Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 08-16-2010, 07:01 AM   #41
bigliver
Cigarmurai

First Name: Jason
Trading: (9)
Bolivar AirForce (Served With Honor)
bigliver will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Tat's New Monster Series

I'm In. Not for the lighter/cutter set, but for the stick.
Old 08-16-2010, 07:03 AM   #42
Ender
Ok, maybe just one.

First Name: Andrew
Trading: (1)
Partagas
Ender will become famous soon enoughEnder will become famous soon enough

I love the hype. Cigars for me are a hobby not a means for a nic fix so this kind of marketing just brings a bit of fun to it all. AND, for all this (providing you don't get gouged) $13 dollars is doable.
Old 08-16-2010, 07:08 AM   #43
Brutus2600
Your resident lancerHO

First Name: Brian
Trading: (46)
LGC
Brutus2600 has a spectacular aura aboutBrutus2600 has a spectacular aura aboutBrutus2600 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ender View Post
I love the hype. Cigars for me are a hobby not a means for a nic fix so this kind of marketing just brings a bit of fun to it all. AND, for all this (providing you don't get gouged) $13 dollars is doable.
$13? That's not bad really...but you're right, that's as long as the places that are selling them don't double the price just because it's the limited edition monster series
Brutus2600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 07:11 AM   #44
whodeeni

Talking Re: Tat's New Monster Series

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.G View Post
He'll never catch Kazad Havascamitoldja of Burpha, er Gurkha.
U are F'n Funny dude!
Old 08-16-2010, 01:19 PM   #45
newlifetaxidermy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ender View Post

I look at it like eating at a fine restaurant. The place can serve beautiful dishes, receive rave reviews, and be nearly impossible to obtain a reservation at, but the proof is in the pudding. If I paid $100 for a meal at one of these type establishments that was not as good as the local burger joint, I'd say the same thing. A $7 meal (what the meal is worth, not what it costs) at a restaurant that is over-hyped and over priced is still a $7 meal. Hype is good when you have something that is worth getting hyped up about. To me, I want a $13 cigar to taste like a $13 cigar, not a $6 cigar in $13 cigar packaging. I'm sure I will get my hands on a couple of the face when they come out. I always enjoy trying new cigars. However, don't expect to see me chasing down one of the collectors boxes by calling every listed vendor in the country and paying 2x MSRP. The face might be the best offering by Tatuaje yet, and if so, I'll be sure to sing its praises. But, seeing how folks went crazy over Franks, Dracs, and Boris, and then actually tasting them made me realize that the quality of the cigar is determined by the tobacco and the hands that rolled it, not the box that it came in or the limited number made.

To Pete's credit, at least he is offering more of the cigars for folks to try than in previous releases. Hopefully, this will alleviate some of the hard feelings that folks had with their local B&Ms who sold their Franks and Dracs to phone/internet customers for lots of money or who stashed them away hoping for a big time future payday.
Old 08-16-2010, 01:56 PM   #46
ucla695
Neither here, nor there

Trading: (5)
Montecristo
ucla695 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooks W View Post
That is not a band, it is another piece of tobacco...

~brooks
Yup. He's using a piece of tobacco as the band so you can smoke it the whole way thru w/o having to remove anything (i.e. regular band).
ucla695 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 03:16 PM   #47
BTcigars
Adjusting to the Life

Trading: (1)
BTcigars will become famous soon enough

There were three rollers for this cigar: One for the filler/binder, one for the wrapper, and one for the band. Cool concept.
Old 08-17-2010, 04:48 PM   #48
cigarmonkel
User Title goes here

Trading: (32)
Montecristo
cigarmonkel has a spectacular aura aboutcigarmonkel has a spectacular aura aboutcigarmonkel has a spectacular aura about

The only monster series i've had were the Boris. The Boris was a stand up smoke one of the best Tat's i've had IMO. I had a few Drac's but gifted them out and never got my hands on a frank so i'm only 1 out of 3 so far. But i'm gonna do my best to not do what i did last year (only buy a few of each). So far i really enjoy almost everything that Tat was to offer so i'm gonna try to load up on at least one box. If i don't like them there will be other people that do who i can sell the box too.

I'm really looking forward to this new stick and i think Mario nailed it on the head about Pete.
cigarmonkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 04:53 PM   #49
Tripp
Pepin Ho of the NorthWest

First Name: Tripp
Partagas
Tripp is on a distinguished road

I'm a huge Tat whore, but haven't ever been able to get my hands on a Monster series. Pete says these will be a little less frustrating to get a hold of, so hopefully I'll be able to get some.
Old 08-17-2010, 04:55 PM   #50
E.J.
I'm nuts for the place

Trading: (21)
E.J. is a jewel in the roughE.J. is a jewel in the roughE.J. is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by cigarmonkel View Post
So far i really enjoy almost everything that Tat was to offer so i'm gonna try to load up on at least one box. If i don't like them there will be other people that do who i can sell the box too.
Could not have said it better myself.... If I have the opportunity to purchase a bundle at MSRP, chances are....I will make that purchase. The only thing that makes it a "chances are" and not a "I will", is the RG....that is a little bigger smoke than I prefer....
E.J. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 07:25 PM   #51
Starz26
Adjusting to the Life

First Name: Eric
Trading: (22)
Army (Served With Honor)
Starz26 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripp View Post
I'm a huge Tat whore, but haven't ever been able to get my hands on a Monster series. Pete says these will be a little less frustrating to get a hold of, so hopefully I'll be able to get some.
Dude, thats sad.....

