Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 04-14-2009, 07:58 PM   #1
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

First Name: Andy
Trading: (4)
Partagas
Starscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to behold
Default Tea Parties

Anybody going to a tea party tomorrow? Still see the mainstream media does not cover this.

Insert quote here.
Starscream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 08:00 PM   #2
elderboy02
Lets Go Buckeyes!

First Name: Dan
Trading: (133)
Bolivar
elderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Tea Parties

I have to work.
elderboy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 08:01 PM   #3
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

Partagas
Starscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by elderboy02 View Post
I have to work.
I hear there's a big one in Cincy tomorrow.

Insert quote here.
Old 04-14-2009, 08:08 PM   #4
G G
BR549

First Name: Greg
Trading: (10)
Bolivar
G G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant future

Looks like Texas may secede from the union.
G G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 08:11 PM   #5
SSatVT
Still Watching My Back

First Name: Seth
Trading: (2)
SSatVT has disabled reputation

I wanted to, but then I looked at my schedule and saw that I have an exam from 6:30-8:30, and then I get to come home and finish my f#$!ing taxes...
Posted via Mobile Device
SSatVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 08:18 PM   #6
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

Partagas

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggainey View Post
I kinda wish the South would try it again sometimes(minus any and all racial issues). NY and CA have this country in check.

Insert quote here.
Old 04-14-2009, 08:24 PM   #7
white_s2k
The Dude Abides

First Name: Josh
Trading: (20)
white_s2k is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by andysutherland View Post
I kinda wish the South would try it again sometimes(minus any and all racial issues). NY and CA have this country in check.
Old 04-14-2009, 09:15 PM   #8
Ranger_B
Have My Own Room

First Name: Frank
Trading: (31)
Montecristo Army (Active)
Ranger_B is a jewel in the roughRanger_B is a jewel in the roughRanger_B is a jewel in the rough

No tea party but there is a cigar tax dinner Im going to.
Ranger_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 09:19 PM   #9
Ratters
Have My Own Room

Ratters is a jewel in the roughRatters is a jewel in the roughRatters is a jewel in the roughRatters is a jewel in the rough

Going to a Tea Party in Walnut Creek tomorrow. I wonder how many people are going to be there as it's not one of the big ones. Should be interesting either way.

Oh, and from one of the states with the worst government imaginable, I say GO TEXAS!
Ratters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 09:24 PM   #10
hotreds
Ephesians 2:8

Trading: (63)
Bolivar
hotreds has disabled reputation

I'll be with all of them in spirit! I understand Homeland Security is warning about the "radicals" meeting at the various tea parties! People with kids and grandkids should be very worried about what America will look like in 20 or so years.(If it is even called "America" then!)

Old 04-14-2009, 10:11 PM   #11
ChasDen

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggainey View Post
The day they do is the day I move to Texas

Chas
Old 04-14-2009, 10:13 PM   #12
white_s2k
The Dude Abides

First Name: Josh
Trading: (20)
white_s2k is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChasDen View Post
The day they do is the day I move to Texas

Chas
I got an extra room Chas. And with your woodworking skills, you could probably just build an additional house on to the property
Old 04-14-2009, 11:13 PM   #13
King James
Regard Me!

First Name: Jim
Bolivar
King James has disabled reputation

I think the nearest one is Chicago which I won't be able to make
Old 04-14-2009, 11:16 PM   #14
DrDubzz
Formerly RX2010

First Name: Tim
Trading: (34)
Bolivar AirForce (Active)
DrDubzz has a spectacular aura aboutDrDubzz has a spectacular aura about

http://drudgereport.com/flashtx.htm
DrDubzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 04:16 AM   #15
BigAl_SC
The last mango in Paris

First Name: Alan
Trading: (7)
Trinidad
BigAl_SC is on a distinguished road

A non partisan one today with expected 2 to 3k people at a restaurant (Its going to be a mad house), then the big one on Friday night put on by young republicans (top republican house rep running for governor is already posting his speech because he will get booed off for voting for bailout). I'll be at both. Bring your video cameras as Acorn has already vandalized the restaurant and will be trying to start something.
Old 04-15-2009, 04:44 AM   #16
SeanGAR
Crotchety Geezer

Trading: (3)
SeanGAR has disabled reputation

I believe that our federal government has become oppressive in its size, its intrusion into the lives of our citizens, and its interference with the affairs of our state...

Yup.
Old 04-15-2009, 07:10 AM   #17
n3uka
Feeling at Home

Trading: (30)
Cohiba
n3uka has disabled reputation

Didn't realize how many were going on in MD. Have to work so no tea party for me.

