Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-24-2020, 04:59 AM   #1
gomeitsmybday
Feeling at Home

First Name: Michael
Trading: (5)
RA
gomeitsmybday will become famous soon enoughgomeitsmybday will become famous soon enough
Question Question on lower RH

Good morning fellow inmates!!

Okay so around 6 months ago, I was still keeping my cigars at about 65% and was still generally having the occasional burn issue and even harshness in my cigars.

Since then, I created a new system that has been working really well. In my large coolidors, I've been keeping my NCs at about 68% and CCs at 66-67% for the longer term aging. For cigars I'm currently smoking, I have smaller plastic air tight tubs that I keep the cigars in and use 48% bovedas. I know 48% sounds really low, but I've found with using a hygrometer, the 48% bags actually bring the humidity in these tubs up to about 55-58%. Since doing this, my results have been nothing short of *spectacular*. NCs and CCs alike, taste wonderful every time and never a burn issue unless due to the cigar's fault themselves.

My question is, at what point would cigara begin to lose their oils/flavor and how long would it take for this to happen? Most of the cigars in these lower Rh tubs get smoked pretty soon, but I just want to make sure the ones that may spend a few months (if not occasionally more) will not begin to deteriorate/lose their oils.

Many thanks in advance for any input!

Last edited by gomeitsmybday; 02-24-2020 at 05:00 AM. Reason: Paragraph edit
gomeitsmybday is offline   Reply With Quote