Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 11-01-2011, 06:54 AM   #1601
emopunker2004
Central Fla rollin

First Name: Justin
Trading: (46)
HdM
emopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to all
Default Re: Photography Thread

yeh the focal softness i was using was just what i could use on flickr cuz i was at work.
Old 11-05-2011, 09:18 PM   #1602
emopunker2004
Central Fla rollin

First Name: Justin
Trading: (46)
HdM
emopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to all

this?bw by thestemens16, on Flickr
Old 11-08-2011, 09:29 AM   #1603
ambientboy
...from the internet

First Name: Dan
Trading: (0)
RA
ambientboy is on a distinguished road

What I do when I'm bored....

ambientboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 11:15 PM   #1604
spectrrr
Back in the midwest!

First Name: Frank
Trading: (20)
LGC
spectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambientboy View Post
What I do when I'm bored....

Nice Dan, whats shakin? you make Shack this year? (I didn't)
Old 11-23-2011, 11:17 PM   #1605
spectrrr
Back in the midwest!

LGC
spectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to all

thought about posting this in the funny pics thread, but seemed more appropriate here

Old 11-23-2011, 11:53 PM   #1606
Sauer Grapes
Snatchin' yo people up

Trading: (44)
Cohiba
Sauer Grapes has disabled reputation

She could have just taken one step backwards. :-)
Sauer Grapes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 08:20 AM   #1607
kenstogie
following the whiterabbit

Trading: (3)
Army (Active)
kenstogie will become famous soon enough

Random photos some are just phone camera shots.

Old 12-15-2011, 11:45 PM   #1608
Wolfgang
Back from the dead

Trading: (14)
HdM
Wolfgang is a jewel in the roughWolfgang is a jewel in the roughWolfgang is a jewel in the roughWolfgang is a jewel in the rough

Taking a semester off from school to shoot around the country. Somewhere new every few weeks should be fun. Any MUST HAVE gear you all can think of?

2 bodies
11-16 2.8
24-70 2.8
80-200 2.8
3 flashes and wireless triggers
6 batteries
100gb+ of cards
sensor dusters
eneloops+chargers
Old 12-16-2011, 01:48 AM   #1609
spectrrr
Back in the midwest!

LGC

oh man, that sounds awesome, inspirational, and I'm officially jealous!

Specific gear depends a bit on what kind of photography you're planning on focusing on and how your getting to where you go. Driving all the time? Will you always have your car as a "home base" to store extra stuff you don't have with you?

Something to hold it all, make it a nice modular system. Maybe a way to take a subset of that with you if its raining.

www.thinktankphoto.com makes terrific gear belts n pouches. I highly recommend their stuff. I also have a number of them, so if you have "what do you think of X" questions, shoot me a message.

I took a lowepro slingshot 200AW with me to London years ago. PRO was that I had all my gear QUICKLY accessible in a unobtrusive looking sling bag (1Dmk2, 17-40,70-200,85,flash). CON that I discovered the hard way is that after many weeks of all that weight bearing down on one shoulder is NOT a good thing. Recommend the bag for short trips / days... but not for long days / many days.

Take a look at www.lensbaby.com , it might fit some of what you're doing on the inspirational side of life. I've had a Muse and a Control Freak for many years. I rarely use them, but they're loads of fun when I do!!
Old 12-16-2011, 09:02 AM   #1610
kenstogie
following the whiterabbit

Trading: (3)
Army (Active)
kenstogie will become famous soon enough

Nice Wolfgang, I am officialy happy for you and unofficially jealous.
Old 12-16-2011, 09:53 AM   #1611
J0eybb
Feeling up at Home

First Name: Joe
Trading: (5)
J0eybb will become famous soon enough

Just laying around by J0eybb, on Flickr
J0eybb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 02:32 PM   #1612
Wolfgang
Back from the dead

HdM
Wolfgang is a jewel in the roughWolfgang is a jewel in the roughWolfgang is a jewel in the roughWolfgang is a jewel in the rough

Specific gear depends a bit on what kind of photography you're planning on focusing on and how your getting to where you go. Driving all the time? Will you always have your car as a "home base" to store extra stuff you don't have with you?

Im generally a landscape/architecture guy. Ill have it all jammed into a Pelican 1510 roller case. I do also have a canon backpack if i do venture off. Most recently i have been looking into the Sun sniper one pro leather camera strap. Any experience?

www.thinktankphoto.com makes terrific gear belts n pouches. I highly recommend their stuff. I also have a number of them, so if you have "what do you think of X" questions, shoot me a message.

I was looking at their pixelposcket rocket to hold all the cf cards. I like my otter box but its bulky.

I took a lowepro slingshot 200AW with me to London years ago. PRO was that I had all my gear QUICKLY accessible in a unobtrusive looking sling bag (1Dmk2, 17-40,70-200,85,flash). CON that I discovered the hard way is that after many weeks of all that weight bearing down on one shoulder is NOT a good thing. Recommend the bag for short trips / days... but not for long days / many days.