Here is the website that lists all the locations and details.
http://taxdayteaparty.com/
n3uka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 09:06 AM   #18
TheRealBonger
Still Watching My Back

First Name: Eric
Trading: (0)
TheRealBonger is on a distinguished road

I am so glad this took off. Ought to send a pretty clear message
TheRealBonger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 09:41 AM   #19
hotreds
Ephesians 2:8

Trading: (63)
Bolivar
hotreds has disabled reputation

You Might Be a "Radicalized Right-Wing Extremist" If…
by Michelle Malkin

What and who exactly are President Obama's homeland security officials afraid of these days? If you are a member of an active conservative group that opposes abortion, favors strict immigration enforcement, lobbies to protect Second Amendment rights, protests big government, advocates federalism or represents veterans who believe in any of the above, the answer is: You.

Department of Homeland Security Sec. Janet Napolitano has turned her attention away from acts of Islamic jihad on American soil (which she now refers to as "man-caused disasters"). Instead, her department is sounding the alarm over an unquantified "resurgence" in "right-wing extremism activity." On April 7, DHS sent a nine-page warning memo to law enforcement offices across the country titled "Right-wing Extremism: Current Economic and Political Climate Fueling Resurgence in Radicalization and Recruitment."

The report includes a sweeping definition of the threat:

"Right-wing extremism in the United States can be broadly divided into those groups, movements and adherents that are primarily hate-oriented (based on hatred of particular religious, racial or ethnic groups), and those that are mainly antigovernment, rejecting federal authority in favor of state or local authority, or rejecting government authority entirely. It may include groups and individuals that are dedicated to a single issue, such as opposition to abortion or immigration."

You cannot ignore the context or the timing of this DHS report. It's no small coincidence that Napolitano's agency disseminated the assessment just a week before the nationwide April 15 Tax Day Tea Party protests. The grassroots events organized by fiscal conservatives, independents, Libertarians and, yes, even some Blue Dog Democrats were fueled by the "current economic and political climate" of bipartisan profligate spending and endless taxpayer-funded bailouts. The growing success of the loose-knit movement has invited scorn, ridicule and fear-mongering from Obama's supporters. Liberal bloggers have likened the Tea Party movement to neo-Nazis, militias and even Weather Underground terrorists.

These attempts to demonize the Tea Party movement come on the heels of widespread conservative-bashing over the recent shooting sprees in Pittsburgh and Binghamton, N.Y. Taking Hillary Clinton's advice to "never waste a good crisis," left-wing pundits and analysts have blamed the tragedies on everyone from Rush Limbaugh to Fox News to the NRA.

The DHS spokespeople I talked to on Monday insisted that the report was not a politicized document and that DHS had done similar assessments on "left-wing extremism" in the past. But past domestic terrorism reports have always been very specific in identifying security threats -- such as the Animal Liberation Front and the Earth Liberation Front -- and very specific in identifying their methods and targets, including repeated physical harassment, arson and vandalism against pharmaceutical companies, farms, labs and university researchers.

By contrast, the Obama DHS report is an overarching indictment of conservatives. "Right-wing extremist chatter on the Internet continues to focus on the economy, the perceived loss of U.S. jobs in the manufacturing and construction sectors, and home foreclosures," the assessment warns. When I asked DHS spokeswoman Sara Kuban to explain who was responsible for this "extremist chatter," she could not and would not name names.

Moreover, the report relies on the work of the left-leaning Southern Poverty Law Center to stir anxiety over "disgruntled military veterans" -- a citation that gives us valuable insight into how DHS will define "hate-oriented" groups. The SPLC, you see, has designated the venerable American Legion a "hate group" for its stance on immigration enforcement. The report offers zero data, but states with an almost resentful attitude toward protected free speech: "Debates over appropriate immigration levels and enforcement policy generally fall within the realm of protected political speech under the First Amendment, but in some cases, anti-immigration or strident pro-enforcement fervor has been directed against specific groups and has the potential to turn violent."

"Potential to turn violent"? So did the hysterical fervor whipped up by Capitol Hill over the AIG bonuses, which prompted ugly death threats from across the country. No mention here, though. Not "right wing" enough. Nor will you see Obama DHS warnings to police and sheriff's departments about self-proclaimed bank terrorists such as Bruce Marks of the aggressive Neighborhood Assistance Corporation of America or the mob activists of ACORN who have committed burglary, stormed corporate executives' homes and vowed to conduct "civil disobedience" by "any means necessary" in response to the "current economic and political climate."

If you can redefine dissenting opinion as "hate," you can brand your political opponents as "extremists" -- and you can marginalize electoral threats. "Antigovernment"? "Pro-enforcement"? "Disgruntled"? Feeling taxed enough already and "recruiting" and "radicalizing" your friends and neighbors through "chatter on the Internet"?

We are all right-wing extremists now. Welcome to the club.
Old 04-15-2009, 09:46 AM   #20
BC-Axeman

Since when was wanting the Constitution followed "radical". The last time was when it was written.
I'm going to one in Santa Cruz or San Jose. Maybe both. I have to lose money to do it. I have never done a protest before.
My next protest will be a John Galt type of strike.