Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 05-10-2009, 11:54 AM   #41
rennD
NinfaManiac

First Name: Carl
Trading: (19)
Cohiba Navy (Served With Honor)
rennD has a spectacular aura aboutrennD has a spectacular aura aboutrennD has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Beautiful Riding

Quote:
Originally Posted by bvilchez View Post
TEMECULA!?!?!?! I'm moving out there in June. Beautiful place to ride for sure. We might have to organize an IE herf one day Boss Hogg.
Name the date/time/location I know starmike lives up there too
Old 06-28-2009, 04:19 PM   #42
Boss Hogg
Adjusting to the Life

First Name: Curt
Trading: (3)
Boss Hogg is on a distinguished road

Hey all. I just finished my three day rider safety course. I am very happy to be done with it (mostly due to the weather ).

Learned a lot of cool things. I recommend it to anyone considering learning more about riding
Boss Hogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 06:56 PM   #43
gorob23
Brother of the Leaf

First Name: Rob
Trading: (0)
gorob23 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss Hogg View Post
The weather is perfect out here in Temecula Ca. I took my Harley out for a good 2 hour cruise in wine country Temecula. The scenery was amazing. I don't think I've ever gone back there before. I need to stop in at those wineries to have a smoke and a glass. Any other riders out there in this good weather feel free to chime in? See you out there
I rode to the beach today (rusty mountain bike ) weather was great and I got to play volleyball

Rob
gorob23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 09:19 PM   #44
Boss Hogg
Adjusting to the Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorob23 View Post
I rode to the beach today (rusty mountain bike ) weather was great and I got to play volleyball

Rob
Outstanding Are you local? We should go for a ride and a smoke
Old 06-30-2009, 05:52 PM   #45
Boss Hogg
Adjusting to the Life

Just got back from an excellent ride up to Idlewild with a buddy of mine. It was hot until we got half way up there then the weather was nice. We stopped in at a nice little restaurant up there called the Red Kettle? Great burgers

The ride back was nice... a lot of turns . All in all a great day
Old 06-30-2009, 06:14 PM   #46
vankleekkw
Still Watching My Back

First Name: Kris
Bolivar
vankleekkw is on a distinguished road

Chicago has been throwing a lot of crappy weather my way. Have only been out less than 20 times this summer.
vankleekkw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 07:03 PM   #47
Boss Hogg
Adjusting to the Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by vankleekkw View Post
Chicago has been throwing a lot of crappy weather my way. Have only been out less than 20 times this summer.
Ouch... I feel for you brother. Hang in there
Old 07-01-2009, 11:28 AM   #48
Cigary

I miss riding there since moving to Hotlanta,,,riding up to Big Bear or Lake Arrowhead was always fun,,,,,the ocean along San Diego up to San Clemente. I might have to take a ride down to Florida and the Keys,,,yeah, that's it,,the Keys!
Old 07-01-2009, 12:35 PM   #49
Boss Hogg
Adjusting to the Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigary View Post
I miss riding there since moving to Hotlanta,,,riding up to Big Bear or Lake Arrowhead was always fun,,,,,the ocean along San Diego up to San Clemente.
Big Bear is definitely on my to do list. The beach is alwasy pleasant too. Bro, why did you make the move? We need more of you out here

Quote:
I might have to take a ride down to Florida and the Keys,,,yeah, that's it,,the Keys!
That sounds like an awesome ride. Someday I'll have do this also
Old 07-02-2009, 12:59 AM   #50
livwire68
Las Vegas Herf Crew

Trading: (7)
SLR
livwire68 is on a distinguished road

I was having a great ride the other day, lost in my own little world going down the freeway (I know I was still in town but enjoying the ride anyhow) The motorcycle cop also thought it was a good day to ride. When he seen me go by, he couldnt wait to join me. So I pulled over to have a general conversation with a fellow biker. And it went something like this: Cop- 90 in a 65? Me- I shrug like "so"! Well I am sure you know how the rest of the story goes, except he got me also for having out of state tags. And the lawyer wont be able to help me on this one, so I will have to change over my tags, go to driving school and pay out the ass, all because I was having a good day. I kind of wish I was going faster to make it worth while, hind sight 20/20.
Anyhow keep the rubber to the ground and the shiney side up!
Old 07-02-2009, 01:14 AM   #51
MarkinAZ
Formerly MarkinOR

First Name: Mark
Trading: (40)
Navy (Served With Honor)
MarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to behold

I don't ride, but my good neighbor across the way from us has a nice HD "shovel" I believe its called, and boy does that bike sound beautiful when he fires it up!

