Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 08-07-2013, 12:49 PM   #61
chaase321
ZOTL's mmmmm brainssss

First Name: Cole
Trading: (81)
Partagas
chaase321 is a jewel in the roughchaase321 is a jewel in the roughchaase321 is a jewel in the roughchaase321 is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Fourth Annual Fantasy Football for Stakes and the Troops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Deg View Post
Scott, my rant was in no way to get you to quit. And by reading your reply, the problem is people not communicating. As commissioner and cocommissioner you and Cole, should just say to the people that couldn't follow the very simple rules, that they are not welcome back.
And tell the people that are in communication is the key. If they know there will be weeks at a time that they can't send an email or worse the pass this league isn't for them.
I am sorry you have had so many problems in the past. I did not realize that many people did not follow a simply rule of doing the right thing and communicating.
Thanks for all your hard work
Coach
Ok gents,

Before anyone jumps ship (anyone other than Stephen who just can't do it this year), I wanted to say a couple things...

This has been a great league over the years, and I was fortunate enough to jump in last year, so I am very excited to either be in charge this year, or help the person that is in charge. That said, I sent an email to Scott to see if I can beg him back into the league. Mike, I don't think your post was intended to make people mad...but the previous talks with Scott has allowed me to see that this is somewhat of a difficult league to run because people do not stay vested and being the "azzhole" who has to track someone down because they didn't pay up their bets, their entries, or they are stalling on the pass makes it a pain and a lot of work for someone who just wants to have a fun league that brings sticks to the troops.

That said, I don't think that the actual "rules" of the fantasy league are changing much this year. I think we should go back to the free for all waivers set up, and the rest of the rules that have changed slightly (biggest being the QB scoring) won't really require anyone to read the rules.

I think what the big concern is here is that people:
1.) Get their entry sticks in BEFORE the season starts
2.) Pay up on their bets
3.) Don't hold up, lose, destroy, or otherwise hurt the pass that is worth $400+ and a VERY COOL part of this league.

That said, we all know Scott is a generous brother, and doesn't like to upset others. I also am generous and kind...however, I think we need to be strict about the above listed rules 1-3. If you can't get your sh!t together, then we may just ask that you are not in the league the next year. We all want to have fun, and it sucks if 1 or 2 people aren't as committed to the next guy in line, or to the troops.

I think we will still have a full league this year, and hopefully everyone comes back. I will give this post about 3-5 days for comment and then I will finalize everything in the league and get everyone the results of the rule updates and pass rules. Then...we can actually have fun talking crap and playing football...and smoking some d@mn fine cigars in the process!!

Also, since Stephen is out, I would like Tony Jarvis to take his place. I can vouch for Tony, so I will send him a PM letting him know some of the "important" things.

Finally, I assure you guys that I can keep everything in order for this league. I don't have room to store sticks, but dagnabit, if I have to, I'll go get a cooler and some beads to make sure everything is taken care of
Old 08-07-2013, 01:56 PM   #62
Stephen
Sultan of Cigars

First Name: Stephen
Location: Where the Pony Express began and Jesse James ended.
Trading: (18)
Stephen has a spectacular aura aboutStephen has a spectacular aura aboutStephen has a spectacular aura about

Guys, I do feel bad about not being able to participate this season, but unfortunately circumstances simply will not permit me to be a dedicated member of this league, which frankly, it deserves.

Scott, you're the heart and soul of this league. If you leave, it ceases to exist. In short, get the sand out of your vajayjay.

Cole, thank you for stepping up and help shoulder the burden of running a far-flung league and no doubt headache filled league. An easy fix to deadbeats is until their league entry is paid, they don't get an invite email to register their team. Set a hard deadline, and if payment isn't received by that date, actively seek to replace them. Sucks, but sometimes you have to do sucky things to weed out deadbeat owners.
Stephen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 06:59 PM   #63
BeerAdvocate
BeerHunter

First Name: Travis
Trading: (45)
VR
BeerAdvocate has a spectacular aura aboutBeerAdvocate has a spectacular aura aboutBeerAdvocate has a spectacular aura about

Im still in!
Old 08-08-2013, 12:29 AM   #64
Mattso3000
Will ninja for beer

First Name: Matt
Trading: (20)
HdM
Mattso3000 is a jewel in the roughMattso3000 is a jewel in the roughMattso3000 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerAdvocate View Post
Im still in!
Me too.

