Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Pipe Forum > Discussion

Old 01-26-2009, 06:38 PM   #1
Curly Cut
Not Scary

Trading: (9)
Curly Cut is on a distinguished road
Default Ebay Estate Pipe Buying Article

for those of you that don't know who Maxim Engel is, he is a constant at all the pipe shows, operates the pipes2smoke.com website, and has some great emails he sends out to his list. i've luckily been on that list for at least 6+ years now (i think i bought an estate pipe from him a long while back).

also, for those of you that are not NASPC members, they have a magazine they put out every couple of months called "The Pipe Collector". you also get some cool discounts from certain vendors for being a member (like 5% off non-tobacco purchases at smokingpipes) - membership is only $15-17/yr.

in a recent email by Max, he was given permission to re-post an article by a NASPC member in regards to buying Pipes off Ebay.

hope this helps some of us out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Engels email from 13Jan
EBAY ARTICLE - This week I am fortunate enough to be able to republish Tony Sodermans' Two Part, Pipe Collector, article on what EBay is and isn’t. This is probably the best article on the workings of EBay and how to be a smart buyer and avoid some of the pitfalls of EBay, including what to avoid in restored pipes. Tony, whom I am fortunate to know, is probably one of the most knowledgeable pipe collectors there is. His article is well worth reading.
http://www.pipes2smoke.com/EBay_The_Truth.htm
Old 01-26-2009, 08:53 PM   #2
TheJ

Default Re: Ebay Estate Pipe Buying Article

great articles.
Old 01-27-2009, 02:15 AM   #3
yellowgoat

Default Re: Ebay Estate Pipe Buying Article

Thanks for the article! Great read there.