He once told me that he has a can of nitro fuel that he mixes with the regular gas in the tank to kick up the octane a smidge. When he kicks it over, the engine simply purrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrssssss
Old 07-02-2009, 03:44 PM   #52
Boss Hogg
Adjusting to the Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by livwire68 View Post
I was having a great ride the other day, lost in my own little world going down the freeway (I know I was still in town but enjoying the ride anyhow) The motorcycle cop also thought it was a good day to ride. When he seen me go by, he couldnt wait to join me. So I pulled over to have a general conversation with a fellow biker. And it went something like this: Cop- 90 in a 65? Me- I shrug like "so"! Well I am sure you know how the rest of the story goes, except he got me also for having out of state tags. And the lawyer wont be able to help me on this one, so I will have to change over my tags, go to driving school and pay out the ass, all because I was having a good day. I kind of wish I was going faster to make it worth while, hind sight 20/20.

Sorry to hear about your experience. That will always put a damper on a ride. If you don't mind telling, where were you when this happened?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkinCA View Post
I don't ride, but my good neighbor across the way from us has a nice HD "shovel" I believe its called, and boy does that bike sound beautiful when he fires it up!

He once told me that he has a can of nitro fuel that he mixes with the regular gas in the tank to kick up the octane a smidge. When he kicks it over, the engine simply purrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrssssss
That sounds is unforgetably beautiful
Old 07-02-2009, 03:47 PM   #53
WildBlueSooner
I'm nuts for the place

First Name: James
AirForce (Served With Honor)
WildBlueSooner has a spectacular aura aboutWildBlueSooner has a spectacular aura aboutWildBlueSooner has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by livwire68 View Post
That sucks!

Just kidding!
Old 07-02-2009, 10:00 PM   #54
livwire68
Las Vegas Herf Crew

SLR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss Hogg View Post
Sorry to hear about your experience. That will always put a damper on a ride. If you don't mind telling, where were you when this happened?
In Vegas! And I thought it was sin city, I guess speeding is not a sin!
Old 07-02-2009, 11:54 PM   #55
Bruzee
Have My Own Room

First Name: D
Trading: (30)
Partagas
Bruzee has disabled reputation

Man I rode to Kings Canyon and Sequoia National Forests today. It was an absolutely beautiful ride at about 65 degrees. I saw some big ass trees and beautiful roaring rapids. Couldn't have been better weather and very little traffic. Great day on the hog.
Old 07-03-2009, 05:31 AM   #56
Volt
I'm nuts for the place

ERdM Navy (Retired)
Volt has disabled reputation

Quote:
I miss riding there since moving to Hotlanta,,,riding up to Big Bear or Lake Arrowhead was always fun,,,,,the ocean along San Diego up to San Clemente. I might have to take a ride down to Florida and the Keys,,,yeah, that's it,,the Keys!
Your within 1 to 2 hours of some of the best motorcycle riding I have ever done. The Smokies, ride along teh Nantahala River, hwy 129 (Dragon), etc. I would be in deep **** with the boss and wife if I lived there
Old 07-07-2009, 09:20 AM   #57
Bruzee
Have My Own Room

First Name: D
Trading: (30)
Partagas
Bruzee has disabled reputation

I rode Yosemite National Park yesterday, and put 300 miles on my bike. What a beautiful ride. Absolutely breathtaking views up there.
Old 07-07-2009, 11:20 AM   #58
Boss Hogg
Adjusting to the Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruzee View Post
I rode Yosemite National Park yesterday, and put 300 miles on my bike. What a beautiful ride. Absolutely breathtaking views up there.

Dustin, that sounds like an incredible ride. .... must go take the bike out this instant....
Old 07-07-2009, 02:54 PM   #59
e-man67
Big Drunkin Monkey!!

First Name: Eric
Trading: (29)
PL
e-man67 has a spectacular aura aboute-man67 has a spectacular aura aboute-man67 has a spectacular aura about

I had a 1967 Harley Shovelhead that I redid back in 2000 and just sold it last year...man I miss riding! All the dudes I rode with had older hogs (77 FLH, 77 Sport, 55FL Panhead) it was a blast...I don't recall ever being that relaxed. After the wife and I had our son she wouldn't ride anymore...it got to be I was riding 2-3 times per year so I sold it to a good friend...thought I could fill the void with a musclecar so I bought a 1973 Mustang convertible with the 351c...very nice and fast...but it just isn't the same...miss my bike.
e-man67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 05:19 PM   #60
livwire68
Las Vegas Herf Crew

SLR

I finally got a job! I start tomorrow so I thought I would ride by and check it out. And when I was done decided to to make a run up to Caliente, NV for lunch. About a 330 mile round trip in 107 degree heat. Yea my face hurts wind/sunburnt. I need to remember to keep sunscreen on the bike. I did do my arms and they still burnt. Cold shower here I come!!!