Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Sports

Old 05-11-2011, 07:39 AM   #21
chippewastud79
Fatter than you!

First Name: Larry
Trading: (44)
Partagas
chippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Kyle Busch

Quote:
Originally Posted by elderboy02 View Post
That is weak. Busch should have had a much stiffer penalty.
Harvick got out of the car and tried to start a physical altercation by reaching into Busch's car and Busch should have gotten the bigger suspension?
Old 05-11-2011, 07:46 AM   #22
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

First Name: Andy
Trading: (4)
Partagas
Starscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by chippewastud79 View Post
Harvick got out of the car and tried to start a physical altercation by reaching into Busch's car and Busch should have gotten the bigger suspension?
Yes. Busch could have endangered lives by pushing KH's car out of the way on pit road. Luckily none of KH's crew had made it that far down pit road when it went out of control.

Insert quote here.
Starscream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 07:50 AM   #23
elderboy02
Lets Go Buckeyes!

First Name: Dan
Trading: (133)
Bolivar
elderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by chippewastud79 View Post
I know you aren't a big NASCAR fan, so you don't have as much knowledge, but NASCAR put in place a "Boys, have at it" policy. Last year Jeff Gordon shoved Jeff Burton and nothing happened. I think Harvick shouldn't have even gotten penalized. Busch should have though because of the dumping of the car.
elderboy02 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 08:34 AM   #24
criracer
Just in from the Storm

First Name: Jason
Trading: (0)
criracer is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starscream View Post
Yes. Busch could have endangered lives by pushing KH's car out of the way on pit road. Luckily none of KH's crew had made it that far down pit road when it went out of control.
The only reason Harvick's crew was down there was to try and start a fight with Busch. I don't think Busch asked Kevin to block him and keep him from driving to his trailer.

I don't know if anyone noticed, but Harvick conveniently waited for his crew to get there before he got out of his car. As far as I see it The crew guys put their own lives in danger by running down pit road to start a fight.

I guess Kyle should have stayed there and let Harvick AND HIS CREW kick his ass.
criracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 08:39 AM   #25
jledou
Have My Own Room

First Name: Jay
Trading: (27)
Punch
jledou has a spectacular aura aboutjledou has a spectacular aura aboutjledou has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
I know you aren't a big NASCAR fan, so you don't have as much knowledge, but NASCAR put in place a "Boys, have at it" policy. Last year Jeff Gordon shoved Jeff Burton and nothing happened. I think Harvick shouldn't have even gotten penalized. Busch should have though because of the dumping of the car.
Agree with Dan here. If anything Busch should have been penalized for moving down the track (out of the racing line) to clip the back of Harvick's car. In reality though this will not change anything until the sit a driver out of a race seriously hurting them in points.
jledou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 08:59 AM   #26
chippewastud79
Fatter than you!

First Name: Larry
Trading: (44)
Partagas
chippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Maybe I don't have a "Rainbow Warrior" t-shirt.
Robby Gordon got put on probation for the rest of the season for a physical altercation with Conway early this season. So if Harvick had actually gotten the chance to fight with him, then the fine/probation could have been much worse. Busch avoided it, albeit not very intelligently, but he got the same penalty. The "Boys, have at it" Policy is kind of like the fines and suspensions in other sports, at the discretion of the governing body/commisioner. Some get fined, some don't, its dependent on a number of factors, including your 'standing' as a driver and past incidents. The fines and probation seem to be appropriate given that a physical altercation didn't occur but was intended to be started by Harvick.
Old 05-24-2011, 02:54 PM   #27
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

Partagas
Starscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to behold

http://www2.statesville.com/news/201...ne-ar-1061276/

Insert quote here.
Old 05-24-2011, 04:04 PM   #28
elderboy02
Lets Go Buckeyes!

First Name: Dan
Trading: (133)
Bolivar
elderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starscream View Post
Oops
elderboy02 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 04:39 PM   #29
SDmate
I <3 to S.H.I.T

First Name: Steve AKA mate
Trading: (3)
RA
SDmate will become famous soon enoughSDmate will become famous soon enough

and they didn't impound the car & throw him in jail..
btw here's the ride

Canterbury Crusaders- Super 12 Champions- 1998 1999 2000 2002 2005 Super 14 Champions- 2006 2008
Canterbury- ITM Cup Champions-2008-2012
New Zealand ALL BLACKS RWC Champions- 1987 2011
SDmate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 06:54 PM   #30
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

Partagas

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDmate View Post
and they didn't impound the car & throw him in jail..
btw here's the ride
Star power works wonders.

That is a nice ride, though.

Insert quote here.