Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Accessory Discussion / Reviews

Old 10-12-2009, 06:47 PM   #61
Wharf Rat
I'll get up and fly away

First Name: Bob
Trading: (7)
RA
Wharf Rat will become famous soon enoughWharf Rat will become famous soon enough
Default Re: ion breeze / air purifier

Quote:
Originally Posted by looking for know View Post
Hmm. Is there something that clears the smoke AND heats the space?
How 'bout your existing furnace with an electrostatic air cleaner?
Wharf Rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 08:06 PM   #62
looking for know
Dr. Mike

First Name: Mike
Trading: (10)
Army (Served With Honor)
looking for know is on a distinguished road

I have that, but my it still sucks the smell of cigar into the house. The burners come after the electrostatic unit and hepa filters.

Besides, I'm talking about smoking in my garage, and the furnace doesn't heat that space so well.
Old 10-12-2009, 08:57 PM   #63
Wharf Rat
I'll get up and fly away

Trading: (7)
RA
Wharf Rat will become famous soon enoughWharf Rat will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by looking for know View Post
I have that, but my it still sucks the smell of cigar into the house. The burners come after the electrostatic unit and hepa filters.

Besides, I'm talking about smoking in my garage, and the furnace doesn't heat that space so well.
Then, I'll return to my original suggestion of a heat recovery ventilator which adds air changes with outside but saves the heat. After that, add whatever additional heat with a gas or electric space heater.
Wharf Rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2019, 02:52 AM   #64
prateekgupta

you need IONS (you can literally watch it cut a swath through the smoke in front of it). Ozone can be used to eliminate the odor, but its a gradual thing. If you want it to work faster, you can turn it up and leave the room. Its the exact same stuff that a lightning storm generates, and is one of the reasons the air smells to "clean" afterwards... but in high doses its not so good for ya, so just step out of the room if your gonna turn it up.
Old 10-05-2019, 05:20 AM   #65
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

Trading: (96)
Bolivar
Chainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by prateekgupta View Post
you need IONS

I’m on an ion free diet right now. I read on the internet that too many ions makes you fat. Two years without ions and I’m down 3lbs., so it’s working.
Old 02-19-2020, 06:25 AM   #66
reydevis

I use the snoke air purifier, it helps a lot, because my wife also not that happy with my cigar aroma, that's why I use it. I may recommend you a review about few models on jonsguide

Last edited by markem; 02-19-2020 at 08:05 AM.
Old 02-19-2020, 09:17 AM   #67
AdamJoshua
Article 4 Free Inhabitant

First Name: The Other Adam
Trading: (40)
Bolivar Army (Served With Honor)
AdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by reydevis View Post
I use the snoke air purifier, it helps a lot, because my wife also not that happy with my cigar aroma, that's why I use it. I may recommend you a review about few models on jonsguide
Mark, 8 of those tricks don't work at all!!!
AdamJoshua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2020, 04:33 AM   #68
syntheticoil

Quote:
Originally Posted by spectrrr View Post
+1

He's on the right track with that one, that's basically exactly what you need. Mom's had a few "Alpine" air purifiers kicking around the house for years since a brief stint trying to sell them. Crap company (MLM), BUT AWESOME product. It's basically the same thing, and I honestly don't think there's much of a difference other than the price .

To clean out the smoke cloud, you need IONS (you can literally watch it cut a swath through the smoke in front of it). Ozone can be used to eliminate the odor, but its a gradual thing. If you want it to work faster, you can turn it up and leave the room. Its the exact same stuff that a lightning storm generates, and is one of the reasons the air smells to "clean" afterwards... but in high doses its not so good for ya, so just step out of the room if your gonna turn it up.

(and when you get tired of odor anywhere else in your life, just plug that machine in. Friend was recently selling his car, but couldnt get a VERY entrenched dog smell out of it. 36 hours with the windows up and that machine plugged in and the car smelled like it came from a dealer)

That machine on ebay seems to have it all, and for a damned cheap price if it works as good as the $400-$700 units I've used and check review. Go for it, there is NO better solution.

its best