Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-30-2013, 12:39 PM   #1
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute
Default Fourth Annual Fantasy Football for Stakes and the Troops

In our first year we raised 385 sticks for the troops, the second year we raised 499 sticks for the troops. Last year somewhere between 350 and 400, I forget how many.

I've created a Yahoo League the same as last year. The sign-on info is the same, I simply restarted the league.
There will be only ten players.
Buy in will be six premiums ($60.00 minimum value, NC and/or CC) and a sixer (minimum) for the troops, due prior to the first week's kickoff. You all know the drill on sending betting smokes along with your buy-in to save money. Feel free to handle that however you like.

Payout will be 30 smokes to first place, 20 for second place, and 10 sticks for third place.
I can take care of receiving/sending smokes, or anyone else can do it. I've done it a few times before without a hitch and I have lots of extra storage tubs.

As always, I will personally put together a nice fiver for the winner of the playoff loser's bracket as an incentive to keep everyone involved to the end. If anyone wants to offer any other bonus prizes, that would kick ass. Maybe something such as "fiver for highest score for week six" or something like that.
Or "beat me this week, and I'll send a fiver to the troops". We had tons of that going on last year and it made it super fun for everyone.
The key is generosity, banter, and fun. The more prizes, the more fun it'll be. The more smokes we can gather for the troops, the more fun it will be.

If you cannot stay available for the entire season, please, please don't sign up, or find a brother or sister to step into your spot. Disappearing will just hurt what we're trying to do for the troops, and your team will immediately be assigned a new manager.

Live Draft is not yet set, we will hold off until the last moment to allow for injuries and cuts and so on.

Only ten guys will be playing, I've sent invites to last year's players.
1. Shilala
2. Coach
3. Cole
4. Stephen
5. mkarnold1
6. Mattso3000
7. Jarrod
8. Sofaman
9. Jeremy
10. BeerAdvocate

If someone drops out, we'll look for another player. Hopefully we'll get 100% of our guys back, especially with the pass involved.