Take a look at www.lensbaby.com , it might fit some of what you're doing on the inspirational side of life. I've had a Muse and a Control Freak for many years. I rarely use them, but they're loads of fun when I do!!

I loved mine before I got the 24TSE

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenstogie View Post
Nice Wolfgang, I am officialy happy for you and unofficially jealous.
Quite a bit of negative things are stacking up right now so i jumped on the F it train and am going to enjoy myself. Plus working retail for the holiday season has killed xmas for me.
Old 12-16-2011, 02:34 PM   #1613
Wolfgang
Back from the dead

HdM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J0eybb View Post

Just laying around by J0eybb, on Flickr
Neat! Next time you should change your shirt. Maybe different sports teams?? Could be fun. Well executed though.
Old 12-16-2011, 03:18 PM   #1614
J0eybb
Feeling up at Home

First Name: Joe
Trading: (5)
J0eybb will become famous soon enough

Yeah this was just a test. Bored, poor lighting, noisy, etc.

The next one, better location, wardrobe, and shaving of the face. This way there are more "characters". Maybe clean up a little too.
J0eybb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 06:47 PM   #1615
spectrrr
Back in the midwest!

LGC

Im generally a landscape/architecture guy. Ill have it all jammed into a Pelican 1510 roller case. I do also have a canon backpack if i do venture off. Most recently i have been looking into the Sun sniper one pro leather camera strap. Any experience?

Ahh, landscape is the style that eludes me. Much more of a journalism / people guy.
Nope, no experience with the leather strap. I've always used the stock camera straps.

I was looking at their pixelposcket rocket to hold all the cf cards. I like my otter box but its bulky.

I don't have their pixelpocketrocket. I always just threw cards in a little flip open pouch on my belt till i got home to download them.

Speaking of downloading, I'd recommend an external drive as a secondary storage device. You want to have a copy of the pics in two places at all times... and ideally, the hard drive doesn't get stored with the laptop.

I loved mine before I got the 24TSE

TSE = tilt shift? nice

Quite a bit of negative things are stacking up right now so i jumped on the F it train and am going to enjoy myself. Plus working retail for the holiday season has killed xmas for me.

I grew up in a family retail business. Semi-permanently killed the xmas holiday for me, cuz all my warm fuzzy memories are working my ass off pandering to rude customers, and then we were too tired to do anything on Christmas except sleep half the day!
Old 12-16-2011, 08:39 PM   #1616
Wolfgang
Back from the dead

HdM

Speaking of downloading, I'd recommend an external drive as a secondary storage device. You want to have a copy of the pics in two places at all times... and ideally, the hard drive doesn't get stored with the laptop.

Ill always have my laptop and external HDD along but at the same time Im not one who is usually paranoid about corruption. Should it happen I know not to format the card and just recover whats on it with Rescue Pro

I grew up in a family retail business. Semi-permanently killed the xmas holiday for me, cuz all my warm fuzzy memories are working my ass off pandering to rude customers, and then we were too tired to do anything on Christmas except sleep half the day!

Gotta pay for the tickets to go places some how. SIGH....

Some Snaps from my Miami Adventure. At the Vizcaya.

Old 12-18-2011, 07:51 AM   #1617
JeffyB

Here's a link for my sets on Flickr. Most are from various volksmarches and places visited while stationed in Germany.
Old 12-21-2011, 10:45 AM   #1618
MrClean
Bald Man

First Name: Jeff
Trading: (28)
Montecristo
MrClean is a jewel in the roughMrClean is a jewel in the roughMrClean is a jewel in the rough

Just rented a 50mm 1.2L lens for the week. Figured it would be good for capturing the Christmas festivities. I can't wait to start shooting with this one. Got to get a good family picture, tired of everyone complaining about not having one of us.....lol.
Old 12-21-2011, 10:38 PM   #1619
colinb913
Workin' at a Cigar Shop

First Name: Colin
Trading: (1)
Partagas
colinb913 is on a distinguished road

Just doing a little messing around in the humidor, and decided to take some pictures. These are just with a HTC Inspire 4g camera. So yes, cell phone pictures. I did a little messing with them in iPhoto, but not a whole lot.

Old 12-22-2011, 02:09 AM   #1620
spectrrr
Back in the midwest!

LGC

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrClean View Post
Just rented a 50mm 1.2L lens for the week. Figured it would be good for capturing the Christmas festivities. I can't wait to start shooting with this one. Got to get a good family picture, tired of everyone complaining about not having one of us.....lol.
That's a sweet lens!!! But be reallllllly careful with that depth of field! I've got a 35mm 1.4L and you'd be amazed how quick it goes out of focus! ESPECIALLY with people. It's almost impossible to take a picture of two people in the same frame. Even one person is difficult, the nose might be pin sharp and the eyes blurry as vaseline. Not saying it can't be done... and when it comes out right, its a great photo! just, be aware that pics that look good in the camera often are A LOT blurrier than you realized once you get back and look on the computer.