Cole...should we send the entry sticks to you, then? I sent off 100 troop sticks to Scott last week to cover my first few bets.
Mattso3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 08:20 AM   #65
chaase321
ZOTL's mmmmm brainssss

Partagas
chaase321 is a jewel in the roughchaase321 is a jewel in the roughchaase321 is a jewel in the roughchaase321 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattso3000 View Post
Me too.

Cole...should we send the entry sticks to you, then? I sent off 100 troop sticks to Scott last week to cover my first few bets.
I think I should be able to store everything. I have a 48qt cooler that is empty, and about 7-10 boveda packs that are all 70%, so I should be able to store all the sticks this year in that.

I am really busy at work today, but tomorrow I should be able to focus on getting everything straightened out for this and I will make a post about everything, AND send a PM with the exact same info as the post that way everyone gets all the info.

This post/pm will contain the pass rules, the "small" league rule changes, and directions for submitting troop sticks and entry sticks.

Thanks for being patient guys!!!

Also, I would like to get a draft date set...any thoughts? The sunday before the season starts is also labor day weekend (and a special day my wife and I share ) so, maybe the week before would work? Or the Wednesday before the season starts? Let me know if anyone has any days that DON'T work for them.

Thanks!
Old 08-09-2013, 10:45 AM   #66
chaase321
ZOTL's mmmmm brainssss

Partagas

ATTENTION: THE DRAFT WILL BE HELD FRIDAY AUGUST 30TH at 8:00PM EST. Please let me know if this doesn’t work, we can still change this.

LEAGUE MEMBERS, Here are the changes (for the better) this season, We have had some discussion online about these, and people have had time to express their opinions. Ultimately, a decision has to be made, and being the new Commissioner, I think these changes are for the better and these are the ones I will implement this year:

***First, the biggest change: QB’s will NO LONGER receive 1 point per completion, last year we had QBs that were basically beating whole teams! Also, QB’s will only receive 4 points per TD, not 6. This should help keep QB rankings in line with RB’s and WR’s.
***Again, this is the only change this year that could have a negative impact on your draft if you think QBs are still the big scorers…THEY ARE NOT!

And now, the rest of the minor changes:
1. Kickers will no longer incur a -1 point deduction for missed FGs over 50 yards
2. The TE position will now be a “Flex” (QB/RB/WR/TE) position, we will start 8 players now. (QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, FLEX, D, Kicker), 6 bench players, and 2 IR spots
3. QBs that throw for 300-399 yards in a game will earn a 3pt bonus
4. QBs that throw for 400+ yards in a game will earn a 5pt bonus (NOTE, this IS an on top bonus...so if they throw for 400+ yards, they will earn 8 total bonus points)
5. RBs/WRs that run/receive for 100 yards in a game will earn a 3 pt bonus
6. RBs/WRs that run/receive for 150 yards in a game will earn a 5 pt bonus (Same ON TOP bonus as above)

I decided to keep the Waiver Wire the same FREE FOR ALL as it has been in the past. Why change it if it has been working…which means (if you are new to the league) you can pick up Waiver’s at ANYTIME during the week after a game has been completed…you don’t have to wait until Tuesday to pick someone up, and there is no 2 day waiting period because there is no order to pick someone up…(i.e. if you want to pick up 5 guys at one time and you are the first one to click “add” on them, you get all 5 guys). SO STAY ON TOP OF IT!

Also, I decided to keep the Defensive position. Again, why change something that works.

Basically everything else is the same…which means, these changes are pretty close to being “set in stone” unless there are huge gripes from someone. This will be sent in a PM to everyone as well as being posted on the thread, so there should be NO REASON someone doesn’t know about the changes.

Thanks guys!

Remember....ITS FOR THE TROOPS!!!
Old 08-09-2013, 10:55 AM   #67
Mattso3000
Will ninja for beer

HdM
Mattso3000 is a jewel in the roughMattso3000 is a jewel in the roughMattso3000 is a jewel in the rough

Looks great, Cole. Thanks for all of the hard work.

Ha! I need to learn how to read... I'll be at work during the draft.
Old 08-09-2013, 01:22 PM   #68
chaase321
ZOTL's mmmmm brainssss

Partagas

Can you draft from work Matt? If not what nights around there work for you?

