Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 03-15-2011, 11:17 AM   #261
sikk50
Just Bored Really...

First Name: Andrew
Trading: (13)
LGC
sikk50 is a glorious beacon of lightsikk50 is a glorious beacon of lightsikk50 is a glorious beacon of lightsikk50 is a glorious beacon of lightsikk50 is a glorious beacon of lightsikk50 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Motorcycle Thread..

It was either cheap on the helmet and get boots and vest or buy good helmet and get boots and vest next pay day bc I ended up putting more down than I had expected to after seeing the apr rate. With the accidents I've worked I stand by my decision for now. I rather lose a foot than my noodle.
Old 03-15-2011, 12:29 PM   #262
Volusianator
Bikes, Babes & Cigars!

First Name: Wade
Trading: (17)
SCdlH
Volusianator has a spectacular aura aboutVolusianator has a spectacular aura about

I finally broke down and tool my air cleaner cover in to be repainted, can't wait to get it back so I can ride.
Old 03-15-2011, 12:51 PM   #263
weak_link
The Stranger

First Name: Eric
Trading: (1)
Montecristo
weak_link has a spectacular aura aboutweak_link has a spectacular aura aboutweak_link has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by sikk50 View Post
It was either cheap on the helmet and get boots and vest or buy good helmet and get boots and vest next pay day bc I ended up putting more down than I had expected to after seeing the apr rate. With the accidents I've worked I stand by my decision for now. I rather lose a foot than my noodle.
Even if you've got some leather construction boots or something around they would be 100 times better than sneakers. Just lookin' out, not trying to bust balls.
weak_link is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 12:57 PM   #264
sikk50
Just Bored Really...

First Name: Andrew
Trading: (13)
LGC
sikk50 is a glorious beacon of lightsikk50 is a glorious beacon of lightsikk50 is a glorious beacon of lightsikk50 is a glorious beacon of lightsikk50 is a glorious beacon of lightsikk50 is a glorious beacon of light

Na I totally understand, I've seen what happens trust me
Old 03-15-2011, 01:09 PM   #265
HK3-
Cashmere Jungle Lord

First Name: Boffa
Trading: (48)
Partagas
HK3- is a glorious beacon of lightHK3- is a glorious beacon of lightHK3- is a glorious beacon of lightHK3- is a glorious beacon of lightHK3- is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volusianator View Post
I finally broke down and tool my air cleaner cover in to be repainted, can't wait to get it back so I can ride.
I feel your pain. I have a dead back tire.
HK3- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 01:24 PM   #266
Volusianator
Bikes, Babes & Cigars!

SCdlH
Volusianator has a spectacular aura aboutVolusianator has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by HK3- View Post
I feel your pain. I have a dead back tire.
I got a few miles left on mine, but they will need to both be replaced early this spring.
Old 03-15-2011, 01:40 PM   #267
HK3-
Cashmere Jungle Lord

Partagas
HK3- is a glorious beacon of lightHK3- is a glorious beacon of lightHK3- is a glorious beacon of lightHK3- is a glorious beacon of lightHK3- is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volusianator View Post
I got a few miles left on mine, but they will need to both be replaced early this spring.
Mine is about half gone and the shop is telling me they don't patch/plug bike tires.
Old 03-15-2011, 02:14 PM   #268
TBone
Equal opportunity Bomber

First Name: Paul
Trading: (25)
ERdM AirForce (Disabled Vet)
TBone is a jewel in the roughTBone is a jewel in the roughTBone is a jewel in the rough

And mine runs like a raped ape...of course I'm the ape running it
TBone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 02:30 PM   #269
weak_link
The Stranger

First Name: Eric
Trading: (1)
Montecristo
weak_link has a spectacular aura aboutweak_link has a spectacular aura aboutweak_link has a spectacular aura about

It's Alive!!!!!! After crashing my favorite pointless toy at Sears Point in 2008, followed by a divorce and some other yucky stuff I've finally gotten back on my feet to where I could fix my Ducati and give my KTM a break this summer. Just waiting on a couple last bits but here's the proof.

If you like noise turn up your speakers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNiV0oweRwA
weak_link is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 02:54 PM   #270
newcigarz
Smoke and Mirrors

Trading: (15)
HUpmann
newcigarz has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by weak_link View Post
It's Alive!!!!!! After crashing my favorite pointless toy at Sears Point in 2008, followed by a divorce and some other yucky stuff I've finally gotten back on my feet to where I could fix my Ducati and give my KTM a break this summer. Just waiting on a couple last bits but here's the proof.

Sounds good!
newcigarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 01:16 PM   #271
Volusianator
Bikes, Babes & Cigars!

