Old 03-29-2012, 11:35 AM   #1
T.G
Grrrrrr

First Name: The Other Adam
Trading: (37)
Navy (Served With Honor)
T.G has disabled reputation
Default Good price on a kitchen scale - good through 4/4/12

Just a heads up for anyone who has been wanting a decent kitchen scale but doesn't want to spend a fortune to get one.

Harbor Freight has their house brand "Cen-Tech" scale # 95364 for the lowest price I've seen it in some time now. Sale price of $17.99 (regularly $29.99).

I've been using one of these for awhile now and found it to be a better kitchen scale than the three other more expensive, so called kitchen scales that I had previously tried and returned. The only thing I can fault it on is that the auto-shut off feature kicks in kind of quickly, so if you are adding materials to a bowl as you chop/shred, then you need to just reach over and tap the bowl every now and then to get the scale to fluctuate which will reset the auto-off timer.

5kg/11lb capacity, displays in grams, oz or lbs, resolution down to 1g / 0.05oz, large display that's far enough away and angled so that you can read it with a bowl on the platform, moisture resistant buttons, 6" diameter platform so it will fit most mixing bowls, AC or battery power, AC adapter included. For less than $20 out the door, I can't complain.

Printable coupon for those with stores in their area - less than $20 out the door in most cases.
http://widgets.harborfreight.com/wsw...9&keycode=1002

on-line link - although there is a $6.99 per order flat-rate shipping charge.
http://www.harborfreight.com/digital...tm_source=1002
T.G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 12:05 PM   #2
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Good price on a kitchen scale - good through 4/4/12

That's a good deal. I've been using a Royal ex2 postal scale for about 13 years now, it's never needed a battery. I don't think it's even possible to change it.
I do know that a 2lb. Priority Mail package was $3.20 in 1999 because of the sticker on it.
Old 03-29-2012, 01:24 PM   #3
OLS
Suck It

First Name: Brad
Trading: (19)
Bolivar AirForce (Served With Honor)
OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Good price on a kitchen scale - good through 4/4/12

I guess gone are the days of a little of this and a little of that, huh?
People be weighin' $hi+ and stuff.
OLS is offline   Reply With Quote