Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 09-01-2010, 08:30 PM   #1
Starz26
Adjusting to the Life

First Name: Eric
Trading: (22)
Army (Served With Honor)
Starz26 will become famous soon enough
Default Bait and switch - Holy hot wings Batman!

So, I am in Chicago for business and I love hot wings. I begin the search for the best place near where I am staying and had a hard time finding one since the opinions varied so much. Well, I found the 2001 best hos wing winner, a shop called Jake Melnicks on Superior street...

I did not have much time so I decided on a quick lunch:

Free cab ride

I jumped in the cab at the hotel and told him where I wanted to go, he go slightly upset and said "do you know how long I have been sitting here? 30 minutes" I asked if he wanted me to get out, he said no.

Upon arriving the $5.00 fare was all I had on me and I wanted to tip him well. I handed him my CC and said I will cover the cc fee and a good tip. He immediately said "get out, have a good day" and sped off.

First batch of wings

I ordered the XXX (hotest) wings along with a tasty garlic wing that got second place. While they were hot, they were nod bad at all. The heat stayed with me and the flavor was great

Fast forward to tonight

I decided to have all my co-workers got out to eat at the same place. I though we could have fun with the hot wings and see who could tolerate them. We ordered a bunch of stuff including the XXX wings.

When they arrived you could smell the heat. I had already told everyone I could eat these and to give them a try. A few put a drop of sauce on a fork and immediatly became flushed and were uncomfortable. Laughs all around the table.

My turn, I plowed into one. Hmm, these taste a little different, they are hotter than last time. Maybe they are just fresher. 2nd wing down. Co-worker point at me from across the table and said "You all right?" I had sweat falling off my forehead....3 rd wing...I had enough.

What the hell, had it all set up as look at me eat all of these, and wimped out....

Come to find out, they sent me the wrong wings the first time. These XXX that I had tonight were covered in a sauce made entirely from the Ghost Pepper....

Holy hell......

After cooling down I ate 3 more to say I had 6 of them....they were flavorful which is the only reason I was able to do it....

Talk about karma!
Starz26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 10:35 PM   #2
Cyclone

Default Re: Bait and switch - Holy hot wings Batman!

LOL... that will learn ya
Old 09-01-2010, 10:44 PM   #3
awsmith4
Simple Pleasures - 2oL

First Name: Albert
Trading: (111)
HUpmann
awsmith4 has disabled reputation

I've had chili with just a drop of that stuff and i was in tears!
awsmith4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 10:49 PM   #4
AlohaStyle
Have My Own Room

First Name: Ryan
Trading: (40)
AlohaStyle will become famous soon enough

I would've paid for the meal just to see it Eric! LOL
AlohaStyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 04:52 AM   #5
elderboy02
Lets Go Buckeyes!

First Name: Dan
Trading: (133)
Bolivar
elderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud of

LOL. I would have loved to been there.
elderboy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 01:49 PM   #6
Starz26
Adjusting to the Life

First Name: Eric
Trading: (22)
Army (Served With Honor)
Starz26 will become famous soon enough

It was funny....boy am i feeling it today!
Starz26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 02:48 PM   #7
AD720
I'm nuts for the place

First Name: Andrew
Trading: (73)
Partagas
AD720 is a jewel in the roughAD720 is a jewel in the roughAD720 is a jewel in the rough

It really bugs me how cabbies act like you are asking them to give you a freaking kidney when you want to pay with a card! At least here in Philly, you the right to pay with a credit card - it's printed on the "Passenger Rights" and "Drivers Rights" poster in the backseat.

/rant

Funny story too.
Old 09-02-2010, 02:51 PM   #8
Tripp
Pepin Ho of the NorthWest

First Name: Tripp
Trading: (5)
Partagas
Tripp is on a distinguished road

I took my best man Justin to Salvador Molly's when he was in town to try their fireball challenge. I didn't even try, because I can't handle heat like he can, but he downed all 5 habanero cheese fritters, and all of the sauce(10 pounds of habanero, and a hand full of carrots with spices make a batch) to claim victory. The waitress came back, and Justin asked if they had anything hotter. The waitress said that they make the "Ghost Rider", but the chef wasn't in today, and the sous chef's aren't allowed to handle the ghost peppers, so we'd have to come back.

When we came back they were so busy that the chef was in the front of the house, so we had to hang out for an hour before she could make it. He scarfed that thing down in less than a minute. The chef was in awe! It was one Corn fritter containing 2 ghost peppers in the batter for 1 serving, and one used to make the the sauce. He asked if it could even get hotter, and she said that she refuses to use concentrates, and uses whole peppers only, and doesn't think she could make it hotter while keeping it edible.

He wasn't feeling so hot after a couple hours.
Old 09-02-2010, 02:55 PM   #9
markem
Bunion

First Name: Mark
Trading: (47)
HUpmann
markem has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripp View Post
Now I REALLY wish I had tagged along with you guys to dinner. That is friggin amazing!
Old 09-02-2010, 03:10 PM   #10
marge796
It Just Doesn’t Matter!!!

First Name: Chris
Trading: (28)
Cuaba Navy (Served With Honor)
marge796 will become famous soon enough

Top notch, Eric! I too love hot wings.

Chris.....
Old 09-02-2010, 03:18 PM   #11
68TriShield
Got Torque?

First Name: Dave
Trading: (40)
HUpmann
68TriShield has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripp View Post
I took my best man Justin to Salvador Molly's when he was in town to try their fireball challenge. I didn't even try, because I can't handle heat like he can, but he downed all 5 habanero cheese fritters, and all of the sauce(10 pounds of habanero, and a hand full of carrots with spices make a batch) to claim victory. The waitress came back, and Justin asked if they had anything hotter. The waitress said that they make the "Ghost Rider", but the chef wasn't in today, and the sous chef's aren't allowed to handle the ghost peppers, so we'd have to come back.

When we came back they were so busy that the chef was in the front of the house, so we had to hang out for an hour before she could make it. He scarfed that thing down in less than a minute. The chef was in awe! It was one Corn fritter containing 2 ghost peppers in the batter for 1 serving, and one used to make the the sauce. He asked if it could even get hotter, and she said that she refuses to use concentrates, and uses whole peppers only, and doesn't think she could make it hotter while keeping it edible.

He has a amazing tolerance I'd say.
I truly love hot spicy food but crazy flaming hot,I can't enjoy.
68TriShield is offline   Reply With Quote