Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Entertainment

Old 06-27-2011, 08:34 AM   #221
Wanger

Default Re: True Blood

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
I thought it was semi-slow, but they need to set up the story lines for the new season in the first couple episodes. I do like the direction Tara and Jessica's stories are going.
I was waiting for Tara to pop her top last night. LOL

That episode nearly jumped the shark, to me. Fairyland...meh. The witches... They had it lined up for the ramp, and aborted just before they hit it.

Since not everyone has seen the episode, I'll try not to give anything away. I was surprised to see where Bill is, and wonder when we'll see Russell again. Tara's storyline will definitely be interesting to follow, assuming they keep a focus on it at all. Lafayette and the witches...hmmmm...that one has potential. Sherriff Andy...LMAO!!! Over time, I've grown to like Eric, so I hope they keep him as a major player. Sam's little get-together was quite interesting, and what the hell is going on with his little brother (and mom)? Arlene's baby..., but it seems like they're trying to set something up there.

I think that about sums up last night's episode, doesn't it? LOL

Now that it's started, at least it's something to watch while I wait for Game of Thrones to come back.
Old 06-27-2011, 08:41 AM   #222
hscmit
Have My Own Room

First Name: James
Trading: (4)
Bolivar
hscmit has a spectacular aura abouthscmit has a spectacular aura abouthscmit has a spectacular aura about

we watched last night, agree it was a little slow, so think we will wait a couple weeks and get 3/4 of them to watch in a row, get a little more story out of it

interested to see what happens with jason
hscmit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 06:51 AM   #223
Sawyer
Primitive Screwhead

First Name: Robert
Trading: (5)
Montecristo
Sawyer has disabled reputation

Episode 2 is on Comcast On Demand already.
Sawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 09:15 AM   #224
PeteSB75
Have My Own Room

First Name: Pete
Trading: (18)
Montecristo
PeteSB75 will become famous soon enough

Way too many storylines. And they keep bringing major stories with characters we just don't care about. Tara, Sam, Lafayette, Jessica/Hoyt, even Jason are all fine when they are involved in Sookie, Bill and Eric's story, otherwise I just don't care. To be honest, that's one of the things I did like about the books. Since they were written solely from Sookie's perspective, it kept them from getting too distracted with all this extra baggage. As it is, it's turning into Entourage for vampires. I'll still keep watching, but with no expectations of a story or actual dramatic tension.
Old 06-28-2011, 11:51 AM   #225
Kneo
The Second One

First Name: Anthony
Trading: (3)
Kneo will become famous soon enough

I was disappointed in the premiere. The fairy thing was to much in my opinion.
Old 07-06-2011, 08:09 AM   #226
kickerb

Well...thoughts about episode 2?

Is the lack of posts in this thread an indication that folks are not impressed with the direction of this season?
Old 07-06-2011, 08:30 AM   #227
Brutus2600
Your resident lancerHO

First Name: Brian
Trading: (46)
LGC
Brutus2600 has a spectacular aura aboutBrutus2600 has a spectacular aura aboutBrutus2600 has a spectacular aura about

I actually liked it a lot. I was worried about the fairy crap, but that actually ended up being pretty cool. I think Bill is a badass King, and Eric is always being Eric. Interesting direction they're taking Jason's character, I dunno how I feel about that, but I guess everybody else in the show has something weird/supernatural about them, so why not. Jessica's character is my gf's favorite, and I think she's a cool character too, so the storyline they're taking is interesting. All in all I'm enjoying it just as much (if not more) than the previous seasons.
Brutus2600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 08:44 AM   #228
Cornrow_Wallis
<insert user title>

First Name: Rob
Trading: (8)
Cornrow_Wallis is on a distinguished road

The panther thing confused me. I guess I don't remember from the last season, but I thought Jason's girlfriend and the other guy were werewolves. So now there are werewolves, were-panthers, and shape shifters?
Cornrow_Wallis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 08:51 AM   #229
Wanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickerb View Post
Well...thoughts about episode 2?

Is the lack of posts in this thread an indication that folks are not impressed with the direction of this season?
It's just an indication that it was a holiday weekend, and not everyone has had a chance to watch it on their DVR.

I liked it, honestly, but I really don't care for the witches and their leader. She's yet another evil beyotch that they will fight with for a season, and finally dispatch at the end (I hope). I wonder who they'll bring back to life from being a vampire. Will someone volunteer, so that they can be with their chosen human again? (Bill, Jessica, someone else?) I'm sure we will see Bill continue to pine for Sookie, and her want to be back with him, or maybe Alcide will be the one she pines for (though he hasn't shown up yet this season). I like Jessica's character and the direction they're heading with her. I hope she gets naughty. As for Eric, I have no idea what's going on there. He seems to have some sense of honor to him, and I like that. I hope that his character stays a main part of everything this year.

