Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Accessory Discussion / Reviews

Old 10-03-2009, 12:13 PM   #41
Red

Default Re: ion breeze / air purifier

Quote:
Originally Posted by klipsch View Post
Actually...the unit I referenced does perform like magic.
then fark it! its a must have
Old 10-03-2009, 12:13 PM   #42
Red

the villa , the hotel or the suite ?
Old 10-03-2009, 12:28 PM   #43
spectrrr
Back in the midwest!

First Name: Frank
Trading: (20)
LGC
spectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red View Post
the villa , the hotel or the suite ?
How about the Mansion ?

No seriously, Walt, does it have ion? I got the impression from their site it was only ozone?
Old 10-03-2009, 02:12 PM   #44
Red

i didnt see the mansion on the site ?
Old 10-03-2009, 02:32 PM   #45
spectrrr
Back in the midwest!

LGC
spectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to all

Quote:
i didnt see the mansion on the site ?
poor humor, I was just picking a fictional size higher
Old 10-03-2009, 02:46 PM   #46
Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by spectrrr View Post
poor humor, I was just picking a fictional size higher
thats what i thought at first ..but then i was like...hrmm maybe there is a bigger one
how much do these things run...i didnt see pricing
Old 10-03-2009, 02:49 PM   #47
Stick
Adjusting to the Life

First Name: David
Trading: (14)
SP
Stick has disabled reputation

Quote:
how much do these things run...i didnt see pricing
http://www.odorfreemachines.com/Categories.bok
Stick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 05:24 PM   #48
kzm007

Just wanted to thank everyone for the info; I may look into these myself now
Old 10-03-2009, 05:55 PM   #49
klipsch

Quote:
Originally Posted by spectrrr View Post
How about the Mansion ?

No seriously, Walt, does it have ion? I got the impression from their site it was only ozone?
They're ozone generators. Not ionizers. I had originally looked at getting an ionizer back in Dec of last year. As I looked for more and more info to be sure that I got the biggest bang for buck...and didn't have to worry about buyers remorse, I ended up on the Odor Free and Air-Zone sites. I finally decided on the Odor Free unit based on cost and reliability. That also included cost of replacement plates and or filters.
Here's a link to a section of the Air-Zone site about Why Ionizers Don't Work. I ended up buying the Overnight model from Odor Free which is what they now call the Villa. They give you a 30 day trial with the units, so you can see for yourself what it's capable of. From all of the reading and questions asked over the phone, I was led to believe that it would require a unit with an output of about 800 Mg/Hr to eliminate the smell of cigar smoke. That's why I went with the 1000 Mg/Hr Overnight (Villa). I rarely use the unit at anymore than half that output. It all depends on how much time you have to clear the odors. 45 minutes at full power or several hours at 1/3-1/2 power.
I can honestly say that this has without a doubt turned out to be one of the better purchase decisions made I've in the last year or so. I use this thing everywhere in my apartment. If you've got dingy smelling clothes...stick them in a closet with the ozone generator on a high setting for 30 minutes. Everything in the closet will come out smelling like they just came out of the laundry...seriously! Did you make a stupid mistake and put a half smoked cigar in your travel humi? Empty the humi and point the ozone generator at it and the foam for a half hour...it'll smell like it did when you got it new. I have no experience doing this with wooden humidors. But if you put a half smoked stick in your wooden humidor...maybe you deserve to have to buy a new humi so you don't make a mistake like that again...lol
Old 10-04-2009, 03:29 PM   #50
Parshooter
I'm a friend of Gary S

First Name: Marc
Trading: (2)
Bolivar
Parshooter will become famous soon enough

So, from what I've read here, the Purifan will take smoke out of the air and the ion/ionizer will just clean smelly air. Is that correct? I'm looking into the Purifan, looks like just what I need for my smoking room. Thanks for the info guys
Old 10-04-2009, 05:17 PM   #51
spectrrr
Back in the midwest!

LGC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parshooter View Post
So, from what I've read here, the Purifan will take smoke out of the air and the ion/ionizer will just clean smelly air. Is that correct? I'm looking into the Purifan, looks like just what I need for my smoking room. Thanks for the info guys
purifan will clean (filter) smelly air, but will do nothing about anything that gets away onto the surfaces in your house. Have to change/wash filters.

ionizer will take particles out of the air and bond them to other surfaces (surfaces get dirtier quicker, still stinks)

ozone will chemically alter whatever it comes into contact with, killing bacteria and neutralizing odors. It will not take smoke out of the air, only make it less stinky .
Old 10-08-2009, 10:03 AM   #52
Parshooter
I'm a friend of Gary S

Bolivar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parshooter View Post
After further investigation, the Purifan won't work (for me). I think I'm going with the Trion SE800E http://www.breathepureair.com/trion_800se.html
An electrician is coming over today to give an estimate on wiring.
Old 10-08-2009, 10:16 AM   #53
Red

damn 1900$....whew
Old 10-08-2009, 10:36 AM   #54
the nub
Papa Chino

LGC
the nub is on a distinguished road

I don't care what anyone tells you but filtration and/or ionizers don't work. I've tried almost everything except exhaust, which IMO would be the most logical solution, if feasible. Ozone is the only other thing that is partially effective for long term, consisting smoking environments. It's the cumulative effect of smoke buildup that is the problem. Filtration can never get all of the smoke. Incense and other scents mask the odor but don't eliminate them. Sure, if you smoke once a week, only in the winter, then filters will work. So will candles. So will chanting voodoo.
the nub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 11:01 AM   #55
Red

im not really tring to get the smell out..just exsessive smoke in the garage while im smoking..so i dont have to sit in a cloud and can breathe
Old 10-08-2009, 11:18 AM   #56
Parshooter
I'm a friend of Gary S

Bolivar

Quote:
im not really tring to get the smell out..just exsessive smoke in the garage while im smoking..so i dont have to sit in a cloud and can breathe
You just need fans. Forget everything else.
Old 10-08-2009, 01:07 PM   #57
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (61)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by the nub View Post
I don't care what anyone tells you but filtration and/or ionizers don't work. I've tried almost everything except exhaust, which IMO would be the most logical solution, if feasible. Ozone is the only other thing that is partially effective for long term, consisting smoking environments. It's the cumulative effect of smoke buildup that is the problem. Filtration can never get all of the smoke. Incense and other scents mask the odor but don't eliminate them. Sure, if you smoke once a week, only in the winter, then filters will work. So will candles. So will chanting voodoo.
Opinions may vary.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 02:58 PM   #58
CigarNut
F*ck Cancer!

First Name: Michael
Trading: (111)
RA
CigarNut has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
Opinions may vary.
Almost a Patrick Swayze quote (he said "Opinions vary." which really seemed to piss the other guy off

(sort of) Sorry for posting this off-topic comment...
CigarNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 07:19 PM   #59
RRocket
Still Watching My Back

Trading: (10)
RRocket is on a distinguished road

Ozone generators do indeed work like magic. As others have said, I have also been amazed by how excellent they work.

Csonka makes a couple models geared towards cigar smokers, and have a small desktop model called the "Smoker Cloaker"
RRocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 05:30 PM   #60
looking for know
Dr. Mike

First Name: Mike
Trading: (10)
Army (Served With Honor)
looking for know is on a distinguished road

Hmm. Is there something that clears the smoke AND heats the space?