Btw guys, Matt is gonna help Co-Commish with me, thanks Matt

Also, welcome Malakai (John) to the group! He is stepping in Jeremy's spot.
Old 08-09-2013, 01:29 PM   #69
Mattso3000
Will ninja for beer

HdM

I'll have to check if I can do it on my cell phone...I'll try to do a few mock drafts to see how it works. 7 CST is right in the middle of the sort, no chance I would be able to sneak away to my office. I work 2ish to around midnight m-f so no week night really is easy for me. If I can get the cell to do it I should be fine, though.
Old 08-09-2013, 01:32 PM   #70
chaase321
ZOTL's mmmmm brainssss

Partagas

That's right, you're the UPS guy! I'm open to doing the draft on a weekend, just not sure which one...that Sunday (the 2nd I think) is Labor Day weekend, and to draft a week prior is taking a chance that a drafted guy gets hurt last preseason game....

Thoughts?
Old 08-09-2013, 02:10 PM   #71
Mattso3000
Will ninja for beer

HdM

Whatever works the best for the most people...the draft is more fun with everybody there. That being said, we're getting down to the wire so we need feedback on it quick. Sat or Sun the last weekend in Aug. would be the best for me but I can work around whatever.
Old 08-09-2013, 03:51 PM   #72
Coach Deg
C O W eieio.

First Name: Mike
Trading: (59)
Bolivar
Coach Deg is a glorious beacon of lightCoach Deg is a glorious beacon of lightCoach Deg is a glorious beacon of lightCoach Deg is a glorious beacon of lightCoach Deg is a glorious beacon of light

Did not realize that is Labor Day weekend. I'm not available Fri, Sat, or Sunday. Unless we did early 7am Sat or Sunday. Monday I'm back home in morning.
Coach Deg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 04:30 PM   #73
TJarv
In it to win it

First Name: Tony
Trading: (58)
HUpmann
TJarv has a spectacular aura aboutTJarv has a spectacular aura aboutTJarv has a spectacular aura about

I'm ok with doing it whenever

Proud member of the GMCGTPWHAFA
TJarv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 04:31 PM   #74
JenksAnejo
Thunder Up

First Name: Jarrod
Trading: (51)
Partagas
JenksAnejo has a spectacular aura aboutJenksAnejo has a spectacular aura about

I have school from 3-10pm Mon-Thurs. any time other than that works for me. Friday night would be great.
JenksAnejo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 08:19 PM   #75
BeerAdvocate
BeerHunter

First Name: Travis
Trading: (45)
VR
BeerAdvocate has a spectacular aura aboutBeerAdvocate has a spectacular aura aboutBeerAdvocate has a spectacular aura about

Friday night August 30 works for me!
Old 08-10-2013, 04:29 AM   #76
sofaman
Feeling at Home

Trading: (7)
HUpmann MarineCorps (Served With Honor)
sofaman is on a distinguished road

Any night works for me!
sofaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 01:51 AM   #77
Mattso3000
Will ninja for beer

HdM

Trying to do a mock draft...apparently Yahoo is not on my schedule. Next Mock draft is in 5 hours and 25 minutes. Damn.
Old 08-12-2013, 03:19 PM   #78
chaase321
ZOTL's mmmmm brainssss

Partagas

Alright, to be fair (and because we still have enough time to figure this out....

Here are the Draft dates: PLEASE POST YOUR ANSWER!!!

A.) Sunday August 25th at 8:00PM EST (note, there is still a preseason game for each team after this date.

B.) Friday August 31st at 8:30 PM EST

C.) Tuesday September 3rd at 8:30 PM EST

D.) Wednesday September 4th at 8:30 PM EST

This will not impart on anyone's Labor day plans, and will give everyone a fair shot at trying to get their allotted time slot. (Well, at least I hope it's fair! )

I vote "A"
Old 08-12-2013, 03:44 PM   #79
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

I'll vote A, too. So does Scott (sofaman). I just asked him and he says that works for him.
So that's 3-0 for A.
Old 08-12-2013, 03:49 PM   #80
Malakai
The Anti-Dennis

First Name: John
Trading: (34)
RA
Malakai will become famous soon enoughMalakai will become famous soon enough

I choose "A" as well. I'll take the chance someone I draft get's injured in the last preseason game.