Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Accessory Discussion / Reviews

Old 01-26-2009, 11:16 AM   #1
Brad

Default Blazer leaking butane

Any of you guys ever have a problem with your Blazer's leaking at the fill valve? Mine is. You can hear the gas coming out, but there are no visable cracks in the plastic anywhere.

Thing didnt even last a year.
Old 01-26-2009, 12:29 PM   #2
tsolomon
Have My Own Room

First Name: Tom
Trading: (31)
VR
tsolomon has a spectacular aura abouttsolomon has a spectacular aura abouttsolomon has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Blazer leaking butane

Mine wouldn't shutoff after using it and all the gas would leak out. Sent it back to Blazer on 12/30 to get it fixed under warranty and haven't heard anything from them. Sent a Xikar lighter back on the same day and got the replacement a week later.
tsolomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 12:34 PM   #3
dunng
MassHole

First Name: Greg
Trading: (59)
Bolivar
dunng has disabled reputation

Not sure, my Zippo Blu started doing that too...
Old 01-26-2009, 01:00 PM   #4
roughrider
Feeling at Home

Trading: (24)
roughrider is on a distinguished road

Damn, is it just me who thinks there is there not ONE reliable lighter out there?

The $3 Ronson is very reliable but the damn trigger is in the wrong place (right next to the flame). It starts to get very hot after toasting and trying to light the cigar. It would be great if it had a side trigger.
roughrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 01:06 PM   #5
Brad

Quote:
Originally Posted by roughrider View Post
Damn, is it just me who thinks there is there not ONE reliable lighter out there?

The $3 Ronson is very reliable but the damn trigger is in the wrong place (right next to the flame). It starts to get very hot after toasting and trying to light the cigar. It would be great if it had a side trigger.
I'm starting to think there isn't. I had high hopes for the Blazer. Any lighters I buy from now on are going to be cheapies, they don't last anyway.
Old 01-26-2009, 02:06 PM   #6
taltos
Really, really old

First Name: Paul
Trading: (3)
Punch MarineCorps (Served With Honor)
taltos is a jewel in the roughtaltos is a jewel in the roughtaltos is a jewel in the roughtaltos is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad View Post
Any of you guys ever have a problem with your Blazer's leaking at the fill valve? Mine is. You can hear the gas coming out, but there are no visable cracks in the plastic anywhere.

Thing didnt even last a year.
If you have a thin bladed screw driver try to tighten the collar on the fill valve. That might help.
taltos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 04:29 PM   #7
Brad

Quote:
Originally Posted by taltos View Post
If you have a thin bladed screw driver try to tighten the collar on the fill valve. That might help.
Yep, tried that, no luck.
Old 01-26-2009, 05:29 PM   #8
ChINaMaN1472

Quote:
Originally Posted by roughrider View Post

All products made have some sort of failure rate. It sucks that you, or a fellow member here, has to get it, but it happens.

TBH, I see more Blazers get sold and see less of them have problems than any other lighters in a similar price range, as far as non-table lighters go.
Old 01-26-2009, 07:45 PM   #9
Silound
ex-CS Swamp Gorilla

Trading: (15)
Bolivar
Silound will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChINaMaN1472 View Post
All products made have some sort of failure rate. It sucks that you, or a fellow member here, has to get it, but it happens.

TBH, I see more Blazers get sold and see less of them have problems than any other lighters in a similar price range, as far as non-table lighters go.
This is more or less the truth.

We sell on average, around 20 Blazer torches, 10 Colibri lighters, one or two high dollar premium lighters (Davidoff, Bugatti, ST, Lotus, Porsche Design, etc), and a dozen or so cheapies per month at the shop. Without fail, the most common two that have problems are the cheapies and Colibri, with a return rate of around 50%. Almost all of those translate to Blazer purchases, and we see maybe one or two Blazers come back a month for basic service like cleaning and adjusting.

Overall, I've sent back a grand total of maybe 10 Blazers for actual repairs (beyone what I could do at the shop). It really sucks that you hit a bad one, but they do happen, regardless of how good the product line is.

I strongly suggest returning it for a replacement, or even contacting Blazer. They do have a 3 year warranty that will cover all sorts of things, including some outright abuse.
Old 01-27-2009, 08:05 AM   #10
tsolomon
Have My Own Room

VR
tsolomon has a spectacular aura abouttsolomon has a spectacular aura abouttsolomon has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silound View Post
I strongly suggest returning it for a replacement, or even contacting Blazer. They do have a 3 year warranty that will cover all sorts of things, including some outright abuse.
I love my Blazer and I'm waiting for them to return it, but it's just taking longer than I thought it would. I will probably order a second one as I think the lighter is that good.

Blazer has a 1 year warranty according to their website.

HOW LONG DOES WARRANTY COVERAGE LAST?
One year from original date of purchase (Original proof of purchase required). Warranty coverage ends when a products becomes unusable for reasons other than defects in workmanship or material.

WHAT IS NOT COVERED?
Product failures due to misuse, abuse, or normal wear and tear are not covered by this warranty.
Old 01-27-2009, 08:58 PM   #11
Silound
ex-CS Swamp Gorilla

Trading: (15)
Bolivar
Silound will become famous soon enough

What they tell you and what the actually do are possibly vastly separate

Or maybe we get a better setup due to being a retailer, I don't know. I do know that they'll take back just about anything we send them for free repair or replacement though.

Turn around for us is usually about 2 months.
Old 02-06-2009, 02:52 PM   #12
tsolomon
Have My Own Room

VR

It took a month, but I got my Blazer back today just in time for the weekend. They repaired it and sent it back at no cost.
Old 02-06-2009, 03:02 PM   #13
zmancbr
CERTIFIED THREAD KILLER!!

First Name: Zach
Trading: (41)
HUpmann
zmancbr has disabled reputation

I would strongly encourage anyone who has issues with lighters to go xikar... they have a lifetime warranty and some of the best customer service in the Business IMO. Never had an issue with anything from them!
zmancbr is offline   Reply With Quote