So far, I'm enjoying the new season.
Old 07-06-2011, 09:16 AM   #230
kickerb

Great, thanks for the feedback. I am enjoying it too. How many have you read the books? I have some friends who have read the books and are kind of upset with the direction of the show. They claim a lot of the plot is different from the book, which makes them not enjoy the series.

Anyone else dislike Tara's character? I feel like it doesn't even fit, her being in New Orleans and all. Well I do understand she is back in episode 2, but I got the feeling she would be leaving very soon. Of course, I'm not going to object to more of those steamy sex scenes with her girlfriend

Also, I about fell out of my chair when that boy was licking Jason's head wound. Jason's reaction was perfect! hahaha
Old 07-06-2011, 09:19 AM   #231
Brutus2600
Your resident lancerHO

First Name: Brian
Trading: (46)
LGC
Brutus2600 has a spectacular aura aboutBrutus2600 has a spectacular aura aboutBrutus2600 has a spectacular aura about

I haven't read the books, but I'm glad they aren't following them exactly. Apparently in the books they killed off Lafayette in the first book, but in the TV series they kept him around because he was a popular character...which is great because I think his character is hilarious.

And yes, I've become more and more annoyed with Tara's character. I was kind of excited when they didn't even have her in town in the main storyline. I was sad when they brought her back rofl (although her gf is hot!)
Brutus2600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 09:41 AM   #232
HK3-
Cashmere Jungle Lord

First Name: Boffa
Trading: (48)
Partagas
HK3- is a glorious beacon of lightHK3- is a glorious beacon of lightHK3- is a glorious beacon of lightHK3- is a glorious beacon of lightHK3- is a glorious beacon of light

Too many different things going on at once. Makes me feel like they are running out of ideas. Keep the tops coming off, that's what keeps me interested.
HK3- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 09:57 AM   #233
kickerb

I just watched the preview for episode 3. Looks like Tara is here to stay, and we even see Alcide again!
Old 07-06-2011, 10:37 AM   #234
Wanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by HK3- View Post
Too many different things going on at once. Makes me feel like they are running out of ideas. Keep the tops coming off, that's what keeps me interested.
I think Tara and Jessica need to join that parade.
Old 07-06-2011, 10:39 AM   #235
HK3-
Cashmere Jungle Lord

First Name: Boffa
Trading: (48)
Partagas
HK3- is a glorious beacon of lightHK3- is a glorious beacon of lightHK3- is a glorious beacon of lightHK3- is a glorious beacon of lightHK3- is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanger View Post
I think Tara and Jessica need to join that parade.
No doubt!
HK3- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 09:59 AM   #236
kickerb

blah, last episode was garbage, they are losing me with this season.
Old 07-13-2011, 01:26 PM   #237
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (60)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

Not a fan of the whole Jason/Panther subplot, but find some of the other story lines pretty intriguing.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 06:59 AM   #238
Wanger

Wathed the last episode last night. I had to chuckle at the line waiting for Jason. Like he'd have enough juice to impregnate all of them. Not sure where that storyline is going, whether he will actually turn or not. I'm sure that we'll find out he's something else, and can't be turned into a panther.

I laughed plenty at the "new" Eric. The fact that he was so apologetic...LOL The line of the episode: "You killed my fairy godmother!" And my wife thinks he's "pretty".

Can't stand the head witch. Looking forward to seeing her get killed off, hopefully by Eric.

How about the lawyer chick with Bill? Glad she's joined the party (unlike Jessica and Tara).

Good to see Alcide return. I like his character, but not too keen on Debbie being back, though she does look nice all cleaned up.

I thought this episode was just OK. Nothing real standout in it, IMO. Seemed more like a bridge/waste of an episode to get to something more in the future. Oh well...it's not like I'm NOT going to watch the show. LOL
Old 07-19-2011, 09:17 AM   #239
kickerb

For me, episode 4 was a great improvement to the season. I really cannot wait to see what happens to Jason with both panther and vamp in him. Well, I say that, but I could also see where that wouldn't matter. Jason has drank `V` before, so it could prove that this was just showing how his life was saved. All you book readers, try not to spoil this
Old 07-25-2011, 05:54 PM   #240
kickerb

Damn! We came so close to seeing Jessica naked. What a freaking tease!