Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Old 11-06-2008, 08:56 PM   #1
spincycle

Default Taboo Limited Reserve Maduro Robusto

Taboo Limited Reserve Maduro Robusto

Pre-Light / Construction: Just like other Taboo cigars in the Limited Reserve line the construction was fantastic. A few small veins showing on a smooth, deep coffee colour, oily wrapper. A pre-light draw had hints of spice. The cigar is firm and weighty, feels substantial in my hands, much like the other LRs I've smoked.

Taste: The LR Maddy has a med-full body with lots of flavour. Tastes of nuts, spice, and a slight undertone of coffee. As I worked my way though the cigar it developed a problem with the draw, but a vigorous purge seemed to fix it. The spice started to really kick in for the last third but it never got harsh. There was also a slight sweetness throughout the smoke, especially if I smoked it with small sips instead of long draws. Great nutty aftertaste.

Burn: Razor sharp. No corrections needed, even for a mildy windy evening.

Overall: Again, I'm really impressed with the construction of the Limited Reserve line. Really pretty cigars. The flavour had nice changes between nutty / chocolate and kept me mentally engaged. It lasted a good hour and a half. I enjoyed this with some Swiss brand dark chocolate, what a fantastic compliment to the flavours of a maduro. I`d highly suggest trying this pairing out, if you haven`t already. I`m looking forward to smoke the other LR Maddies in my humi!
Old 11-06-2008, 09:38 PM   #2
Whee
formerly illinoishoosier

First Name: Sean
Trading: (17)
Partagas
Whee is a splendid one to beholdWhee is a splendid one to beholdWhee is a splendid one to beholdWhee is a splendid one to beholdWhee is a splendid one to beholdWhee is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Taboo Limited Reserve Maduro Robusto

Nice review. I like the LR Connecticut as well. The LR Havana? Eh, not so much...

But they are all extremely well constructed cigars. Rob and crew have done good on this one.
Old 11-06-2008, 09:48 PM   #3
Taboo Cigars
www.TabooCigars.com

Trading: (9)
Bolivar Navy (Served With Honor)
Taboo Cigars has a spectacular aura aboutTaboo Cigars has a spectacular aura about

Lately I have been hearing about pairing the cigars with chocolate.
(LR Mad, Dom Mad and the Twist)
I tried this the other day with the LR Mad and the Dom mad.
I really enjoyed it. I have to go buy more chocolate! ha
I have also heard the same thing about coffee and the HSG. I don't drink coffee, so I will take everyone's word for it. I have heard about this from my locals and online. The reviews on forums are so much better than the mag reviews. It has been several years since I read a review in a mag. You guys do a great job.
Very interesting.
Thanks for the review.
Rob
Old 11-07-2008, 05:27 PM   #4
groogs
Have My Own Room

First Name: Grant
Trading: (62)
Trinidad
groogs will become famous soon enoughgroogs will become famous soon enough

Great Review, I have yet to try the Taboo LR's, but they just mde my list of must buy cigars.
groogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 05:31 PM   #5
nozero

I've not tried any of the Limited Reserve Taboo line since I had some samples from Rob before they were released. They were all very good as I recall, save one which was plugged.