Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Sports

Old 01-10-2012, 01:28 PM   #581
E.J.
I'm nuts for the place

Trading: (21)
E.J. is a jewel in the roughE.J. is a jewel in the roughE.J. is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Official SEC Football Thread 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by SvilleKid View Post
As far as boring..... I turned off most of the offense free-for-all bowl games at half time, because the looked like basketball games with all that uncontested running up and down the field, each team scoring at will! That's not football. That's barely half the game.
I turned off the game just after the half because it looked like a soccer game. Inability to come up with any offense, punt, punt, punt....that's barely half the game.....

From the ratings, it looks like I was not alone....
E.J. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 01:31 PM   #582
Stephen
Sultan of Cigars

First Name: Stephen
Location: Where the Pony Express began and Jesse James ended.
Trading: (18)
Stephen has a spectacular aura aboutStephen has a spectacular aura aboutStephen has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by E.J. View Post
I turned off the game just after the half because it looked like a soccer game.
Nah, soccer players are usually proficient at kicking.
Stephen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 01:57 PM   #583
rizzle
Order Restored

Trading: (23)
Bolivar
rizzle is a jewel in the roughrizzle is a jewel in the roughrizzle is a jewel in the roughrizzle is a jewel in the rough

I'd like to congratulate the LSU Tigers on a fine season, as well as the rest of my SEC brethren. Not a bad showing through bowl season.

For the many PlayStation experts out there, those who wanted anyone in this game but Bama, and in particular Oklahoma State, you need to understand the most basic concept about college football...when a great defense full of athletes faces a great offense full of athletes, the great defense wins virtually every time. Virtually. Every. Time.

There is no need to endlessly defend the concept of defensive football and certainly no need to justify the value of anyone's entertainment dollar. It's as irrelevant as looking at the ratings from the first BCS game on cable only.

Hopefully we can be a little more mature on this thread next year and I apologize for my contributing to that nonsense. Till next year...Roll Tide!
rizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 03:05 PM   #584
E.J.
I'm nuts for the place

Trading: (21)
E.J. is a jewel in the roughE.J. is a jewel in the roughE.J. is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by rizzle View Post
I'd like to congratulate the LSU Tigers on a fine season, as well as the rest of my SEC brethren. Not a bad showing through bowl season.

For the many PlayStation experts out there, those who wanted anyone in this game but Bama, and in particular Oklahoma State, you need to understand the most basic concept about college football...when a great defense full of athletes faces a great offense full of athletes, the great defense wins virtually every time. Virtually. Every. Time.

There is no need to endlessly defend the concept of defensive football and certainly no need to justify the value of anyone's entertainment dollar. It's as irrelevant as looking at the ratings from the first BCS game on cable only.

Hopefully we can be a little more mature on this thread next year and I apologize for my contributing to that nonsense. Till next year...Roll Tide!
Playstation experts? So again, numbers like sos and wins against ranked opponents don't count for anything....

For the record, I would like to think my comments(few as they have been) on this thread have been nothing but "adult".... Though truthfully, it appears that if you are not of the group think, you're a rebel rouser.....

As I said in another thread, I say congrats to the Bama faithful on their BCS Championship and LSU on a regular season unlike anything I have ever seen...
E.J. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 03:52 PM   #585
OLS
Suck It

First Name: Brad
Trading: (19)
Bolivar AirForce (Served With Honor)
OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjavanish View Post
You know, for all the smack that was talked, impressive to see you post such a classy post even in defeat. Honestly. It's sore losers and sore winners that make the game unbearable.
If you remember on page 20, post 395, Longknocker asked me what I would say if Bama won. I told him :
"I will come into this thread and congratulate all of you, exactly the way I would have done it had you
beaten LSU at Tuscaloosa earlier. I told you as much a month ago. I still feel the same way...if bama beats
the Tigers, it won't be one play or another, it will be that we failed to execute our game plan, the plays
needed to score, and to otherwise secure victory. I have no problem praising the better team."

That's why I lost a lot of respect for some folks in the thread. They couldn't do that in the reverse situation.
No one knows losing hurts in this situation more than me. All you guys did was lose a squeaker. It ended up
not hurting you one bit. We lost it ALL. But no matter how cocky, partisan or obnoxious I am in preparation
for the game, I have the class to give credit where it's due after it's all over. You won't hear a lot of excuses
out of me. That's what bull5hi+ fans do.. We got our a55 whipped by a superior force. And not only that,
we looked like5hi+ doing it. Bama showed everyone what a juggernaut they are. They shut EVERYONE up.
At least the ones that know what they're talking about.

But all that baloney about how we ought to all be happy, cause it's still the SEC that won, F that. I am pi55ed
that we lost, and I now officially hate bama, lol.
OLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 04:30 PM   #586
OLS
Suck It

OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold

One thing we do have to look forward to, more obnoxiousity by me, cause LSU is looking good for 2012.
Bama might be good too, not sure what they can do with what they might lose and what they WILL lose.
One thing for sure, McCarron is gonna be the QB to beat for best in the SEC. How embarassing was QB play this year?
LSU should have an easier time of it with the schedule in 2012, but it hurts to lose the big one after turning in the performance
we did with plate set before us. The way Oregon and WVU rose to the top was just like a 'meant to be' scenario. Ouch.
I don't follow it closely enough to know what all the other teams are going to be showing up with in 2012, so forgive me
if I leave the others out of my 'preview', lol.
Old 01-10-2012, 04:47 PM   #587
longknocker
Postwhore

First Name: Greg
Trading: (82)
Cohiba
longknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLS View Post
If you remember on page 20, post 395, Longknocker asked me what I would say if Bama won. I told him :
"I will come into this thread and congratulate all of you, exactly the way I would have done it had you
beaten LSU at Tuscaloosa earlier. I told you as much a month ago. I still feel the same way...if bama beats
the Tigers, it won't be one play or another, it will be that we failed to execute our game plan, the plays
needed to score, and to otherwise secure victory. I have no problem praising the better team."

