Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 02-02-2021, 09:29 AM   #1
cmitch
Heads up get down

First Name: Clayton
Trading: (25)
Montecristo
cmitch is just really nicecmitch is just really nicecmitch is just really nicecmitch is just really nicecmitch is just really nice
Default USPS box shortage

This is unbelieveable. Post office has no priority mail boxes of any size. We order flat rates and was told 3 weeks out. By hook and crook, I procured 3 so far but need 3 more because I've had to delay a bombing run because of it. Anybody else seeing this?
Old 02-02-2021, 09:40 AM   #2
markem
Bunion

First Name: Mark
Trading: (47)
HUpmann
markem has disabled reputation
Default Re: USPS box shortage

I'm not seeing it at the 2 post offices I go to in my area. Did you order online? They deliver those free.
Old 02-02-2021, 10:00 AM   #3
NCRadioMan
Chutney Lovebusciut

First Name: Chutney
Trading: (66)
RG
NCRadioMan has disabled reputation

I think your local is feeding you bs because somebody screwed up there. I was just in the local PO and they had tons of boxes back in the corner stacked from floor to ceiling. All sizes.

Maybe try in a neighboring county's PO? Also, unless you are sending a heavy box (for a flat rate), regular plain boxes shipped priority cost pretty much the same.
Old 02-02-2021, 10:46 AM   #4
cmitch
Heads up get down

Montecristo
cmitch is just really nicecmitch is just really nicecmitch is just really nicecmitch is just really nicecmitch is just really nice

Every bin was empty and we ordered the small flat rate boxes online at work. 3 weeks out to delivery. Yeah, it is apparent locals dropped the ball.
Old 02-02-2021, 11:22 AM   #5
longknocker
Postwhore

First Name: Greg
Trading: (82)
Cohiba
longknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant future

I Think It's Probably A Local Issue, Too. My Daughter In Atlanta Is Missing Mail From Around Christmas Time! We've Received Most Of Our Mail, But It Seems The Post Office Is Not As Efficient, Mistake Free As It Used To Be??? Blame It On COVID, I Guess.
longknocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2021, 04:07 PM   #6
jledou
Have My Own Room

First Name: Jay
Trading: (27)
Punch
jledou has a spectacular aura aboutjledou has a spectacular aura aboutjledou has a spectacular aura about

It's believable, sad but believable.
jledou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2021, 06:11 PM   #7
sigsauer
Have My Own Room

First Name: Tom
Trading: (63)
Partagas
sigsauer has a spectacular aura aboutsigsauer has a spectacular aura aboutsigsauer has a spectacular aura about

the reason there is no boxes available is that they can't do their job anymore........they have plenty of boxes but too much mail that they seem to forget how to deliver in a timely manner.........
sigsauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2021, 06:11 PM   #8
sigsauer
Have My Own Room

First Name: Tom
Trading: (63)
Partagas
sigsauer has a spectacular aura aboutsigsauer has a spectacular aura aboutsigsauer has a spectacular aura about

short answer....dump USPS and use UPS
sigsauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2021, 05:25 AM   #9
longknocker
Postwhore

Cohiba
longknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigsauer View Post
short answer....dump USPS and use UPS
Good point, Tom. More Expensive, But Worth It!. I've Never Had A Lost Package With UPS.
Old 02-03-2021, 07:29 AM   #10
cmitch
Heads up get down

Montecristo

Quote:
Originally Posted by longknocker View Post
Good point, Tom. More Expensive, But Worth It!. I've Never Had A Lost Package With UPS.
I've had worse luck with UPS. I cannot count the times they have destroyed a package of mine and claimed it was insufficiently packaged and refused to pay for it. If it cannot be dropped from a 100 story building and land on the corner, we didn't pack it right. The problem is that in the U.S., laws protect shipping companies to the point they can get away with rolling over your package with a steam roller and not have to compensate you for it. I seen a video of a FedEx working throwing a 47" flat panel TV over a fence and had it not been for the video, the recipient still would not have resolution to it. BTW, 10 small flat rate boxes arrived yesterday.
Old 02-03-2021, 07:52 AM   #11
longknocker
Postwhore

Cohiba

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmitch View Post
I've had worse luck with UPS. I cannot count the times they have destroyed a package of mine and claimed it was insufficiently packaged and refused to pay for it. If it cannot be dropped from a 100 story building and land on the corner, we didn't pack it right. The problem is that in the U.S., laws protect shipping companies to the point they can get away with rolling over your package with a steam roller and not have to compensate you for it. I seen a video of a FedEx working throwing a 47" flat panel TV over a fence and had it not been for the video, the recipient still would not have resolution to it. BTW, 10 small flat rate boxes arrived yesterday.
Wow!!! Do You Prefer Fedex Or UPS??? It Always Seems Fedex Always Takes Longer.
Old 02-03-2021, 07:53 AM   #12
longknocker
Postwhore

Cohiba

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmitch View Post
Old 02-07-2021, 12:38 PM   #13
CigarNut
F*ck Cancer!

First Name: Michael
Trading: (111)
RA
CigarNut has disabled reputation

I’ve had issues with USPS, UPS and FedEx. They are all hard to deal with when you have a problem. USPS is mostly reliable and does a fine job for a good price. UPS is second and FedEx is third, IMHO.

2 of 3 Requirements for use of the CA Rolodex: 100 posts/ 60 day membership/ participation in trade (trader rating). New members can be added at any time.
CigarNut is offline   Reply With Quote