pepper too. A quarter of an inch later I also get a tiny bit of milk chocolate on the background. After an inch I taste wood with herbs and a bit of milk chocolate. After a third I taste toast with a little bit of citrus and herbs.

The flavors are getting smoother and milder halfway the cigar, there is a little bit of chocolate in the aftertaste. After two thirds the wrapper cracks open and I taste toast, some herbs and some milk chocolate. The chocolate disappears and I taste toast with some herbs. The last few puffs bring me some black pepper too.

This cigar lasted me an hour and forty minutes. The draw was a bit tight, but still good. The smoke is thick. I had to correct the burn over and over again. The ash is coarse and firm. This cigar is full bodied and full flavored but not as sweet as I expected from a Mexican San Andres wrapped cigar.

Would I buy this cigar again? No boxes, but a single every now and then, for sure.

Appearance: 8 / 10
Construction: 7 / 10
Draw: 7 / 10
Burn: 6 / 10
Smoke & ash: 8 / 10
Aroma first part: 7 / 10
Aroma second part: 7 / 10
Aroma third part: 8 / 10
Old 03-09-2011, 02:14 PM   #2
N2 GOLD
MIND OVER MATTER...

First Name: RICO
Trading: (1)
SCdlH
N2 GOLD will become famous soon enoughN2 GOLD will become famous soon enough
Default Re: La Reloba seleccion Mexico robusto

Nice review... Do you know when will this be released???
Old 03-09-2011, 04:11 PM   #3
Don Fernando
Postwhore

First Name: Ferdinand
Trading: (29)
Army (Retired)
Don Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud of

I have no idea
Old 03-09-2011, 04:16 PM   #4
HollywoodQue
Invictus

First Name: Howard
Trading: (46)
Bolivar Navy (Served With Honor)
HollywoodQue is just really niceHollywoodQue is just really niceHollywoodQue is just really niceHollywoodQue is just really niceHollywoodQue is just really nice

Wow man, you are real good with the reviews...I need to caught up with trying your recommendations...I just can't keep up....nice review brother
HollywoodQue is offline   Reply With Quote