Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Jokes

Old 11-02-2008, 11:42 AM   #1
G G
BR549

First Name: Greg
Trading: (10)
Bolivar
G G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant future
Default For the fishermen

A man was on the water for his weekly fishing trip. He began his day with an 8-pound bass on the first cast, then landed a 7-pounder on the second. On the third cast he had just caught his first-ever bass over 11 pounds when his cell phone rang. It was a doctor notifying him that his wife had just been in a terrible accident and was in critical condition and in the ICU. The man told the doctor to inform his wife where he was and that he'd be there as soon as possible.

As he hung up, he realized he was leaving what was shaping up to be his best day ever on the water. So, he decided to get in a couple of more casts before heading to the hospital. He ended up fishing the rest of the morning, finishing his trip with a stringer like he'd never seen -- including three bass over 10 pounds. He was jubilant. Then he remembered his wife. Feeling guilty, he dashed to the hospital. He saw the doctor in the corridor and asked about his wife's condition.

The doctor glared at him and said, "You went ahead and finished your fishing trip didn't you? I hope you're proud of yourself. While you were out for the past four hours enjoying yourself on the pond, your wife has been languishing in the ICU. It's just as well you went ahead and finished, because it will be more than likely the last fishing trip you ever take. You see, for the rest of her life she'll require around-the-clock care, and you'll be her caregiver."

The man was feeling so guilty, he broke down and sobbed.

Then the doctor chuckled and said, "I'm just pulling your leg. She's dead. What'd you catch?"
G G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 07:34 PM   #2
Molarman777

Default Re: For the fishermen

Ouch.
Old 11-06-2008, 07:36 PM   #3
Mugen910
I <3 Huy

First Name: Location
Trading: (106)
HUpmann MarineCorps (Served With Honor)
Mugen910 has disabled reputation