SCdlH

Going through some old pics today, I found a pic of my first bike, Suzuki GS750L

Old 04-11-2011, 11:12 AM   #272
Tripp
Pepin Ho of the NorthWest

First Name: Tripp
Trading: (5)
Partagas
Tripp is on a distinguished road

The wife and I picked up our first bikes a couple weeks ago.. We're having a ton of fun building up our skills, and really hoping the nice weather settles in soon.

Mine is on the right
Old 04-11-2011, 11:17 AM   #273
HK3-
Cashmere Jungle Lord

Partagas

Quote:
Originally Posted by weak_link View Post

Awesome getting it back on the road again
Old 04-11-2011, 11:19 AM   #274
HK3-
Cashmere Jungle Lord

Partagas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripp View Post
The wife and I picked up our first bikes a couple weeks ago.. We're having a ton of fun building up our skills, and really hoping the nice weather settles in soon.

Mine is on the right
Nice that you two get to ride together but separate. Congrats and be safe! Hi-beams on all the time is my recommendation.
Old 04-11-2011, 11:23 AM   #275
Pass
Puff, Puff...

First Name: Max
Trading: (8)
MarineCorps (Served With Honor)
Pass is on a distinguished road

Picked up my new bike yesterday. Rode 'er home from Delaware and loved every minute of it. Great bike!! 2011 FLTRU (Road Glide Ultra) Merlot. I've already logged 250 miles on 'er.
Old 04-11-2011, 11:23 AM   #276
Ogre
****CENSORED****

First Name: Larry
Trading: (46)
Montecristo
Ogre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant future

Congrats Tripp. Leigh is wanting to get her license to ride.
Old 04-11-2011, 11:25 AM   #277
Ogre
****CENSORED****

First Name: Larry
Trading: (46)
Montecristo
Ogre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant future

I am a little jealous Max, sweet looking ride!!!!
Old 04-11-2011, 11:25 AM   #278
Remo
C.I.A

First Name: Mike
Trading: (122)
Partagas
Remo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant future

It's about this time of year that I miss my bike, sold it when I bought a boat, not sure if it was a good swap

Name:  bike1.jpg
Views: 292
Size:  69.7 KB
Old 04-11-2011, 11:31 AM   #279
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

While the weather was still crap, I fixed the bad light on my light bar up front. The guys at the Honda shop had put the light bar on an unswitched circuit thinking they were helping me out (helping kill my battery, I suppose).
So, while I was installing an iPhone charger and speakers and an iPhone holder on my bike, I moved those lights back to a switched circuit. I'd like to put them on my high beams, but that'll have to wait.
I got a new leather jacket with a hoodie built in, I love it. Lisa and I are both looking for boots.
I managed to rip my trunk bad yesterday because I never rectified the retarded situation the original owner created there. I guess that makes me twice the tard.
We got 125 miles in yesterday, it's the 5th or 6th time I've been out this year, but the first time I didn't freeze my nads off.
So that's where we're at.
We need boots, and I'd like to get cruise put on Lisa's little 500 Shadow. I love mine, it's a big help. I'm sure she'd enjoy it, too.
Oh, and chrome...
I need a front fender rail, and I need to find a front fender tail, chromed. I don't want the tail, but the original owner had a leather mudflap with tassles and reflectors on there that hit the road and cracked the fender all up around the screw holes. A fender tail would cover all that mess and keep stuff from cracking further.
There's some more chromage I'm waffling about, but ya just gotta go one chunk at a time.
Old 04-11-2011, 11:37 AM   #280
HK3-
Cashmere Jungle Lord

Partagas

Quote:
Originally Posted by shilala View Post
While the weather was still crap, I fixed the bad light on my light bar up front. The guys at the Honda shop had put the light bar on an unswitched circuit thinking they were helping me out (helping kill my battery, I suppose).
So, while I was installing an iPhone charger and speakers and an iPhone holder on my bike, I moved those lights back to a switched circuit. I'd like to put them on my high beams, but that'll have to wait.
I got a new leather jacket with a hoodie built in, I love it. Lisa and I are both looking for boots.
I managed to rip my trunk bad yesterday because I never rectified the retarded situation the original owner created there. I guess that makes me twice the tard.
We got 125 miles in yesterday, it's the 5th or 6th time I've been out this year, but the first time I didn't freeze my nads off.
So that's where we're at.
We need boots, and I'd like to get cruise put on Lisa's little 500 Shadow. I love mine, it's a big help. I'm sure she'd enjoy it, too.
Oh, and chrome...
I need a front fender rail, and I need to find a front fender tail, chromed. I don't want the tail, but the original owner had a leather mudflap with tassles and reflectors on there that hit the road and cracked the fender all up around the screw holes. A fender tail would cover all that mess and keep stuff from cracking further.
There's some more chromage I'm waffling about, but ya just gotta go one chunk at a time.
Don't make her too heavy, she'll get slow.