Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 01-25-2012, 06:33 PM   #1
Remo
C.I.A

First Name: Mike
Trading: (122)
Partagas
Remo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant future
Default Can someone tell me about Casa Fuente Cigars?

My Sgt. just came back from Vegas and dropped a Casa Fuente on me from the shop in Ceasar's Palace, is it a house blend for the shop? Thanks
Old 01-25-2012, 06:45 PM   #2
EricF
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

First Name: Eric
Trading: (116)
RA
EricF is a splendid one to beholdEricF is a splendid one to beholdEricF is a splendid one to beholdEricF is a splendid one to beholdEricF is a splendid one to beholdEricF is a splendid one to beholdEricF is a splendid one to beholdEricF is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Can someone tell me about Casa Fuente Cigars?

Those are a better Opus in my opinion! They are a blend just rolled for their shop there and sometimes they have them for special events around the country. That is rare though.

I have a box of robustos and a box of corona gordas from my last 2 trips to Vegas. I ration them out as they are that yummy!!!!
Old 01-25-2012, 06:57 PM   #3
Remo
C.I.A

Partagas
Remo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant future

Sweet, thanks Eric, this is a Corona Gordo I guess, bigger than a robusto, looks like a toro, cedar wrapped with an orange ribbon on the foot
Old 01-25-2012, 07:01 PM   #4
EricF
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

RA
EricF is a splendid one to beholdEricF is a splendid one to beholdEricF is a splendid one to beholdEricF is a splendid one to beholdEricF is a splendid one to beholdEricF is a splendid one to beholdEricF is a splendid one to beholdEricF is a splendid one to behold

Yes that's it! They are a super premium just like you would consider Opus and just as if not more expensive!
Old 01-25-2012, 07:02 PM   #5
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricF View Post
Those are a better Opus in my opinion! They are a blend just rolled for their shop there and sometimes they have them for special events around the country. That is rare though.

I have a box of robustos and a box of corona gordas from my last 2 trips to Vegas. I ration them out as they are that yummy!!!!
I'm with Eric...far better than the Opus IMHO. First one I had tasted like fresh cream...
Old 01-25-2012, 07:10 PM   #6
Poronico
Teh Forever Noob

First Name: Jesse
Trading: (5)
Bolivar
Poronico will become famous soon enoughPoronico will become famous soon enough

They are pretty amazing smokes if you enjoy the Fuente profile. They are worth the splurge at 20-100 bucks a stick for the experience but I don't know about revisiting them regularly. I tend to buy one to two a year to either smoke or gift to those who REALLY enjoy the Opus and Fuente lines.
Old 01-25-2012, 07:12 PM   #7
Remo
C.I.A

Partagas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poronico View Post
They are pretty amazing smokes if you enjoy the Fuente profile. They are worth the splurge at 20-100 bucks a stick for the experience but I don't know about revisiting them regularly. I tend to buy one to two a year to either smoke or gift to those who REALLY enjoy the Opus and Fuente lines.
Very cool, I do like alot of the Fuente line and did like the one Opus I had, looking forward to this, pretty nice gesture from my boss, he said he smoked a few while in Vegas
Old 01-25-2012, 07:21 PM   #8
Poronico
Teh Forever Noob

First Name: Jesse
Trading: (5)
Bolivar
Poronico will become famous soon enoughPoronico will become famous soon enough

When I go to Vegas I always have to stop into Casa Fuente and enjoy the ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL women in cheese cloth serving me Mojitos and lighting my cigars. The experience alone is worth the trip, the smokes are just an added bonus.
Old 01-25-2012, 07:22 PM   #9
EricF
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

RA

Quote:
When I go to Vegas I always have to stop into Casa Fuente and enjoy the ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL women in cheese cloth serving me Mojitos and lighting my cigars. The experience alone is worth the trip, the smokes are just an added bonus.
Agreed 100%!
Old 01-25-2012, 07:22 PM   #10
Remo
C.I.A

Partagas

Quote:
Old 01-25-2012, 07:24 PM   #11
Superbad
Have My Own Room

First Name: Bobby
Trading: (53)
PL
Superbad has a spectacular aura aboutSuperbad has a spectacular aura aboutSuperbad has a spectacular aura about

The Casa Fuente cigars are very good, not my taste anymore, but well worth a try.
Old 01-25-2012, 07:28 PM   #12
Brooks W
Feeling at Home

Trading: (70)
Brooks W has a spectacular aura aboutBrooks W has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remo_5_0 View Post
My Sgt. just came back from Vegas and dropped a Casa Fuente on me from the shop in Ceasar's Palace, is it a house blend for the shop? Thanks
They are Opus X binder and filler with a Cammie wrapper...the wrapper lightens and sweetens up the profile quite a bit (depending on vitola) and they are usually more creamy as well...

I prefer just about any CF to the same Opus X Vitola...

~brooks
Brooks W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 07:32 PM   #13
Remo
C.I.A

Partagas

Great info. thanks brothers
Old 01-25-2012, 08:39 PM   #14
jluck
Way out there

First Name: Jared
Trading: (12)
HdM
jluck will become famous soon enoughjluck will become famous soon enough

Quote:
I THINK......
There's a Vegas trip in my future......
jluck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 09:15 PM   #15
celtic250
Smoke em if ya got em

First Name: Greg
Trading: (21)
Cohiba
celtic250 is on a distinguished road

Boy was I lucky that SmokinGator dropped one of these on me in my first NST trade! Thanks brotha!
celtic250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 11:13 PM   #16
sikk50
Just Bored Really...

First Name: Andrew
Trading: (13)
LGC
sikk50 is a glorious beacon of lightsikk50 is a glorious beacon of lightsikk50 is a glorious beacon of lightsikk50 is a glorious beacon of lightsikk50 is a glorious beacon of lightsikk50 is a glorious beacon of light

They're in my top 5
Old 01-26-2012, 07:19 AM   #17
BeerAdvocate
BeerHunter

First Name: Travis
Trading: (45)
VR
BeerAdvocate has a spectacular aura aboutBeerAdvocate has a spectacular aura aboutBeerAdvocate has a spectacular aura about

They are horrible cigars. I will give you 5 Macanudos for your 1 Casa Fuente, just to save you from smoking such a bad cigar.
Your Welcome
Old 01-26-2012, 07:56 AM   #18
CigarSquid
AKA Garryyjr

First Name: Garry
Trading: (39)
CigarSquid has a spectacular aura aboutCigarSquid has a spectacular aura aboutCigarSquid has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by jluck View Post
I THINK......
There's a Vegas trip in my future......
Same here. I have been to Vegas a few times.. All before I got into cigars. Never even seen the place. I do need to get there.

Come down to Medford, catch a flight from Allegiant for cheap.. Lets go!
Old 01-26-2012, 10:04 AM   #19
Brooks W
Feeling at Home

Trading: (70)
Brooks W has a spectacular aura aboutBrooks W has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by garryyjr View Post
Same here. I have been to Vegas a few times.. All before I got into cigars. Never even seen the place. I do need to get there.

Come down to Medford, catch a flight from Allegiant for cheap.. Lets go!
Here are some photos I took last time I was there, fwiw (for those who have never seen the place)...

http://www.halfwheel.com/?p=9482

~brooks
Brooks W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 11:37 AM   #20
Chico57
Adjusting to the Life

First Name: Dennis
Trading: (0)
Chico57 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricF View Post

I agree with you that they are better than an Opus. I too have a box of the robustos and corona gordas from my last trip to Vegas and also ration them as I will probably never have the opportunity to go there again. Yes they are "that yummy".
Chico57 is offline   Reply With Quote