Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 10-02-2012, 11:08 AM   #21
dave
Have My Own Room

First Name: Dave
Trading: (15)
Partagas Navy (Retired)
dave is a jewel in the roughdave is a jewel in the roughdave is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Just Needed To VENT!!!

Have had bad experiences with them, as well.

Rented a Hertz this past weekend and was offered Roadside Assistance for the first time. I declined without even asking about it. I assumed it was for lock-outs and running out of gas. If I have ever a problem with the car and they don't come to fix it on their dime, I'm going to be plenty pissed off.
dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 04:44 PM   #22
TheMadBaker
formerly Girliecigars

First Name: Leigh
Trading: (0)
TheMadBaker is a jewel in the roughTheMadBaker is a jewel in the roughTheMadBaker is a jewel in the roughTheMadBaker is a jewel in the rough

Ya know it amazes me to see that all u all had problems with enterprise too. Some big wig from enterprise should read this thread and understand the real issue going on...customer service doesn't exist any longer. Can't wait for Larry to get his truck back.
Old 10-08-2012, 05:03 PM   #23
Mr B
Livin' in a Van....

Trading: (79)
PL
Mr B is just really niceMr B is just really niceMr B is just really niceMr B is just really nice

Sorry to hear that Larry. If you had the insurance, you should have driven the car to the branch office on the flat tire. That would probably have cost them a pretty penny.
And there came a voice to him: “Rise, Peter; kill and eat.” Acts 10:13
Mr B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 05:11 PM   #24
Malakai
The Anti-Dennis

First Name: John
Trading: (34)
RA
Malakai will become famous soon enoughMalakai will become famous soon enough

Never had issues with Enterprise and have primarily used them most when needing a rental. Budget is another story altogether for me. I will certainly never use them again no matter the situation. Sorry to hear about your problems with them and hope your truck gets back to you soon!!
Malakai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 06:47 PM   #25
Robulous78

Crappy day man, smoke a cigar and let the tensions pass...
Old 10-08-2012, 06:52 PM   #26
poriggity
Cigar Zombie Fo Life!

First Name: Scott
Trading: (13)
poriggity will become famous soon enoughporiggity will become famous soon enough

I worked for years in the rental car industry, and I can tell you that enterprise is known for thier horrible customer service. I worked for hertz, and I have to say, we prided our location on its customer service. Go elsewhere man.. there are a lot of other companies that will treat you so much better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogre View Post
I had a little fender bender with my pick up this past weekend. All is OK, but thats not the problem. I dropped off my truck and the body shop, made contact with my insurance company and made arrangements for a rental car (where the problem startes). I picked up a car from Enterprise Car Rental last night (Thursday). While driving it home, the car had a rattle that sounded like the exhaust system was going to fall off. I figured I would take it back today (Friday) and get another car. I went out side this afternoon and found the left rear tire was flat, oh it gets better. I call Enterprise at 4:17 and explained to problems to the agent. I was told he would send a truck out to take care of the car and get me a replacement, figured great customer service. At 5:50, the agent called my back and proceeded to tell me that I didnt PAY for their roadside assistance and they would not send a truck to help and I would have to get the car to rental location for an exchange (they close at 6:00). I am starting to get a little upset at this point. I call their corp customer service line and talk with a compliance manager and explained the situation. We did a 3 was call with the agent and the agent proceeded to tell me that I WAS WRONG and he never promised me anything. I then told them that I was going to get the car to the rental location and drop it off and finish my rental with them. The agent tells me that I cant do that because the office is already closed and I would have to keep it till tomorrow and pay another days rental. The Mgr chimed in and at that point I have a tow truck on its way to my house to get the car. The agent never offered another car or any type of assistance. I filled a formal complaint with corporate and it is supposed to be looked into. This is still not over, I get a call from the location manager and he finally offered a replacement car, but never apologized for his employees behavior. I refused and will take my business elsewhere. Thanks for listening to me rant on, I just needed to vent.
Posted via Mobile Device
poriggity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 12:53 PM   #27
Catfish
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ MO FUGGA!

First Name: David
Trading: (24)
RA
Catfish has disabled reputation

That really sucks that you had this happen to you with Enterprise, Larry.

I've rented exclusively from Enterprise for over a decade with ZERO issues. Matter of fact, they were the ones that saved my bacon for being able to do EPIC this year because of the $ i'm gonna save on the rental through them. AND they're even picking us up to go get the car and we live like 12 miles from the rental office.

I sure hope it works out in the end.