Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Old 03-08-2018, 02:48 AM   #1
Don Fernando
Postwhore

First Name: Ferdinand
Trading: (29)
Army (Retired)
Don Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud of
Default Fundadores Corona

Before Facebook there were cigar forums to communicate with cigar aficionados all over the world and my favorite one was Club Stogie until it was sold by the owner to a investor that merged three big forums into one crappy one with a poor name, puff.com and puff is another word for homosexual in England, the feeling wasn’t the same and the new moderators acted like dictators. So the old moderator team created a new forum, Cigar Asylum and that became my favorite online hangout and I used to trade, bomb, buy and get bombed, visited the USA some times to herf with the guys and thats how I got a lot of cigars that I wouldn’t normally buy.

When I was looking for cigars to smoke for the effffin february month I went through my database at stogierate.com and saw that I had a Fundadores from Jamaica. An online search told me that these cigars are made in Kingston with an American Connecticut Shade wrapper, a Mexican binder and a filler from Mexico and the Dominican Republic. I have the 5 1/2×42 Corona but there are more sizes available on cigarjamaica.com

The cigar is slightly box pressed and has a wrapper that is latte colored, with quite a lot of veins. The ring is simple, white with a drawing of a classic boat, golden letters and a thick golden outline, the sides are green with golden letters too. The construction feels good and the cigar is beautifully finished. The cigar has a musty smell, typical for Connecticut shade, like walking into an old hay shack.

Because of the small ring I had to cut the cigar. The cold draw is fine and I taste pepper on my lips. After lighting I taste a mild coffee with that typical Connecticut Shade mustiness. The coffee disappears and the mustiness changes to a mild and sweet musty cedar. Then the only flavor change is that the sweetness is replaced by a mild harshness. The flavor doesn’t change much anymore.

The draw is good, I expected worse. The ash is quite dark, dense but breaks easily. The gray smoke is thin and only reasonable in volume. The burn is straight as can be. This cigar is mild, both in body and in flavor. The smoke time is an hour and a half.

Would I buy this cigar again? No. It was nice to smoke a Jamaican cigar for once but it’s not good enough to smoke again.

Score: 80

https://cigarguideorg.wordpress.com/...adores-corona/