Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-09-2013, 08:02 PM   #1
borndead1
Ayatollah of Rock n Rolla

First Name: Mark
Trading: (7)
Partagas
borndead1 has a spectacular aura aboutborndead1 has a spectacular aura about
Default My Uzi Weighs a Ton +11

First off, what a dumbass name for a cigar. They are running out of good cigar names just like they are running out of good band names.

I saw these on sale last year at FS for like $52/bundle of 10 with free shipping. The other cigars in this line are way too fat for me, but this one fit the bill at 5.5" and 52 RG.

I let my bundle rest for a few weeks and tried one of these, and honestly it was terrible. I was digging through the humi for something new tonight and decided to give these another shot. And what a difference 6 months make. This is actually a very tasty smoke. Fuller side of medium "strength", nice sweet flavor on the draw, woodsy/toasty through the nose, and a tangy tobacco finish. This cigar smells and tastes like a CIGAR. In fact, I think I just heard my neighbor slam their window shut in disgust.

About 1/3 in, a very nice coconut flavor has crept in. I can taste it in the nose and also on the finish. I am diggin' this cigar. I'm already looking on FS and C-bid to score some more. Good burn, good draw. *Side note* I've experienced very few construction problems with Drew Estate cigars. Even the short filler La Vieja Habana have always performed well.

A little past halfway...still tasting the coconut, but it has taken on a toasty flavor too. Tangy finish.

Last 1/3....coconut is gone. Toasty leather is all I can say. Let 'er die at around 1".

Final thoughts...great smoke! I'm glad I gave it a second chance.