PM me your addy and you will have a Drac and Boris....
Starz26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 07:27 PM   #52
cigarmonkel
User Title goes here

Trading: (32)
Montecristo
cigarmonkel has a spectacular aura aboutcigarmonkel has a spectacular aura aboutcigarmonkel has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starz26 View Post
Dude, thats sad.....

cigarmonkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 07:28 PM   #53
Chingas
Death Is Waiting

First Name: Chingas
Trading: (35)
Partagas
Chingas has disabled reputation

Quote:
Dude, thats sad.....

Stand Up BOTL!

Old 08-17-2010, 07:52 PM   #54
Matt-N-Ga
MattGah

First Name: Matt
Trading: (4)
Partagas
Matt-N-Ga will become famous soon enough

Did you guys see the interview that Jcruz did with Pete from IPCPR on Stogiereview? Check it out, he explains The Face, the release, the amount, the packaging, the blend, the concept. He also explains that the Boris, being not of the Monster Series but of the Actors series, will not have a follow up during the Halloween release of the Monster, he will instead do it during the Academy Awards time, probably the week leading up to/of the Awards.

That being said, I have tried all the releases, and have had mixed reviews. The Frank is great, The Drac was a huge dissappointment (except for the unbanded ones, those turned out better) and the Boris was by far my favorite. I'll get the Face if I can, if not, no sweat. I do feel though that it's his company, he can do what he wants, I talked with him about the Drac release and he was really pissed about the uppricing of the sticks, the huge problems with availability, and the overall confusion, enough so that he thought he may not do one this year, but he already had invested too much to give it up, so, hopefully this year will go better.
Matt-N-Ga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 09:44 PM   #55
Tripp
Pepin Ho of the NorthWest

First Name: Tripp
Partagas
Tripp is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Dude, thats sad.....

I'm always blown away by the generosity of the BOTLs in this place. You have no idea how much this offer means to me.... PM sent.

Old 08-17-2010, 09:47 PM   #56
Starz26
Adjusting to the Life

First Name: Eric
Trading: (22)
Army (Served With Honor)
Starz26 will become famous soon enough

Waiting
Starz26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 11:52 PM   #57
mariogolbee

Quote:
Originally Posted by newlifetaxidermy View Post
I look at it like eating at a fine restaurant. The place can serve beautiful dishes, receive rave reviews, and be nearly impossible to obtain a reservation at, but the proof is in the pudding. If I paid $100 for a meal at one of these type establishments that was not as good as the local burger joint, I'd say the same thing. A $7 meal (what the meal is worth, not what it costs) at a restaurant that is over-hyped and over priced is still a $7 meal.
This is an unfair comparison. Maybe if you were comparing a Cohiba Grand Reserva to a $7 cigar but we're talking about a $12-14 stick here. Your analogie would be better suited if it were comparing your local burger joint with Red Robin or something.n Most Tat's that are "Monster" size are around the same price anyway.

Nice job Eric!
Old 08-18-2010, 04:16 AM   #58
Brutus2600
Your resident lancerHO

First Name: Brian
Trading: (46)
LGC
Brutus2600 has a spectacular aura aboutBrutus2600 has a spectacular aura aboutBrutus2600 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt-N-Ga View Post
Did you guys see the interview that Jcruz did with Pete from IPCPR on Stogiereview? Check it out, he explains The Face, the release, the amount, the packaging, the blend, the concept. He also explains that the Boris, being not of the Monster Series but of the Actors series, will not have a follow up during the Halloween release of the Monster, he will instead do it during the Academy Awards time, probably the week leading up to/of the Awards.

That being said, I have tried all the releases, and have had mixed reviews. The Frank is great, The Drac was a huge dissappointment (except for the unbanded ones, those turned out better) and the Boris was by far my favorite. I'll get the Face if I can, if not, no sweat. I do feel though that it's his company, he can do what he wants, I talked with him about the Drac release and he was really pissed about the uppricing of the sticks, the huge problems with availability, and the overall confusion, enough so that he thought he may not do one this year, but he already had invested too much to give it up, so, hopefully this year will go better.
Just watched the video and it was really interesting. Not to threadjack, but it is cool he's bringing back the T110 blend under a different name/size, keeping the T110 for what it was and those who got it, but releasing more of that blend for others who would like to try it or make it a regular smoke. Also, you better believe I'll be joining the Saints and Sinners club and Adopt a Farm, sounds like a couple of cool programs.

Back on topic, it's good to hear that he's releasing more of the monster series than previous years. 666 boxes on Oct 13th with the special box, then another 1300 boxes of 10 on the week of Halloween without the special packaging to give more people the chance to get them who are just interested in the cigar. It'd be cool to get the special box, believe me, but I'd definitely just be happy getting to try the cigar itself.
Brutus2600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 05:20 AM   #59
Don Fernando
Postwhore

First Name: Ferdinand
Trading: (29)
Army (Retired)
Don Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud of

Quote:
Dude, thats sad.....

Thanks for adding reputation to this user. May you be lucky enough to receive the same Reputation back in turn.
Old 08-18-2010, 05:21 AM   #60
longknocker
Postwhore

First Name: Greg
Trading: (82)
Cohiba
longknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Fernando View Post
Thanks for adding reputation to this user. May you be lucky enough to receive the same Reputation back in turn.
Awesome Gesture!
longknocker is offline   Reply With Quote