That's why I lost a lot of respect for some folks in the thread. They couldn't do that in the reverse situation.
No one knows losing hurts in this situation more than me. All you guys did was lose a squeaker. It ended up
not hurting you one bit. We lost it ALL. But no matter how cocky, partisan or obnoxious I am in preparation
for the game, I have the class to give credit where it's due after it's all over. You won't hear a lot of excuses
out of me. That's what bull5hi+ fans do.. We got our a55 whipped by a superior force. And not only that,
we looked like5hi+ doing it. Bama showed everyone what a juggernaut they are. They shut EVERYONE up.
At least the ones that know what they're talking about.

But all that baloney about how we ought to all be happy, cause it's still the SEC that won, F that. I am pi55ed
that we lost, and I now officially hate bama, lol.
Thanks For Being A Good Sport, Brad! I Don't Think Anyone Expected That Score. I Never Did Hear Les Miles Say Anything About BAMA Outplaying His Tigers, Did You?
longknocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 04:49 PM   #588
OLS
Suck It

Quote:
If everything goes your team's way, I can totally see that happening

Old 01-10-2012, 05:03 PM   #589
OLS
Suck It

Quote:
Originally Posted by longknocker View Post
Thanks For Being A Good Sport, Brad! I Don't Think Anyone Expected That Score. I Never Did Hear Les Miles Say Anything About BAMA Outplaying His Tigers, Did You?
Greg, I hate to say it, I didn't hear him say anything. I was asleep at the end, not from boredom, haha.
I expect him to say something like we got our butts whipped, hats off to Alabama, and to the coaches
and players. It has to be tough on him. He let himself be wildly out-coached. And the players deserved
better, much better. They had the kids to hang with bama. They know they were under-coached.
Shame. Miles has his hands full for a few months, probably 6-7.......

But great for the Tide, huh? Got to say, they made their fans very proud. ALL that sadness turned 180
degrees. I am sure the guy who is now internet famous and his crusty looking girlfriend must be TICKLED!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg poor-bama-fan.jpg (95.6 KB, 137 views)
Old 01-10-2012, 09:13 PM   #590
rizzle
Order Restored

Bolivar
rizzle is a jewel in the roughrizzle is a jewel in the roughrizzle is a jewel in the roughrizzle is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLS View Post
One thing we do have to look forward to, more obnoxiousity by me
That's kinda stating the obvious, huh.
Old 01-17-2012, 09:16 AM   #591
rizzle
Order Restored

Bolivar

How to pick your SEC school, in flowchart form. Pretty good.

Clicky
Old 01-17-2012, 09:26 AM   #592
Powers
Swamp Ash member in exile

First Name: Michael
Trading: (17)
Bolivar
Powers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to all

Quote:
How to pick your SEC school, in flowchart form. Pretty good.

Clicky

That's great. Although they could have done a little more w/the Florida one

Old 02-01-2012, 08:01 AM   #593
McSmokey
Feeling at Home

First Name: Justin
Trading: (30)
LGC
McSmokey will become famous soon enough

Sigining day anybody not watching bamsradio.com is missing out. Roll Tide!
Old 03-08-2012, 02:17 PM   #594
Powers

Bolivar
Powers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to all

14th straight year the SEC leads the nation in attendance

http://espn.go.com/blog/sec/post/_/i...-in-attendance
Old 04-02-2012, 06:58 AM   #595
hammondc
Moar Padrons!

First Name: Chip
Partagas
hammondc has a spectacular aura abouthammondc has a spectacular aura abouthammondc has a spectacular aura about

I'm ready for 2012.......
hammondc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 04:07 PM   #596
chippewastud79
Fatter than you!

First Name: Larry
Trading: (44)
Partagas
chippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to behold

Chris Claiborne scores a 4 on his Wonderlic. How bad are the academic standards for athletes at LSU that this is possible?
Old 04-03-2012, 04:36 PM   #597
Smokin Gator
Just plain insane!

Trading: (106)
Partagas
Smokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to behold

Not exactly in the football theme... but I wonder if there has ever been a time when one conference has held the national title in football, basketball, and baseball at one time?
Old 04-03-2012, 04:55 PM   #598
McSmokey
Feeling at Home

First Name: Justin
Trading: (30)
LGC
McSmokey will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokin Gator View Post
Not exactly in the football theme... but I wonder if there has ever been a time when one conference has held the national title in football, basketball, and baseball at one time?
from Answers.com California, Michigan, and Ohio State are the ONLY schools to win all 3 Division I Championships but none have one them in the same year.
Old 04-04-2012, 10:20 PM   #599
SvilleKid
Yes I am a Pirate

Trading: (52)
SvilleKid has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokin Gator View Post
Old 04-17-2012, 08:27 PM   #600
Powers

Bolivar

So the Mad Hatter is to blame for breaking 'Bama's trophy!